It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12,000-year-old mine found in Chile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well there are some more claims about ancient mines also as long as 10.000 bc

They say it involves the mines mentioned in the Sumerian texts.

Ancient gold mines

edit on 6-12-2010 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

reply to post by The Djin

Iron oxide is oxidized iron, aka rust. thus the red coloring.

And yes, im almost 100% positive that wood fire can be used to smelt. However, I think they need to use one of those nifty air blowers the you compress/decompress over and over again. However i may be mistaken.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
so? what does this mean? are we all going to die or not? is the S hitting the F? should i be ready to embrace me death? is this a sign of the end is near? if so, how near is it? we talkin days or years? someone please explain this to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have a problem here that got me thinking...

If people were living in Chile 12,000 years ago and were isolated from outside sources (Other continents), how does Christianity affect them? According to the Bible (Written 11,000 years later), everyone on the planet should know about "God" right?

This is what bothers me about Christianity. The people who wrote the Bible had no idea that a large body of land was sitting across the pond, and so did not take into the account of other people not on the "mainland". I don't think I'm writing this clear enough, I'm having a issue of putting my thoughts into text.

Anyone see where I'm getting at..?

Ever since I took Anthropology courses in college, I've had a problem with Christianity - is this bad?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whatisanameanyway

Iron oxide was used as pigment for paints and in various rituals. The color could be red, brown, yellow, orange
or black depending on type of oxide (magnetie, hemetite, limonite)

Surface deposits could be easily mined by ancient people using primative wood/stone tools

No indication tried to smelt or refine the raw minerals

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

See. those are some of the same questions that I have always had, and I am a firm believer in Yahweh/Yeshua.
I think the conclusion that I have come to is that Yeshua/Jesus may have traveled a lot during his early adult years. I don't think it impossible that He traveled to distant lands and brought the gospel to those people. It's at least as plausible as anything else I've ever heard. And it was certainly doable for the Savior of mankind, was it not?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whatisanameanyway

This is incredible. Ive known for awhile a that human civilization goes back much further then what mainstream archeology admits too. This just further reinfoces what I believe to be true. Not to mention, this is just after the last ICE AGE!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well being that Christianity has within it information from ancient text I wouldnt feel so bad...
2nd

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatisanameanyway

12,000-year-old mine found in Chile

Awesome, Flar and Stag aswell!

Implications of this if true, is the beginning of a re-write of history as we know it.
Most likely though it will be ignored... Amirite

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I assume that he could have traveled across the oceans - but you don't see any of this evident in the Bible or in the religions in the Americas. Also, it is said that Jesus had a large following of people so you would think that Jesus' disappearance for months if not years on a voyage to other continents would be noted, right?

I don't know, but after going to college and becoming educated in Anthropology - my faith has been dwindling. After having to study our many ancestral bipedal hominids and the progression of the Human species - it has made more logical sense than the Bible. I hope I'm right...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxize
Would love to see some pictures of that mine. Anybody found some already?

I've been looking for more information about this and pictures but sadly drawn a blank

Woody

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Discovery of Aluminum

The ancient Greeks and Romans used alum in medicine as an astringent, and in dyeing processes. It is doubtful whether you entered a museum with ancient Greek, Roman or Chinese pottery and you did not see aluminium in use. Aluminium-bearing clays to make pottery, and aluminium salts to make dyes can be found on such ancient pottery of all ancient cutlures contains aluminium. Those cultures of course did not know, or so we suppose, that an element called aluminium gave those special properties to their creations.

The ancients had access to aluminum, even if they couldn't isolate it or identify it. They knew that the material was changing the properties of what they were working with. What would prevent them from playing around with aluminum and rust and making thermite?
We definitely don't give much credit to our ancestors.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

A star for sharing the video by Michael Tellinger. Now, read his book called, "Slave Species of god".

Mankind's technology and purpose, I suspect goes back even further and the truth has been purposely hidden from us.

This discovery is just the tip of the iceberg.

What else hasn't the "scientific community" not been allowed to tell us?

Google Video Link

Quoted below is a review that is better than any I could do justice to this fasinating book.

