It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet The Taxi Of Tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The future of taxi transport in New York City could look a lot different by 2014 -- though we can guarantee it will still be yellow. In an unprecedented move, the city will be unifying its iconic taxicab fleet, introducing the first-ever custom-built taxicab designed through a competition dubbed the "Taxi of Tomorrow." New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) Chairman David Yassky unveiled the three finalists in the search for the city's new cab in November. The announcement comes three years after the TLC first made public its intention to standardize the vehicle, and nearly a year since the agency issued a request for proposals inviting auto manufacturers and designers to submit their best concepts for the new design.

Aol News
Sounds like a good plan to me overall, although I don't think the classic cab look won't be missed. Growing up I had a boss who collected checker cabs, he had a couple of them it was neat to see. I would have to pick the First design though and change it to include a giant sunroof to maximize the scenery of N.Y. when looking up. Because I think the majestic look of the tall tall buildings could be something that a tourist might want to enjoy while being carried around the city.. Your thoughts, opinions?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

when all the oil runs out the taxi of tomorrow will consist of 3 tires with a carriage compartment powered by a chain that is rotated on a pully system attached to 2 gears with sprockets of different sizes.

the rich will use ones powered by domesticated animals like the horse.

edit on 5-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by jaynkeel

when all the oil runs out the taxi of tomorrow will consist of 3 tires with a carriage compartment powered by a chain that is rotated on a pully system attached to 2 gears with sprockets of different sizes.

the rich will use ones powered by domesticated animals like the horse.

edit on 5-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I was waiting to read or people!!!!

new topics

join