It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clearwater filter systems,,SCAM, Aussies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Gday all. I have WON a water filter, my wife says after hanging up the phone.
My alarm bells went off, oh yeah tell me about it.
We WON a water filter,we just have to buy the cartridge.
You didnt win anything its a scam,my comment made her upset.How much are the water filter cartridges?
$125.00,, i told them i would have to speak with my husband and to mail me the info.

After this a few things came to mind, like if you win a car, do you still have to purchase the engine to make it go.?
Winning a prize is a given,you should not need to purchase anything to make it complete and functional.

About 5-6 years ago when we lived in the city i got a similar call, i dont like people that call to sell or anything otherwise,obviously i hang up and continue about my business.

So we havent received anything in the mail from them so i thought i would check em out.

Clearwater filters www.clearwaterfilters.com.au... is owned by this company www.jwi.co.nz... the sales manager has quite a portfolio seems she is pulling out all the stops in sales generation she can.
The recent scam of fooling Aussies into thinking they have won a product seemed to pay off in oct for them,however they are riding a sinking ship,, check out their stocks on this graph underneath the graph is some interesting articles on how they will not pay dividends.
www.findata.co.nz...

So this post is to expose their little scam to fellow Aussies,dont fall for their YOU HAVE WON scam.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Those Aussies, they don't call it an island of prisoners for nothing. Yeah, I wouldn't fall for any kinda trick like that, surprised that anyone could, since it is soooooo obvious.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Surprisingly, only the aged and dumb-asses fall for these scams, the rest of the population is aware of it being a scam, hence why so few get caught up in the scam here in Oz.

Most of us know it has to be a scam when we didn't enter any competitions. And especially if the info is coming from an un-asked for phone call... equally as much as un-asked for emails.

join