It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the Universe affect Human Emotion so much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Evening ATS.

Everytime and anytime i watch a documentry on space, the galaxy, the universe it affects me, when i see photos of other galaxies, the stars, nebulas and the such it affects me to the point of wanting to cry.

It is so beutifull and mind boggling.

Why does it affect Human Beings in this way? Why do we look to the stars and feel a sense of "Wow" is the only way i can put it.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I agree with you there! if only everyone was that inspired by such seemingly inanimate things, maybe there wouldnt be so much hatred between poeple

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i feel the same, i think it makes you realise how small we are and that we dont have a clue who or what we are. whenever i try to think about it my brain freezes up. i get the feeling of "wow" and also a feeling of "why".

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

We go through life creating our own personal perspective of reality ('persona' if you will) only to find out that such a thing is only an illusion. When we try to "perceive" the reality of the entire Universe this becomes apparent and we are left with that "Wow" feeling. Or at least this is my opinion.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
From what I understand it is a "starseed" placed deep within us, that when we view such things it activates the sense of awe, of connectedness and is an evolutionary (or engineered) way to help us leave the womb of the earth and birth out into the stars, into the universe. Once massive amounts of humanity begin leaving the earth and experiencing this, it will ultimately help unite much of our species, together, in a common goal.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The following—which was quoted by Samael Aun Weor in his book Igneous Rose—is from page 294 of H.P. Blavatsky's The Secret Doctrine:

Let us compare with the commentary just cited the words of Hermes, the “thrice great”: —

“The creation of Life by the Sun is as continuous as his light; nothing arrests or limits it. Around him, like an army of Satellites, are innumerable choirs of genii. These dwell in the neighbourhood of the Immortals, and thence watch over human things. They fulfil the will of the gods (Karma) by means of storms, tempests, transitions of fire and earthquakes; likewise by famines and wars, for the punishment of impiety. . . . It is the sun who preserves and nourishes all creatures; and even as the Ideal World which environs the sensible world fills this last with the plenitude and universal variety of forms, so also the Sun, enfolding all in his light, accomplishes everywhere the birth and development of creatures.” . . . “Under his orders is the choir of Genii, or rather the choirs, for there are many and diverse, and their number corresponds to that of the stars. Every star has its genii, good and evil by nature, or rather by their operation, for operation is the essence of the genii. . . . All these Genii preside over mundane affairs, they shake and overthrow the constitution of States and of individuals; they imprint their likeness on our Souls, they are present in our nerves, our marrow, our veins, our arteries, and our very brain-substance . . . at the moment when each of us receives life and being, he is taken in charge by the genii (Elementals) who preside over births, and who are classed beneath the astral powers (Superhuman astral Spirits.) They change perpetually, not always identically, but revolving in circles. They permeate by the body two parts of the Soul, that it may receive from each the impress of his own energy. But the reasonable part of the Soul is not subject to the genii; it is designed for the reception of (the) God, who enlightens it with a sunny ray. Those who are thus illumined are few in number, and from them the genii abstain: for neither genii nor Gods have any power in the presence of a single ray of God. But all other men, both soul and body, are directed by genii, to whom they cleave, and whose operations they affect. . . . . . The genii have then the control of mundane things and our bodies serve them as instruments. . . . .”

The above, save a few sectarian points, represents that which was a universal belief common to all nations till about a century or so back. It is still as orthodox in its broad outlines and features among pagans and Christians alike, if one excepts a handful of materialists and men of Science.

For whether one calls the genii of Hermes and his “Gods,” “Powers of Darkness” and “Angels,” as in the Greek and Latin Churches; or “Spirits of the Dead,” as in Spiritualism or, again, Bhoots and Devas, Shaitan or Djin, as they are still called in India and Mussulman countries — they are all one and the same thing — illusion. Let not this, however, be misunderstood in the sense into which the great philosophical doctrine of the Vedantists has been lately perverted by Western schools.

All that which is, emanates from the absolute, which, from this qualification alone, stands as the one and only reality — hence, everything extraneous to this Absolute, the generative and causative Element, must be an illusion, most undeniably. But this is only so from the purely metaphysical view. A man who regards himself as mentally sane, and is so regarded by his neighbours, calls the visions of an insane brother — whose hallucinations make the victim either happy or supremely wretched, as the case may be — illusions and fancies likewise. But, where is that madman for whom the hideous shadows in his deranged mind, his illusions, are not, for the time being, as actual and as real as the things which his physician or keeper may see? Everything is relative in this Universe, everything is an illusion. But the experience of any plane is an actuality for the percipient being, whose consciousness is on that plane; though the said experience, regarded from the purely metaphysical standpoint, may be conceived to have no objective reality. But it is not against metaphysicians, but against physicists and materialists that Esoteric teachings have to fight, and for these Vital Force, Light, Sound, Electricity, even to the objectively pulling force of magnetism, have no objective being, and are said to exist merely as “modes of motion,” “sensations and affections of matter.”

Neither the Occultists generally, nor the Theosophists, reject, as erroneously believed by some, the views and theories of the modern scientists, only because these views are opposed to Theosophy. The first rule of our Society is to render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s. The Theosophists, therefore, are the first to recognize the intrinsic value of science. But when its high priests resolve consciousness into a secretion from the grey matter of the brain, and everything else in nature into a mode of motion, we protest against the doctrine as being unphilosophical, self-contradictory, and simply absurd, from a scientific point of view, as much and even more than from the occult aspect of the esoteric knowledge.

edit on 5-12-2010 by Tamahu because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
What always gets me is that there is nothing between us and the stars, if we had long enough arms we could reach out and touch them.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What gets to me is that's "just" the surface appearance of the universe, or it's infrastructure. At the deeper, foundational quantum level, it's non-local and holographic, and therefore, nothing, no matter how small, is insignificant. In a blade of grass, and in the fingernail of your pinky, is contained, enfolded, a chip of the whole thing. Also, there are more neuronal interconnecttions in the human brain and nervous system, than there are molecules in the entire known universe, and apparently, the the larger universe, if the KNOWN universe were shrunk down to a sphere the size of a golf ball, be as much as an entire light year across..!

I like to say that in a seemingly infinite yet non-local holographic universe, LOCAL MATTERS!

We ought no longer think in terms of here and there, this and that, then and now, even me and you. It's all here, now. We are hardly insignificant, and may in fact represent the pinnacle of an eternally unfolding cosmic evolutionary process, whereby "the last shall be first, and the first, last." Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it!

edit on 6-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: edit

top topics

join