It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human-like Robot - ...Greeeaaatt...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Since robots are machines and we are organic machines, will the day come when some lonely person decides to marry a robot? Then if the robot dies, can you collect "life" insurance on its death?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
This ones even more disturbing!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Yeah. Real "excited" about finding this just now on youtube. I felt the need to share. If you have other advanced robot info please share it with me. Even though this makes my stomach churn, it is inevitable and I *suppose* I should inform myself and others. Even though regarding this topic, I might just change my mind and find a nice cave to hide out in instead. Not that robots couldn't find me there too. Ah crap. Well, in any case. Enjoy:

Great. Just great. You don't want to click this, honestly.

If this is what the Japanese are showing us, what do you think they already have in the back room? Could it be something like this?

DARPA's 'GUARD-DOG' Aims to Replace Human Intelligence

The robot army of the future

Israel building robot army - report

The MULE: Multipurpose Logistics Vehicle Anatomy of a U.S. Army Warrior Bot

Army Terminators Walk Like Men

Dragon Runner Reconnaissance Robot, USA

America's Robot Army: Are Unmanned Fighters Ready for Combat?

Don't think for a second that it's a long stretch between now and when these robots are deployed, because it isn't. All that is needed for a system like this to work is a working robot, which already exists, we have seen video. Artificial Intelligence, which is being worked on, and you can believe day and night worked on, and a computer system to central process all of this information, like the Cray Supercomputers already in existence, and a Satellite System to control it all, programmed to react to any input situation under the robot's control. This rabbit hole goes very deep, and it is real, and in your face right now, people. Look here:

Robots and Robotics. Computer Control. Computer Engineering

Arithmetic processor chip for robot control

Japanese Robot Performs Space Docking, a First

New Type of Brain-Computer Interface Lets You Control Robots With Your Eyes

Don't let them fool you with the cute Asian girl looking robot with the soft female voice, think about the Terminators, with their warrior face and weapons systems, land, sea, and air based for your total "protection."
And, when total control is assumed by the Powers That Be, perhaps they will give us one of these:
Sex and Marriage With Robots by 2050

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Clicks link smh......... Looks outside remembers the main powersource in local vicinity and how it CAN effect these things and SMILES...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thank you for the link. I should probably trade in my baseball bat for [insert point here], then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join