It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Black Water Found off of Florida's Gulf Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Anyone have a take on what this could be? I'm not very well-informed so I can't really post my take on this, but could it have something to do with a possible underwater laboratory? I'm sure I'm wrong, but I figured this might interest the rest of you, it could've been already posted, I'm not sure...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Could it be as simply as a change in the ocean temperature. Just brainstorming here but I will do some research and see what I come up with.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I thought it could be a change in temperature, but then I saw this...

"As of now, scientists do not know why the water appears black in satellite and aerial images or whether the water is harming the wildlife. They speculate that it could be due to an exotic algae bloom, an underwater fountain pushing up sediments from the ocean floor, or possibly chemical and sediment run-off from the nearby Shark River. Researchers at the Florida Marine Research Institute in St. Petersburg and the Mote Marine Research Institute in Sarasota are running tests to determine the chemical make-up of the water."

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
this is old news. real old.

i read about this years ago. apparently its nothing as nothing has happened since this was "discovered".

people made a big deal about it then but obviously nothing has changed so i dont see the big deal. its not affecting anything.

d1k

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I also read about this a couple years ago, It was said that it's some sort of fungi or moss or something along those lines thats causing the discolouration.

new topics

top topics

join