It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Just a couple points:
1. Anybody wonder how wikileaks is getting all this info?
2. If wikileaks can get all this highly classified info about many countries all over the world, why doesn't it have anything about the supposed inside job on 9/11 ? The millions of classified or sensative documents not not one memo about 9/11?

1. we already know... bradly manning who had access to jwics ... where you been?

So one guy is responsible for hacking the worlds computers? WOW ! one guy?

2. you really thiink that would be in cables?

I'm not talking about just the latest release. I'm talking about everything. In all the files, not one mention of the supposed 9/11 inside job? You mean to tell me that this supposed conspiracy, largest ever conceived, and nobody wrote one thing down? Not gonna happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
For people who missed it earlier in the topic, here is the link to the actual cable again:

Viewing cable 09STATE15113, REQUEST FOR INFORMATION:CRITICAL FOREIGN DEPENDENCIES (CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND KEY RESOURCES LOCATED ABROAD)

reply to post by stirling

Do you realize that America needs to import raw materials, right? Wanting to protect mines and gas lines in other countries has nothing to do with "controlling the world." It has everything to do with international commerce and the fact that we can't produce everything the country needs ourselves. It's not like the US just walks into a country and demands the use of resources.

By your logic, companies like Dell think they own the world because they want to protect their manufacturing plants abroad despite the fact that they don't own them. It's just ridiculous and it couldn't be any clearer that you have now idea how international business, trade agreements, and the like are conducted. Besides, 192 countries/states would consider it an issue of their own national security if the UN, located in New York, was attacked. That doesn't mean they think they "own" the UN or that part of the country, just that they see the UN as a valuable resource (in this case, for foreign policy) that happens to be located in a different country.

Countries can do business on foreign soil without it being some ridiculous conspiracy. That's just international cooperation.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Tsuki-no-Hikari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
The elite have no credibility when it comes to determining what is "vital" to national security.. they're laughable clowns who lie for a living and cloak their nefarious activities in secrecy.. official sounding, serious too.. ooohhh, "national security" is at steak!! OMG!! soccer moms beware!! a Cobalt mine in the Congo is being overrun ... lol.. low budget drama dude.

These people should be heckled and clowned on, not taken seriously.

You keep bringing up this one cobalt mine. You're acting as if the entire document emphasizes on the importance of one cobalt mine. If you actually take a second and skim through the list, you'll see quite a few places that are vital to our well being. Some places include:

Australia: Crotalid Polyvalent Antivenin (Anti-venom)
Austria: Immune Globulin Intravenous (Made from human plasma, it is used to combat disease and infection)
Belgium: Acellular Pertussis Vaccine
Denmark: Smallpox Vaccine
Denmark: Numerous formulations of insulin
France: Influenza neurominidase inhibitor
France: Rabies virus vaccine

Just a few. Plus, cobalt is used in radioisotopes (medical). cobalt is vital too.
edit on 6-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Just a couple points:
1. Anybody wonder how wikileaks is getting all this info?
2. If wikileaks can get all this highly classified info about many countries all over the world, why doesn't it have anything about the supposed inside job on 9/11 ? The millions of classified or sensative documents not not one memo about 9/11?

1. we already know... bradly manning who had access to jwics ... where you been?

So one guy is responsible for hacking the worlds computers? WOW ! one guy?

2. you really thiink that would be in cables?

I'm not talking about just the latest release. I'm talking about everything. In all the files, not one mention of the supposed 9/11 inside job? You mean to tell me that this supposed conspiracy, largest ever conceived, and nobody wrote one thing down? Not gonna happen.

No... many thousand of guys

However Bradly Manning, was the one who decided that the oath he took to protect the secrets entrusted to him was worthless.

In my eyes, because of his role and the abuse of his position, bradly manning is indeed a traitor.

But yes, it only takes one bad apple.

Assange on the other hand, is a different thing altogether.

