It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Scary Game Sounds (Wild Arms {key disc} & FF7) >Listen<

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A friend and I one day were just messing around the old regular PlayStation when we happened to come across something. We put in the Wild Arms game disc, let it load up to the start screen, opened the PlayStation, removed the Wild Arms game disc and replaced with Final Fantasy 7 disc 1. It then played a sound that we could barely hear and had to turn up the volume high in order to listen to it. It works only with FF7 discs 1 and 3, and we've recorded the process and sounds for you to hear as well. We've played both games through and neither can recall this sound within either game. Is it a subliminal message or perhaps a game file meant to be put somewhere that never was. I am curious to strip the sound from the video and play around with it in some sound editing software to examine it a little further.

Can anyone confirm these sounds in either game, has anyone ever found something similar? What do you think about it after hearing it for yourself? I will supply more information as I try to find an explanation for it myself, but my time for personal studies is very limited and make take a long while.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ForestForager

I would love to try this out....with lots of different disks....if it actually works.....but to me this is just reeking of epic trolling

Especially with the lone comment on the youtube video of some dude claiming that it works on ePSX, an emulator.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

We have tried this with several other games after the discovery but nothing and gave up. We've invested time and money just to make the youtube vid and post here in hopes others will investigate further. In fact I had created a thread before this one asking if anyone could do this so I wouldn't have to re-invest. Have a PS1, FF7, and Wild Arms? The sound played from the FF7 disks is NOT in the sound tracks. Besides, it was an all time fav, played it several times through to master that game, the sounds heard are not in the game.

I don't use emulators so I can not say if it is true or not... the lone comment, is probably due to the fact I don't advertise or post on my vids everywhere I can, and that the PSOne is outdated in this day and age.

If I need to make another new video please describe to me how I should better show the truth.

I must note original thread is abandoned, and I will not invest anymore time in this then making another vid of things if I must. My current focus is on other issues unrelated to technological conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It should be easy enough to look through the files on the disc and find the audio file containing that. If I get bored later I may even get ahold of an ISO of it and look for it myself.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Please do tell if you find it... Show evidence screen shots/video if you can... even if it can be found on the game discs... why was it never put in to the game play? Why put a useless file into a product???

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForestForager
reply to post by warbird03

Please do tell if you find it... Show evidence screen shots/video if you can... even if it can be found on the game discs... why was it never put in to the game play? Why put a useless file into a product???

That actually happens all the time. Developers leave unused files on the discs for a lot of reasons (Remember the whole "Hot coffee" fiasco with San Andres?) It could be something as simple as taking that file out would break a reference somewhere else. It may have originally been a placeholder that they decided was easier to leave there after they put the correct file in place. They may have been planning to use it but never got around to it, which is the most likely cause. There's things like that left behind on almost every hard copy of games.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My guess would be the girl's scream belonged to Aeris, and this is her way of trying to reach people from beyond the grave.

top topics

join