It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Is Not A CIA Psy-Ops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm going to say this as a member who has read many of the files that have to date been released...

as posted on another thread

I will make my point clear so anyone can understand...

WIKILEAKS IS RELEASING INFORMATION WITHIN IT'S INNER CIRCLE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE DEDICATED TO SEEING IRAN AND NORTH KOREA WIPED OFF THE MAP....

THAT'S IT...

It's exactly is if I infiltrated the Popular Crew back in High School and exposed them for being egotistic... ALL WIKILEAKS IS DOING IS EXPOSING A COMMON AGENDA WITH TPTB... BUT MAKING IT LOOK LIKE IF ALL IRANS AND NORTH KOREA'S NEIGHBORS AGREE...

It's like infiltrating a meeting with a bunch of yes men...

Wikileaks’ estranged co-founder becomes a critic

Young, a 74-year-old architect who lives in Manhattan, publishes a document-leaking Web site called Cryptome.org that predates Wikileaks by over a decade. He’s drawn fire from Microsoft after posting leaked internal documents about police requests, irked the U.K. government for disclosing the names of possible spies, and annoyed Homeland Security by disclosing a review of Democratic National Convention security measures.

Cryptome’s history of publicizing leaks–while not yielding to pressure to remove them–is what led Young to be invited to join Wikileaks before its launch over three years ago. He also agreed to be the public face of the organization by listing his name on the domain name registration.

Operating a Web site to post leaked documents isn’t very expensive (Young estimates he spends a little over $100 a month for Cryptome’s server space). So when other Wikileaks founders started to talk about the need to raise $5 million and complained that an initial round of publicity had affected “our delicate negotiations with the Open Society Institute and other funding bodies,” Young says, he resigned from the effort.

In the last few weeks, after the arrest of Army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning cast a brighter spotlight on Wikileaks, Young has been trying to trace Wikileaks’ money flows. On July 17, Wikileaks asked supporters for $200,000 to pay for Mannings’ attorneys, even though co-founder Julian Assange said a few days earlier that the organization had already raised $1 million.

CNET caught up with Young at the Next HOPE hacker conference here last weekend, where he was attending the Wikileaks keynote speech. Following is a transcript made from a recorded interview with Young, lightly edited for space.

CIA, Mossad and Soros behind Wikileaks

Suspicions abound that Wikileaks is part of U.S. cyber-warfare operations

WMR has learned from Asian intelligence sources that there is a strong belief in some Asian countries, particularly China and Thailand, that the website Wikileaks, which purports to publish classified and sensitive documents while guaranteeing anonymity to the providers, is linked to U.S. cyber-warfare and computer espionage operations, as well as to Mossad’s own cyber-warfare activities.

Wikileaks claims to have decrypted video footage of a U.S. Predator air strike on civilians in Afghanistan and that covert U.S. State Department agents followed Wikileaks’s editor from Iceland to Norway in a surveillance operation conducted jointly by the United States and Iceland. Iceland’s financially-strapped government recently announced a policy of becoming a haven for websites that fear political oppression and censorship in their home countries. However, in the case of Wikileaks, countries like China and Thailand are suspicious of the websites’ actual “ownership.”

In January 2007, John Young, who runs cryptome.org, a site that publishes a wealth of sensitive and classified information, left Wikileaks, claiming the operation was a CIA front. Young also published some 150 email messages sent by Wikileaks activists on cryptome. They include a disparaging comment about this editor by Wikileaks co-founder Dr. Julian Assange of Australia. Assange lists as one of his professions “hacker.” His German co-founder of Wikileaks uses a pseudonym, “Daniel Schmitt

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

S & F for the OP

to say that Wiki is endangering the lives of Soldiers when our governments have been doing so throughout the centuries and recent decades.

This.

go wikileaks

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

There is still however a couple of problems...

Why is there really nothing about Israel with all the information channels traveling around it?
Why is the information simply embarassing like a bunch of schoolgirls caught in gossip?
Why is there really nothing a third party, who has been involved in "activities," can pinpoint and say, yep, did that?

931 out of 251,287 cables have been released. There is your answer.

Please, stop posing questions that you can answer yourself.

Give it some time before you spread negative implications about WIkileaks without the full facts.

