It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My relation to Planet X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So I used a large red planet X in my yet to be published SciFi Novel. My editor said I should be careful because the Hubble has probably been able to see it by now (especially something that large), he was convinced the Sol system was mapped and there were no new worlds in our system. Then this potential discovery comes out (www.space.com...). In my story the planet is about 5 times the size of Jupiter and produces energy similar to that of a small companion sun. So you can see why i'm like "WOW" on this issue. In my story, it was a very large planet I called Nibiru and one of its moons contained humanoid life, it is a fictional story yes, but I tried to keep it close to science, theory and even listened to conspiracy ideals. Nasa says only 1/3 of the systems noticed so far have only a single sun, most have a smaller companion sun or planet. In the 80's, they noticed some gravity tugging on Neptune, but it was never cleared up. Okay, so I made up planet X, I made it very large so life could be supported on one of its moons either by tidal lock or a potential heat signature. I said the planet was red which is what an artist's conception of it was. The editor said it probable isn't there, but turns out it very well might be. My book is based on science and conspiracy theories, sci fi for the most, but strange in the same effect that things the novel predicted are now close to being discovered. Anyway, its probably a big coincidence, but I felt it worth mentioning. So far, if the discovery turns out to be positive, it will only lack one thing...life on one of the moons. I'm happy either way though, if the planet is confirmed i'll be able to tell my editor he was wrong. I may hold off on publishing pending the results of their findings. The story really came to me in a series of dreams, but i'm a very logical person who could not possibly believe this to be of any accord...they were just dreams that gave me an idea. Nevertheless, the level of coincidence is so close that even I have to call it amazing.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. Yeah, a lot of great ideas and thoughts have come from dreams, makes you wonder where our mind gets it all from. Are you going to post a link to your book when it comes out? I'm sure loads of people here on ATS would like to read it, since you're kinda one of us.

I'm thinking about co-writing a book myself. I've got some crazy ideas and visions that I'm sure at least one person would be entertained by. Yeah, I'm going to need to find a good editor as I'm not the best writer

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I'm actually looking for a proof reader and critic if you think you might be interested. Can't offer no money until I see where it goes but I can assure full credit will be given. I don't expect to make any money off it, but something tells me that I just need to get it out. I've spend the past 5 years doing just that. I have three editors who just love to try to prove me wrong, but its getting harder and harder for them to do. If you want to write something, I'd be happy to provide a first edit and even refer you to editors that I know.

edit on 5-12-2010 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
as a full time student, I would be more than willing to help you out (free of charge). Send me a U2U

new topics

top topics

join