It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denying Ignorance? Beware!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Review just the following examples from this week or so and ask yourself what this says about the kind of governance we've produced for ourselves...

Mark Ruffalo on terror advisory list

Actor Mark Ruffalo has been placed on a terror advisory list by U.S. officials after organizing screenings for a new documentary about natural gas drilling.

The "Zodiac" actor arranged showings for "GasLand" earlier this year and voiced his concerns about the practice in relation to the national water supplies.

But his efforts to raise awareness and demand a stop to natural gas drilling reportedly attracted the attention of officials from Pennsylvania's Office of Homeland Security - and he recently discovered it had landed him on a terror alert watchlist.

Mother Kept In “Glass Cage” For Almost An Hour By TSA For Resisting Over Breast Milk

After being told that her breast milk might have to be put through an x-ray scanner, Ms Armato attempted to show the TSA agents a print out of their own guidelines allowing non x-ray screening for breast milk. This act of serious disobedience resulted in the agent pushing Ms Armato into a glass cage, telling her “to be quiet if you know what’s good for you”, while calling for “back up”.

About 10 minutes into all this, a Phoenix PD comes to calm me down. I explain to him that there is no reason I should be treated this way and I have every right to be upset.

He then says “they” (aka TSA) saw me coming, have it out for me (from my complaint against TSA the week before when they didn’t know the breast milk rules then either), and I should travel out of a different gate in future weeks.

TSA to investigate body scan resister

The Transportation Security Administration has opened an investigation targeting John Tyner, the Oceanside man who left Lindbergh Field under duress on Saturday morning after refusing to undertake a full body scan.

Tyner recorded the half-hour long encounter on his cell phone and later posted it to his personal blog, along with an extensive account of the incident. The blog went viral, attracting hundreds of thousands of readers and thousands of comments.

Michael J. Aguilar, chief of the TSA office in San Diego, called a news conference at the airport Monday afternoon to announce the probe. He said the investigation could lead to prosecution and civil penalties of up to $11,000.

Students warned: Read WikiLeaks and you’re out of a government job

Graduate students at US universities are being warned not to read or post links to WikiLeaks documents, or they could be denied work with the US government.

Several news reports suggest the State Department has been warning university departments that students could fail security screening if they are seen to discuss or post links to WikiLeaks documents on social networking sites. The US government considers the leaked material to be classified, even after public release.

CNN Reporter Put On Watch List After Criticizing TSA

In light of new reports alleging that the TSA is creating a watch list of individuals who criticized the agency as a form of collective punishment, it’s revealing to note that CNN journalist Drew Griffin was also put on a TSA watch list immediately after he filed reports critical of the organization back in 2008.

I think one would do well to reassess one's relationship to "Denying Ignorance". Expressing an opinion about governance or policy is no longer a benign activity.

Speaker beware.

edit on 5-12-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Soon enough if you are Not on a watch list you will be a suspect."Why is this guy not on our watch list ,he must be up to something,quick put him on the 'Not on watch list list'.
Sorry but being the first in the world also brings some pitfalls.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
When the terror watch list is 1 million, the data starts to become useless.

Think about it: Who has the time and resources to keep tabs on all these terrorists? No one.

But the list does make it easy to identify those who should be thrown in FEMA camps.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
And as I pull back this curtain it is with great pleasure ladies and gentlemen to present to you..........The Thought Police!!!! (crowd roars in appreciation)
This I think is quickly becoming more of a reality than a fantasy or conspiracy. It isn't long before we won't be put on a list, we will just be sent right off to the"social rehabilitation center" for reeducation. When does this end? Is there an end? What will the end mean?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Uhhh.... Red Scare anyone?

Who brought Stalin back to life?
And where's Mao at these days?

I swear, some sick bastard is keeping their brains jarred, hooked up to some supercomputer, so that they can control the world.

That TSA stuff is just the last card for me.
Police state is soooo coming.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Maybe.

It certainly doesn't look very good, does it?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is clearly harassment and retaliation for daring to challenge the TSA in any capacity and appears to be getting worse despite the multitude of law suites now filed against these thugs. I am sure the TSA goons are on some peoples list too. Maybe it is time for people if they haven't already to start making thier own lists and the TSA and other alphabet goons trampling on every Ideal America was founded on start wondering what lists they are on? If they keep this up there is a day of reckoning coming one way or another. It has gotten out of hand.

Yeah I know but somebody has got to say it....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
When the terror watch list is 1 million, the data starts to become useless.

Think about it: Who has the time and resources to keep tabs on all these terrorists? No one.

But the list does make it easy to identify those who should be thrown in FEMA camps.

I don't know your name, your post count or what you blog about. All I know about you is that you know nothing about cutting edge technology.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Am most likely on their silly little list being 1. Ex military 2. Having lived the past 30 years in s.e asia 3. Speaking out against the corrupt bastards in d.c
Oh well let them try to find me... Will be laughing while they stumble around the jungle.. bit flattering to think at 67 years old the regime considers me dangerous..

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Upside: Being on a no fly list means no more having to threaten to revolt against the government over TSA pat searches! Bright side people... bright side!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

edit on 6-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
...Just pointing out that this thread isn't really just about the no fly list.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

US military threatens soldiers not to read Wikileaks

The US military in Iraq is warning soldiers not to access the documents released by WikiLeaks, informing them it could result in their computers being "sanitized."

An anonymous tipster told Gawker that "the Army's unclassified, NIPRNET network in Iraq has blocked every major news website because of the Wikileaks issue."

The US military denied the accusation, but said it is warning troops that it is illegal to access classified materials on an unclassified network.

The Education Department sent out a similar email, telling its employees that WikiLeaks was being blocked by the department to prevent unauthorized access to classified information.

Really?

edit on 7-12-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hey loam, miss ya.

And thanks for the info. Given the way I shoot my mouth off, I'll probably be arrested any day now.

new topics

top topics

join