It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I will no longer be shopping at Gap Inc stores and encourage Americans to do the same

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
While browsing online for Christmas gifts, and general deals I came across this little gem www.gap.com...

It is a mens long sleeved t shirt with the phrase "USS Liberty Bound Cocktail Lounge". At first, I thought that perhaps I was mistaken, but no take a look for yourself.

I don't think a tee shirt has ever offended me, but I can't support a company that would sell such a shirt and thought I would spread the word.

I just realized I put this in the wrong section could someone move it. Thanks
edit on 6-12-2010 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
and...How did this offend you?

3rd line
edit on 6-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

Somehow I have a sneaking suspicion, call it a hunch... GAP will survive

edit on 6-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

google the USS Liberty.

I'm sure they will but I can spend my money elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'd never have and never would shop at the Gap.

For those that don't know about USS Liberty.

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy torpedo boats, on June 8, 1967, during the Six-Day War.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 170 crew members, and severely damaged the ship.[3] At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish.[1][4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Their defense? USS Liberty Bound?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I think youre over thinking the meaning. Im sure whoever designed it has NO clue there is a "conspiracy" about an incident so long ago..

Take your panties out of a wad, and you will be fine

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dmefoc

Yes, I thought of that, however a company as large as Gap has a social responsibility to know what they are printing on a tee shirt.

In any event, I emailed them to make them aware. I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The name of the non-existent ship is the "USS Liberty Bound."

It's just a stupid shirt.

If it said, "USS Liberty (AGTR-5)," that would be a horse of a different color.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Congratulations for taking the initiative to challenge the GAP. The problem today is people do not realize how important small things can be when they are multiplied millions of times -- like an insesitive shirt worn by thousands accross the nation.

Here's a good video regarding the effect and importance of making choices regarding purchases.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well, get sent me back a form letter saying they forwarded my email to their merchandising department.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by dmefoc

Yes, I thought of that, however a company as large as Gap has a social responsibility to know what they are printing on a tee shirt.

In any event, I emailed them to make them aware. I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

I dunno... A few years back i bought a shirt at target t it said "Liberty Harbor"

I think it's simply a patriotic shirt

new topics

top topics

join