Also, they took aim at Hitlery Clinton on the very first day of leaks, and we know Hitlery Clinton is chums with the Israelis, don't you worry, you WILL get your dose of ISRAELI cables to more than satisfy your needs.

edit on 6/12/10 by galactictuan because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by bvproductions
Do people not realize that we've only seen a small fraction of what needs to still be released?

They do and this is the fact that is most exposing of their pre-disposition.

As I said in the other thread:

Over the recent months I have seen ...

People who call themselves truthseekers turn away from facts.
People who question everything cower under their laptops.
People who fancy their independent thought become feeble conformists.
People of intellect abstaining from thought and reason.
People hiding in absolute apologia.
People putting down their mirrors.
Most of all people resorting back to their self defined archetypes when the truth arrives at their doorstep.

Why?

Because they are scared.

And when people fear they lash out at the messenger.

But the inescapable fact is that ...

The Truth Spares No One!

And think about it, only a minuscule amount of these cables have been released. No one has enough information to make a valid assessment, and still these folks have sprinted to their conditioned mental prisons pre-empting any will to look at anything with open eyes.

It is a shame, on ATS no less, where one might have expected a slightly more aware reaction to the historic events unfolding before us ... instead the reaction is exactly the same as one would expect if one sampled the local mall food court patrons.

And these folks who are so afraid, what have they done other than being afraid?
When was the last time they disclosed truths that others use against us?
Or is the limit of their reach, their courage, and their will, limited to a google search box?

And so it goes ...

edit on 5 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

Well said mate!

I thought it was some big JOKE when I read about the Wikileaks is CIA thread. I laughed even harder when I read the source and logic behind it.

Then I felt sad for humanity that people were defending this WIKILEAKS is CIA psyop business.

Here we have humanity's game of light vs. dark, poor vs. rich coming to an end in a most spectacular and PUBLIC way for all to see and in the hope of it all, to OPEN people's minds who are still asleep. And yet there are people who refuse to see the bigger picture...

And so I am here to tell you, WAKE UP....!!!

Stop the paranoia and join me and CELEBRATE! We the people have WON! VICTORY is ours!

Let's get this party started!

edit on 6/12/10 by galactictuan because: more emphasis

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Well put...Must be because It's exactly what I've been argueing all all these unsubstantiated threads about the subject.....:roll

It's definitly too soon to draw a concusive idea either way and there are NO facts to suggest wiki is anything but what they say they are..

When someone comes along with credible facts, I'll listen:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
I'm going to say this as a member who has read many of the files that have to date been released...

WIKILEAKS IS RELEASING INFORMATION WITHIN IT'S INNER CIRCLE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE DEDICATED TO SEEING IRAN AND NORTH KOREA WIPED OFF THE MAP....

You sir just gained an ice-cream. As for cryptome, well lest say wiki is dwarfed by cryptome level of feedback. Perhaps we might see cryptome explode into life leaving wiki in the wake in more way's than one.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Does nobody else even pause to consider how blindly most people simply accept that Wikileaks, the information that they get, and the whole ball of wax is just "AOK" and on the up and up?

Simply by saying "Hey, what if Wikileaks is being used, even unwittingly" to disseminate bunk?" seems to raise the wrath and ire of a lot of people.

I'm not saying "Trust the MSM and be skeptical of Wikileaks". I am bluntly saying "Trust nothing that you don't have first hand knowledge of. Always be skeptical to some degree."

I mean, sheesh, if we nailed Assange to a couple of 4x4's right now... it feels like he'd have his own religion about two weeks later.

~Heff
edit on 12/6/10 by Hefficide because: typo

Have you stopped to consider that those people who support Wikileaks actually have thought it through?

second
edit on 6-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

S&F Thanks.

second

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by Hefficide
Does nobody else even pause to consider how blindly most people simply accept that Wikileaks, the information that they get, and the whole ball of wax is just "AOK" and on the up and up?

~Heff
edit on 12/6/10 by Hefficide because: typo

Have you stopped to consider that those people who support Wikileaks actually have thought it through?

second

LOL, exactly!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Hello Memory

As you already know my take on several issues way better than the majority here. Lets begin by how far the intelligence community is embedded into everyone lives, from facebook or similar social working networks to the release of new generation cell phones. Just about everything that is being manufactured/sold can at a keystroke be accessed without the need of an internal memo. To flow through to a current issue that popped up across the net was an increasing concern that china has purchased u.s. bonds, thus fueling a fear that everything manufactured within the asian sector is or has been comprised. This is true and has been very well documented but it only involves low level internet interaction and its citizens. (regardless of nation).