And if 9/11 really was an inside job, I'll ask again.. do you really think it would be documented?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In regards to the Australian assets:

AN AUSTRALIAN company listed in a document as critical to US national security says its entry on a classified diplomatic cable is out of date and full of errors. Melbourne-based pharmaceutical company Mayne Pharma, listed as the sole worldwide supplier of a snake anti-venom "Crotalid Polyvalent Antivenin", says it hasn't produced the drug for more than 10 years. The cable, posted on WikiLeaks overnight, is part of a 2008 list of sites assembled by US diplomats around the world that could threaten US national security if they were attacked by terrorists. Mayne Pharma's chief executive Roger Aston today said: "The company is not providing this to the US Government and hasn’t done for years and years…maybe it was true 10 or 20 years ago but not any more.

Full article here

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsuki-no-Hikari
What good can come from the world knowing these locations, attacks on which could actually disrupt the lives of innocent citizens?

I'm not sure what to make of this whole thing. The only reason I can possibly see for this type of release, is maybe to show that we have our fingers in so many parts of the world, and deem lots of sovereign land as vital to our interests, and control and make money off the resources in many countries other than ours, while the people in many of those countries get the shaft and live in poverty?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

In my eyes, because of his role and the abuse of his position, bradly manning is indeed a traitor.

Traitor to the US, or hero to the world?

I think it is vital for the world to view a video of American soldiers mowing down a group of people (including two reporters) and talking as if it was a video game. This is how Americans percieve their war, and it is disgusting.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i also heard that a website leaked many secrets of us .including some bad words on other countries' heads
is it true ?if so how embarrassed us will be

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
That release from Wikileaks was grossly irresponsible. While I've got a right to tell the world about a neighbor I don't like having a hole in his fence, I'd be a complete ass to actually do that. I believe it was released because a world government (Interpol) threatened Assange with violence, and in return Assange damaged the security of US government interests. Yet since that was not clearly stated, I have to assume Wikileaks is simply being idiotic at this point. Motives are important in that release and until I see evidence of good motive I'll assume malice. The US people have a right to know what their government is doing against them and any innocent people, but not simply the best way to destroy it.

This is the first bad thing I've had to say about Wikileaks. I like what they've been doing up to before this point. But know it just makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I don't understand why they added the thyrosafe at the end.
It isn't the only source, there's lugol's solution and you can buy it anywhere.
I keep a bottle in the house.

That release didn't tell me much that I haven't already read about in other sources. IE the US doesn't have any manganese, and there was a report out not long ago about rare earth minerals being the new battle ground and many of same were mentioned.

And why is everyone pigpiling Julian Assange on this one that are John Young supporters?

I mean, don't misunderstand me, I love Cryptome, but the eyeball series is pretty much along the same lines? As are half the UFO shows wanting to be, up there prowling around Dulce or Area 51.
edit on 7-12-2010 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

And if 9/11 really was an inside job, I'll ask again.. do you really think it would be documented?

Of course it would need to be documented in the sense that orders would need to be in writing in some form. How would the parties in question communicate? Place orders for personnel, material, etc...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Cheezus Cripes bunch of little scared children...
They probally have 20 other facilities which are still unknown for everyone that is on that list.
Come one Wikileaks, bitchslap everybody with the truth! (If this is true ofcourse)

That's something that has had to be done for many years/centuries. The truth can be tough and it can hurt, but it's the truth so accept it. If you now feel unsave by the release of these documents, then do something about it instead of bitching on the release of these documents, PREPARE YOURSELF!

Sometimes it's like watching a bunch of spoiled kids, people only want to hear or see the truth if it suits them.
That is not how it works people, deal with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Of course it would need to be documented in the sense that orders would need to be in writing in some form. How would the parties in question communicate? Place orders for personnel, material, etc...

Ahh... I see... you don't understand how shadow ops work... they are NOT documented...

otherwise they wouldnt be a shadow, now would they?

In my own business, there are things which we will never write down, but orders are given... directives made... yet no paper trail exists...

Don't you think the CIA would follow similar practices?
edit on 7-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join