It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: Arrest Looks Imminent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Julian Assange: Arrest Looks Imminent

www.politicsdaily.com

LONDON -- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange -- who sent the world into a tailspin last week when his organization dumped some 250,000 U.S. secret diplomatic cables -- is without question the world's most wanted man. But according to several British news outlets, Assange's arrest is imminent, possibly as early as Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Going to be an interesting couple of days, especially with his information on BP and Guantanamo Bay.
Personally I wouldn't like to see him arrested, but thats my opinion. More power to the man I say. They say hes the world's most wanted man!
He's not going down without a fight though. He recently stated that he has a secret file that is his "insurance" in case he is killed or arrested or something.

www.politicsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by naraku

Yeah he is gone. They will get him, possibly even kill him. The rest of the leaks will be released. The world will descend into chaos for a while. It will all die down eventually & Julian's name will be all but forgotton except to the Tin Foil brigade, Academics & the intelligence agencies of the world! Been great reading the leaks though!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Actually the western media is maybe not told you, but here in my country we already heard that many "Truthseeker" group is already starting similar services all over Europe, similar to WikiLeaks. So what the Governments are going to achieve? Nothing at all.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
its a shame if he does get caught i was just starting to enjoy all these illegal secrets

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is like arresting a CEO of a company, a new one will just be put into place to keep the organization going. Maybe instead of having a lead man it should just leak the files as "the organization", with no front man attached.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This man should not be arrested. This is absolutely crazy and unacceptable.

second

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Even if he is arrested, documents will continue to be leaked from my understanding

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This will go down in history as the only time a guy is getting most wanted status by having sex without a condom and having one broke down during. This is just golden

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Forget Bin Laden, this guy stained a blue dress.

Originally posted by PsykoOps
This will go down in history as the only time a guy is getting most wanted status by having sex without a condom and having one broke down during. This is just golden

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Really sounds like hes done for, even admitted it himself

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by naraku

What a load of bull....
He is being charged with an offence that carries a maximum sentence of a $750 fine..
No jail time...Even the ABC Radio here in Australia is laughing about it..
Why the hell interpol got involved for such a minor crime is criminal in itself...

And Julian has been trying to speak with the Swedish procecutor since August..
It's all a joke.....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm predicting Assange will commit "suicide" within the next couple of weeks.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Or there will be an unfortunate "hunting accident"...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I'm predicting Assange will commit "suicide" within the next couple of weeks.

I don't..Wikileaks would not suffer infact would only get bigger if that happened..
Millions would see it for what it is..

I'd say TPTB would actually take a bullet for Julian to keep him safe..
They don't want a martyr...

I just had this vision of someone taking a shot at Julian and Hilary Clinton jumping in front to protect him..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well look at this way. We have been hearing this all week and nothing sofar..

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
He'll not last a week i say (bets are opened) They're all pissed off from right to left even if what's been released is not really "above top secret" intel.It's a matter of principle for these fishes. Now i'm waiting for the banks leaks and if this ever happen guy is done for good (but he would have earned my sincere respect at least).

Time to go havoc big A.

edit on 5-12-2010 by themaster1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I very much doubt that any move will be made against Assange until such time as the Insurance file has been broken open and the powers that be have a plan in place to deal with any fallout from it.
Until then he is safe, they won't risk making their move until they know exactly what they are facing.
This file has already been distributed to more than 100, 000 people, all they need is the key.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
I just had this vision of someone taking a shot at Julian and Hilary Clinton jumping in front to protect him..

Omg lmao thanks for that lol! Can't get it out of my head now. lmao We need a cartoonist!!! lmao

<<   2 >>

join