At this point, i would definitely like to move your eyes to that war back in the 60-70's, yes the vietnam. The freedom of press and speech did have a direct impact on society and other regions on a global scale. It did infact destabilize the dollar across the globe and allowed smaller nations to become defiant towards the u.s. and not only. I guess about know you can begin to see a similar pattern emerging, but do not be too swift in dismissing the one topic from the other.

On one hand, after the vietnam war, the industrialized part of the U.S. was fueled to a point that even amazed age old enemies and financial groups. There was a period of grace and good fortune with its citizens enjoying a carefree and rich lifestyle. That only lasted till the recent Iraq-U.S. war.

Then we have a decade period that led to the U.S. being dormant. Sure there were hot spots and sure there were skirmishes, but nothing come close to mobilizing the military machine of the u.s. which requires billions on a daily basis to keep its viability in a ready-set-go position.

So now we are at the same point as it were if we traveled back in time to the 80's. Isn't interesting how the decade free period has suddenly become a reality when comparing it to its previous time line and a burst of industrialization. We have all heard/read/viewed the proposed pull out from Iraq, Afghanistan and more attention focused to the Asian sector. (no mention of the middle east what so ever, are you not concerned).

I guess after so many documents leaked that there would have been an analyst on board stating the obvious. The U.S. is gathering its forces and re stocking its supplies for the shortly upcoming exchange. Meanwhile, totally disorientate the global masses into confusion as to what the precise purpose of its existence is.

edit on 6-12-2010 by tristar because: fixed spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by No Retreat No Surrender
I most definitely do not think Wikileaks is a CIA front..ATS has come alive with people criticizing Wikeleaks which is strange because all they have done is put the information out there. Nothing else.

Politics of envy.

Many, who criticise Assange (especially the MSM), resent the fact of being ignored by those with the information. The media's cry of "why didn't they come to us?" is laughable, especially since the NY Times confirmed to the BBC it was taking advice from the administration of how to present the leaks. Whereas the Guardian, in the UK, cited freedom of the press and started publishing.

Again, I say with deep conviction, many of ATS have the same mentality - why don't people bring information to us? Seriously, no one would bring confidential files to a member of ATS, who honestly believed everything was a conspiracy. You could not be trusted to handle, or even deliver, the material in a calm manner - like Assange.

The nationalisation of British banks, which I broke on ATS - three days before it happened - from my sources is a classic event. It was dismissed as "star whoring" but only a tiny few thanked me for it, when the government announced and vindicated my thread. ATS members demand inside gossip then they dismiss it when it comes.

I recall once, I discovered the DoD had public files on how staff should document UFOs (I'll find the thread in RATs). It was quite astonishing when reading the documents, it focuses on sightings that "cannot be explained" and an archive of UFO videos and pictures by the DoD.

Do you know what the reaction was on ATS? They didn't care or were not interested. Members expected full disclosure.

I want the pictures of aliens and ufos, not official policy on how to document sightings

*face palm*

Why bother, eh?
edit on 6-12-2010 by infinite because: (no reason given)

Many people haven't even gone to the source and read the cables themselves. They follow the MSM - and other sound bites posted on here and condemn a man on that alone. They want stuff against Israel, deem there is none - and accuse Assange on that basis ALONE, even without having taken the trouble to read all the cables which do contain material relevant to Israel. I ask them, have they read all the cables involving Israel? Is it being given preferential treatment compared to other countries? There are certainly things in there which will embarass Israel, as is the case for most of the other countries.

Have these same people taken the trouble to read what Assange himself has to say about what they are doing, why they are doing it? Have they read his articles and other publications from the past to get a better sense of who htis man is and what his views of the world are?

I'm guessing the majority haven't taken the trouble to do that, but are happy to condemn the man anyway. That isn't denying ignorance, it's perpetuating it.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Quite.

I've read the cables myself, on the original site, and there is information regarding Israel and the US effectively turning a blind eye to some of their actions in Gaza. But, those complaining on ATS are too lazy (yes, a tad strong but it's true) to research for themselves.

