It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were 100% certain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
that in one month's time a cataclysmic disaster(please insert your disaster of choice) was to befall your current country of residence ,causing mass panic ,food shortages,rioting ,death and general disarray .Could you, would you or should you tell and convince other people to leave the area and take refuge at a safe location.?How could you tell your wife and kids,family and friends to quit their jobs,sell all their possessions and leave their homes to go and live in a cave,tent ,caravan etc in a remote safe location?
Most people you tell will think you have lost the plot even loved ones will be very hard to convince , you know for certain it will happen but have no proof.
Can you forcefully make them go ?
Any ideas how to convince people?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
do you believe you know of a coming event? It is hard to convince the general public bc most people believe "that won't happen to me"

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It is going to be difficult to convince someone of something you have no evidence for. State your case and hope for the best I guess.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i could tell people

i would tell people
and because i love humans i should tell people..

i would explain as best as i could.. probbaly on facebook because that is the easiest way to reach everyone i can, and then i would prepare and head away from the city up to my aunts who lives in a mountain surrounded town near a lake,

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Don't wait until the last minute for a catastrophe to talk to your family and friends. My family and a few of my likeminded friends have talked about different scenarios and have worked out some plans. We've come up with a few code words that express the seriousness of the situation. If you get a call or message from one of the group stating one of the code words it will give you an idea of what's up. From there its up to the individual to heed the warning or not. If communications are down we have a plan for that and designated places to meet if possible. The big thing is trust, if you trust the people in your group enough you know the warning will not be issued lightly.This is a small group most people think you're nuts to plan for an emergency.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'd tell them, but wouldn't waste a lot of time convincing them. They'd either trust me or not, and live or die from the consequences. Personally though, I'd want people around me, as we'll need each other to really survive and prosper. Alone, most of us haven't got a chance (and even if we do...won't be a very fulfilling life...)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We all die, is what i would think. I do not think anything will happen, but even if i did, we all die anyway, do we not?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't think you can convince anyone who doesn't want to know. That's the key - they don't want to know.

My son and daughter in law asked me last night why I have so many food grade five gallon buckets stacked in my office. I told them don't ask questions they really didn't want the answer to.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
if the true disaster really comes i think you have no need to persuade your friends your wife or other relatives to quit their jobs abandon their property and so on
they will do these Consciously because no one wants to loss his or her life
edit on 13-12-2010 by dccruibay because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
I don't think you can convince anyone who doesn't want to know. That's the key - they don't want to know.

My son and daughter in law asked me last night why I have so many food grade five gallon buckets stacked in my office. I told them don't ask questions they really didn't want the answer to.

That sounds familiar.

I was asked the other day why i keep 20 litres of petrol (unleaded and leaded), and the same of diesel when i don't own a car. I said whilst i don't own a car (don't need one), if in an emergency i needed to borrow one, i never wanted to be in a situation where i couldn't due to there being no fuel either in the cars tank or at the gas pump. Sounds odd maybe, but it's peace of mind for me, especially having kids.

Not everyone would understand that one, so i just don't tell people in general.

As for the thread topic, a very good question, starred and flagged.

I firmly believe that many members of my family would think i'm a fruitcake if i said the place was going to go to pot so we should ship out fast. Luckily i have only a very few family members close enough to me to bother about.

I would first try and explain to them the situation, they know me well enough to know i'd be genuine and would be acting in their interests.

If that failed to convince them, i would maybe write a calm, sensible sounding letter, outlining once again the situation, but also what i had done to tackle the crisis. I would give them directions to where i was going to go, tell them that i have prepped for them too if they choose to accept the info and offer of hospitality, and leave the choice with them.

There is only so much you can do, and when the time comes you may just have to save your own backside rather than stay with those who refuse to listen.

CX.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

The old Noah problem.

Personally - the best way I can think of to do this is to be ready at all times while remaining functional. The house I want to save for and build will be a survivalist's dream. The house, itself, built into the side of a steep hill mountain, ingrained into the bedrock. There will be plenty of land being used as an orchard and farm(able). The ventilation system will be convection based, and so on and so forth. It'll be expensive, and I like nice things - I plan for that house to out-live me, so it's going to be a nice place to live, on top of that.

Anyway - the best thing to do is simply to have a plan.

The problem in trying to communicate this to people is illustrated quite well here on ATS - look at the predictions section. Every day is some new person setting a date for our doom. You're immediately placed in the same bin with those people when you try and tell someone of an impending disaster you have no evidence for. Society can't go on thinking it is going to be destroyed tomorrow.

The best way to help my friends and family is to try and work out a plan - not with the "I think it's going to happen" but with the "Hey, if something really bad ever happens, let's figure out how we are going to survive." People are much more responsive to "imagineering" than they are to prophecy.

I would attempt to spread this plan as far and wide with people I trust as I could. I would petition government representatives to push for emergency action plans and simple things that can be done to help keep people calm and working together (that is the key - when people stop working together, society collapses). I wouldn't try to put a date on it and say "I know we are all going to die!!!" That labels whatever I'm trying to accomplish as lunacy.

In the mean time, I make preparations myself and with my friends/family for the plan we develop. They may or may not comment or muse at my sense of urgency - but my paranoia is not perceived as unhealthy, just a tad eccentric. I would do my best to not scare anyone and cause undue tension with my family (especially if I'm married at the time - a wife who thinks her husband has gone crazy is not going to lead to good things, going to scare the kids, etc).

Then when the proverbial feces hit the fan, I and others have a plan to fall back on. When it happens, I can say "yeah, I knew this was going to happen, and knew you all would think I was crazy. Thank me later, now let's move."

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That's really the thing, isn't it.

You can't be 100% certain.

top topics

join