Compelling, factual history of humankind from 450,000 B.C to 2000 B.C., Tellinger reveals a lost history through scouring countless ancient scripts, piecing together what has only been told in story, biblical accounts or myth yet he meticulously weaves these threads documenting through historicl, astrological, geologic, and archeological findings the origins of humans on this planet. How an ancient off world race called the Annunaki created Adamu through genetic manipulation, built advanced cities to mine resources like gold, interbred with their creations to make demigods, beings with incredibly long life-spans are our progenitors, the aliens are us and we are them, yet our DNA although holding the keys to so much lays 97% dormant and only now is beginning to awaken.

Take the time to read this amazing and truly phenomenal work and then begin your own journey into the new consciousness and awareness. That the Annunaki left behind from the last 3600 year cycle harbor ill-will towards the elite off-world Annunaki bretheren. And it is their desire to control the human race in collusion with the greys and reptilians in anticipation of the returning Annunaki to are returning to assist us as we've become of age. As fear and suspicion are instilled throughout the world towards other nations and beyond, we will be manipulated to reject, fear and even make war with our creators as a vengeful brotherhood of some 4000 Illuminati confront the visitors from Nibiru, Enki and Enlil.

Do check out the timeline of humankind: [...] - Vaughn Bresheare on Amazon.com

I wonder if anyone caught in the video you provided how he received e-mails that patted him privately on the back but would not, could not openly endorse Mr. Tellinger's work because of their fear of losing their funding and or jobs.

edit on 6-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Consider reading "The Book of Mormon", it will have answers to the history of South, Central and North America that helps explain some of the possible scenarios as to how and why people more than 12,000 years ago might have had the knowledge as well as the skill necessary to mine iron then. It also fits neatly into the Christianity thing as well.

Whether you have a religious belief or not, the book will give you some insight to that region rarely if ever taught in school or in main stream churches. You can down load a free copy on several sites on the internet.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

iInteresting post and relevabt question. Lylall Watson in his book The Lightning Bird touches on the uses of red ochre for many different uses not just thousandsof years ago--but still being used bytribes in South Africa. Learning to work with metals is obviously a quantum leap for each cycle of civilisation---perhaps there is more losthistory out ther for us to find again what we previously leqarned as a race.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by midniterise

Better yet, talk to a Native American elder.

Onsite, in Chile.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
According to the article, the size of the mine was 700 cubic meters.

That's a room about 30ft long, 30ft wide, 30ft high. I wonder if the mine started out as a cave, and these people just kept chipping away at it over the centuries.

That's a respectable little mine they had going there.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatisanameanyway

Would be interesting to know exactly where this is located, because parts of Chile would have been under ice cover at this time.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

perhaps the ice age dating info is not true.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
very interesting stuff,

but dont get over excited about the mine, they just used the iron oxide for a pigment, not to make any metalic iron, which is one of the worlds wonders, why the native americans, north or south, never , with a very small exception of one tribe in the great lakes region 2000 years ago ,never learned to make iron or even wide spread use of copper or bronze.
A wood fire simply cannot get hot enough to smelt iron, a charcol fire, with bellows will but it takes like 200 lbs of charcoal to make 1 pound of iron, and something like 6lbs of wood to make one pound of charcoal.
That is why metalurgy only shows up in areas with vast forests close to the ore deposits.

And metalic aluminum is completely a product of the modern age of electricity

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I am glad you brought this up, ofhumandescent. It's the first thing that popped into my mind. The second thing was...

"We've found more than 1,000 hammers ... but considering the amount of material we have yet to sift through, the real number could rise to several thousands," archaeologist Hernan Salinas said.

...what the heck happened to the thousands of miners? I know my husband doesn't just leave his hammer laying around a job site. I'm guessing that either...

A. Something catastrophic happened which killed all of them and...
1. we aren't being told about the bones also found in the mine, or
2. the bones all disintegrated to dust.

OR...

B. The Mother Ship suddenly beamed them up (Scottie)

Think about it. Why all the thousands of hammers left behind? If they'd simply abandoned the mining venture, don't you think they'd have taken their hammers home to use for other purposes?

There is more to this than meets the " I " (meaning, I am puzzled!)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join