You call for a revolution and unveiling of the truth, but you want others to do all the hand work? LOL

Reinforcing the narrative that ignorance is well and truly bliss.
edit on 6-12-2010 by infinite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Why is there really nothing about Israel with all the information channels traveling around it?
Why is the information simply embarassing like a bunch of schoolgirls caught in gossip?
Why is there really nothing a third party, who has been involved in "activities," can pinpoint and say, yep, did that?

Where is there nothing about Israel?
In the MSM? Ask them.
On ATS? Ask ATS posters (including yourself).
In the Wikileaks cables? Go read it, it is there.

The fact that it is embarrassing is making more of the public aware of what they pay taxes for and die for.
Are you in a position to fully understand the ramifications of the information disclosed? Most of us aren't.
So far, this 'simple embarrassement has caused the US to review its security, apologise to countries around the world, have their spying on allies totally exposed, UN to be considering legal action, UK citizens to have a huge insight into the influence US is having on domestic policies, it has caused one German politician to be sacked, it has exposed bias in the Iraq war enquiry in UK, it has exposed things about Afghanistan, and middle East politics, it has provided evidence that Israel has biological, chemical and nuclear weapons, it has caused US to change many of its diplomats, it has raised the issue of transparency world wide, and hugely strengthened the call for more transparency by much bigger numbers, it has exposed and brought to centre stage the issue of free speech, it is galvanising people all over the world to participate, TPTB are so rattled there have even been calls for him to be assassinated. What does that expose about those who make such horrendous statements. Do you want such people leading a country? If not, what are you doing about it? It has achieved all this and much more in just one week. But for many ATS posters, that's just not enough.

Even if there had been something sensational about Israel in the releases, what would have happened do you think? There has been much shocking news about Israel in the news in the last several years, what has that changed? What exactly did it achieve? How many of those wanting more dirt on Israel actually took any action when real damning information was available, even in the MSM? Millions didn't.

These leaks are less sensational but wider in scope. Assange has said that the content of the leaks are of secondary importance, the leaks themselves are the main point. An excellent article was posted on ATS about this...how many read it, I wonder?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

If he this is true then why doesn't he release the Insurance files, instead of using them as protection.
there are other ways of protecting himself. seems more like blackmail.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

In the MSM? Ask them.

Just so we are clear here, if you are able to "screen shot" what you are referring to, or do you by any chance feel that myy intentions are of a hostile nature to deflect the obvious.

The ball is in your court.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

In the MSM? Ask them.

Just so we are clear here, if you are able to "screen shot" what you are referring to, or do you by any chance feel that myy intentions are of a hostile nature to deflect the obvious.

I don't understand your question. There is info on Israel in the cables if you go and read it. Screenshot of what?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

If he this is true then why doesn't he release the Insurance files, instead of using them as protection.
there are other ways of protecting himself. seems more like blackmail.

Why don't you ask Assange that question? I'm sure he would be willing to explain it to you, lol! Or perhaps he hasn't thought it through as carefully as you, lol!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

In the MSM? Ask them.

I don't understand your question. There is info on Israel in the cables if you go and read it. Screenshot of what?

Well how about, troop deployment, recent imports via the suez canal and its recent delivery of primers. Ooops..i forgot this is ats and not wiki.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No disrespect, but in the spirit of Christmas - Bah Humbug!
Let's look at the history of whistleblowers in the last few years, shall we?
Maj. Anthony Shaffer and Sibel Edmonds to name 2 of the most important.
The MSM has given them how much coverage?

Aren't the media tied at the hip with government, banks and multinational corporations?
If the WikiLeaks cables were authentic, why would the MSM work against their own self-interest?

Assange is another character like Obama with a mysterious past, going to dozens of schools, always moving, etc.
We trusted Obama and got burned for it.
I'm not eager to stick anything in the fire again.
Nor would I put it past the CIA or MOSSAD to run an operation like this.

Nobody can prove it one way or another at present.
Let's see which way the chips fall.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
No disrespect, but in the spirit of Christmas - Bah Humbug!
Let's look at the history of whistleblowers in the last few years, shall we?

Funny enough it is our current motto regarding people who use the internet in acquiring an income that is not so obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join