It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Stealth Planet May Explain Rain of Comets from Solar System's Edge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Source

Charles Q. Choi
SPACE.com Contributor
SPACE.com – Sat Dec 4, 9:00 am ET

Our sun may have a companion that disturbs comets from the edge of the solar system — a giant planet with up to four times the mass of Jupiter, researchers suggest.
A NASA space telescope launched last year may soon detect such a stealth companion to our sun, if it actually exists, in the distant icy realm of the comet-birthing Oort cloud, which surrounds our solar system with billions of icy objects.
The potential jumbo Jupiter would likely be a world so frigid it is difficult to spot, researchers said. It could be found up to 30,000 astronomical units from the sun. One AU is the distance between the Earth and the sun, about 93 million miles (150 million km).
Most systems with stars like our sun — so-called class G stars — possess companions. Only one-third are single-star systems like our solar system.

This subject seems to be gathering an awful lot of attention lately, multiple researchers reporting the same findings. I wonder if this has anything to do with the upcoming "Wikileaks" documents?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I personally don't buy it, but i guess we will found out soon enough.
It's all just theory so far, no evidence at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

"May have ..."

"May soon ..."

"Could potential ..."

"If it..."

Could soon ...

My ass.

Rubbish.
edit on 6-12-2010 by jdub297 because: ... ... ...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This has been covered in another thread somewhere Im pretty sure.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Don't want to burst bubbles, but a thread was posted at the beginning of this month.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not doing it to get this one locked or anything [I feel like I should say that when linking to another article. I just feel bad about doing it
], but some of the comments in it are pretty good reads as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I was reading that same article this morning, very interesting stuff indeedy.

Could also explain cyclical catastrophic earth changes, starting off with climate change, which most, if not all of the planets in the solar system are going through...Hmm.

Could also explain the increasing intensity predicted for the next solar maximum of the sun's 11 year cycle of expansion and contraction....Hmmmm.

Could also have something to do with the intensity, size and numbers of earthquakes we're experiencing in these times, not to mention the "sinkholes" and volcanoes knewly awakening or active ones becoming more active...Hmmmmmmmm.

Could also have something to do with the earths magnetic poles moving at ever increasing speeds away from their previous positions...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Two, thirds of G-class solarsystems have a binary Sun, thats a 75% chance our sun has a companion, and that our binary systems Suns must orbit in whats likely an eliptical path bringing it closer and further away in different cyclical stages of that orbit. This in turn bringing about all sorts of consequences on the electromagnetic and gravitic balance of our solar system and earth, with these preasures being released in the form of earth movements.

All sounds to be the most plausible explanation and that's without taking into concideration the many,ancient legends, myths, writings and conected stories concerning earth destructions and cataclysims, or the archeological evidence of those said destructions all adds more validity to the possibility we are in a binary system with our companion star orbiting in a several thousand year eliptic.

Seedbanks?
5000 underground bases to be built by Russia??
One million precious books from the London library to be stored underground until2012??

Certainly you have to seriously consider this to be a real possibility and I don't think can be dismissed so easily IMO

edit on 6-12-2010 by Mythkiller because: afterthoughts

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

My point exactly, further investigation on this topic is definitely warranted...IMO no theories should be dismissed, t.

new topics

top topics

join