It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Cable 09STATE30049 "The elites"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wikileaks Cable 09STATE30049

wl.creative-guerillas.com...

I found the following sentence quite interesting.

""could only happen once the elites came to recognize the problem".

It comes from a conversation with Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd

Rudd indicated Australia was willing and able to help, especially in special operations and counterinsurgency areas, as soon as Pakistan was willing to accept help, but argued the necessary economic development assistance and capacity-building in Pakistan’s security forces could only happen once the elites came to recognize the problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
yeah, interesting.

these people really view themselves as better, smarter, stronger, more capable and important than the rest of us schmucks.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I thoroughly reject the idea of "elites" as time goes by the word sickens me. The arrogence of these people is beyond measure. They may be smart and they may well be well educated but they are not "elite" and if they'd care to meet me in a squared circle I'd prove it to them painfully.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Very strange wording but I know Rudd is very partucular with his words, especially in his writings..
Another pollie and I might pass it off as just a word, but Rudd would know what it meant..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

This is definitley a big find...it reveals to me anyway..that things are based quite alot on what the "elites" want...this shows they heed a certain master indeed.Great find.

edit on 5-12-2010 by Nebulous73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I find it hard to decipher what the term "elites" is describing here. One wants to jump and say, "well its obviously the elites who are otherwise known as tptb, the rich and powerful." Though in the context of the passage quoted, it seems it could be refering to something mentioned earlier in the cable. Maybe an "elite task force"? I'll have to read more to really get a grasp. I mean, wouldn't the elites/tptb already have recognized the problem? I mean they run the schnitzle, don't they?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
and this is just the start
expose the true power structure
expose it to the light
then like a vampire it will shrivel away
poof lol
xploder

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Yes the context is rather odd,one can only assume he would be referring to the financers? Regardless I find it more than a little troubling that it is used at all by someone like Rudd.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think is referring to Pakistan Elites inside Pakistan
second line

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
I think is referring to Pakistan Elites inside Pakistan
second line

That does make sense,in other words he is referring to the shadow government of Pakistan,again if true then it proves politicians acceptence of puppetmasters.
edit on 12/5/10 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

That’s most likely the case, but it still implies an attitude of “the elites are better than you”.

That’s the part that isn’t sitting well with me.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
there is nothing that will stop these self proclaimed "elite" from playing their games.
And I don't think we should focus on anyone other than ourselves, from now on.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Maybe he was referring to special ops troops and their use ...?They generally train and organise indigenous troops...as well as pull off ops.
line 2

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
I thoroughly reject the idea of "elites" as time goes by the word sickens me. The arrogence of these people is beyond measure. They may be smart and they may well be well educated but they are not "elite" and if they'd care to meet me in a squared circle I'd prove it to them painfully.

give them a sail boat and a tuxedo and these people are unbearable. but i have yet to know an elite that can take a right cross to the chin.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

nah what needs to happen is the "elites" need to be exposed. Once exposed the populace of this great world will take care of them. That's why they're underground or considered a shadow government.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

i think the whole point is that this proves what conspiracy theorists have believed for many years, that IT is the elites that run this planet, so why even bother having presidents?? why pay to keep them in a life of luxury? why not just cut out the middle man and say hey, rothchild, rockerfeller, what u going to do for our planet?

if a president is saying..."well we need to wait and see if the elites will recognise the problem" then it proves beyond a doubt that it is in fact the elites running the show.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Important Point To Be Made

From the standpoint of Political Science studies the word "Elite" is used to infer to someone that consolidates and exerts a concentrated amount of power in the fields of Politics or Economics. In the world of politics, It is not used in the sense of "Elite" Class of People by definition.

I'm not a fan of the word myself however this is Political and Diplomatic Cable so I tend to use definitions of words that are used in the field of Political Science. All I gather from this leak is that the State Department would like it if the Political / Economical Elites would like it if they saw the issues at hand in their favor.

Definition from "American and California Government" By Korey/Wilson/DiLulio

Political Elite: Persons with a disproportionate share of political power.

Power Elite View: View that the government is dominated by a few top leaders, most of whom are outside of government.

"Though the elites and the public see politics in very different ways, and though there are often intense antagonisms between the two groups, the elites influence public opinion in at least two important ways. First, elites, especially those in or having acces to the media, raise and frame political issues. .... Second Elites state the norms by which issues should be settled." Chapter 7 pages 167-168
edit on 6-12-2010 by elfulanozutan0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I've read other cables where other people have referred to the "elites" as well. What surprises me here is that Kevin Rudd is referring to them when I thought he was one. After all, he is the Prime Minister of Australia. But I guess that's silly. Elite is old money. Older than America, I'll wager.

I agree they are not truly elite. Everything they have has either been given to them or they stole it. Their money stinks of blood and slavery.

new topics

top topics

join