It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a guy puts his own life on the line and saves another man's life (FOOTAGE)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
incredible video ...everyone do watch this..Applause to the ONLY person who had the effin balls to go down there and get him.

i don't know what the other people where thinking ...BY THE COMBINED POWER OF RAISING OUR ARMS WE SHALL STOP THE TRAIN!??? Yeah ryt... seriously tho, glad someone was smart enough to jump down and drag the person, even if it was delayed

edit: thanks oldcorp

edit on 5-12-2010 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

Thanks for this! S&F. Ordinary people rising to extraordinary feats for a perfect stranger - it's gotta give you hope that our species is not so F'ed up after all, that there is hope for all of us.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
MAJOR Cajones on that guy. Good for him.

edit on 12/5/2010 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It's not just a "guy", it's a cop.

These kind of things happen everywhere, but there only a few who risk their lives. Mainly because people are just shocked and can't react because of that... it's like they are paralysed.

Braveness you need!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer
how come i can't embed them :I

You're putting the entire URL into the embed command. In the future, just put in the string of numbers AFTER the "=" sign, and BEFORE the "&." (if there is an &)

In this case: ZpxqZT2rRZA is the string you're looking for.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

About time a cop gets some praise on this site...way too much bashing going on but this deed will be forgotten in another few days and back to bashing the police..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The video needs backround music:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
He gives the police a good name. What country is this in by the way?

reply to post by chrismarco

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As per normal , its the 0.0001% that keep the other half witted, physically and mentality slow alive.

He deserves a medal. The rest deserve a tazer up the rear to wake them up.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That was a very close call - I am sure the cop saw the train approaching and helped the guy anyway. It gives me hope that there are some really good people in the world!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
He gives the police a good name. What country is this in by the way?

reply to post by chrismarco

not really sure spain i guess

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Notice those two women on the platform, in the foreground? WATCH what they do as the train approaches. They both look away in horror as they are sure the man will be crushed by the train. They didn't even notice the hero jump down onto the tracks and pull him to safety.

Their body language is very telling. They couldn't bear to look at the problem at hand. Psychologically, they had decided the fate of the man was in the hands of the train, NOT THEMSELVES.

This is a very telling sociological event.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I did the same 4 years ago in NY. The difference with my case was that the train stopped about 2 feet in front of me, and it would have hit me, and the person stuck in the tracks, had not stopped.
I don't know how the guy fell in the tracks but he couldn't get up and his foot was stuck between the cracks of the tracks. Every one was standing there looking and shouting while the train was coming. I just simply jumped into the tracks while signaling the train conductor to stop.

The train conductor was kind enough to wait for me, that was the train I was taking to go home.
That was the second time I saved someone in the train.
I have saved four people from dying in my life so far.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

When i watched this video i felt extremely angry. Not at the lonely man who fell off the side onto the track or the very kind man who jumped down to help him but for the 100 others who stood there looking at him, TOO F*CKING AFRAID to help another person.

This video just shows you what a collective human existance is like. A few good people, and a lot of selfish others who have no goodness in them.

Maybe its just me but as soon as that guy fell off, if i saw it, i would have checked both directions to make sure there wasnt an immediate train coming, then i would have jumped down in a heartbeat to help him.

Why? Because I AM HUMAN and its what we should do for others....

Shame on all of you who stood there and watched that poor person without even batting an eyelid...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If this is true, you should start a thread on your experiences.

reply to post by thegrayone

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal

These kind of things happen everywhere, but there only a few who risk their lives. Mainly because people are just shocked and can't react because of that... it's like they are paralysed.

Braveness you need!

It aint about shock...stop kidding yourself...its about fear...end of story.

Those that didnt jump to help were too scared for their own lives to help save another.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'd like to be very brave and confidently claim I would do the same, but there's no way to know until it happens. However, I am absolutely positive I would hate myself after not doing anything.

By the way, don't those tracks have a high voltage third rail that powers the cars and is lethal if stepped on? Or does that only happen in the movies?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So nice to see something like this instead of the current trend- break out your cell phone camera and update your Twitter feed.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Damn, that was really close! Not a second more and that guy would have been toast.

CX

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal

Shhhh.....talk like that here will get the thread flamed and debunked before you know it.

Good on the guy for this.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join