It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea Starts Naval Firing Drills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Not much more to say about this one. I just figured this might be something ATS would want to pay attention to tonight. I am off to catch some sleep.

SEOUL, South Korea — Brushing aside North Korean warnings of war, South Korea began live-fire artillery drills near their disputed maritime border on Monday, less than two weeks after the North’s surprise shelling of a South Korea-held island sharply escalated tensions between them.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It seems that S.K. is taking a tough stance to the north, hope this will be useful to the peninsula peace ...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by skyvia

It wont...I think the North made a serious miscalculation. They were hoping after their last stunt to restart the nuke talks, but only after a peace treaty is signed, and after they get economic assistance. We have played this game the last 10-15 years, and it does not look like its going to work this time around.

With the recent wikileaks regarding Chinas view on N. Korea, its entirely possible N. Korea feels they no longer have any other options except to go out in a blaze of glory.

The population of S. Korea is calling for a massive response.. This coming from people who are only about 40 miles from the DMZ and within range of all North Korean Artillery (you get the idea).

The slightest provocation by the North, and they are going to be attacked. I think we have reached the endgame..

join