It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian firefighters come to Israel's aid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by dontreally
I dont trust Noam Chomsky. Hes just another self hating liberal Jew.

There's no middle ground for you
If one disagrees with Israel's foreign policy they are an anti-semite, despite palestinians being semites themselves

If a jewish person disagrees then he is a self-hating jew

My friend, your mentality is your own worst enemy!

No, noam Chomskys beliefs in general make him a self hating Jew, in that they conflict with Judaism.

Disagreeing with Israels government is fine, and i am completely in agreement with that.

Saying that the palestinians did this out of a sense of 'brotherly love' is naive, and ignorant of the political reality they live in. That has been my point throughout this thread, and you have yet as the OP to address that.

I get 'thinking positively' is good, but it has to be understood in the context of real life, and how people really are. The palestinian government fills its TV, newspapers, news programs, Kids shows, soap operas, etc, with anti-israeli propaganda. How do yuo think the people are going to react to this? Do you think any Palestinian, growing up in palestinian, is going to have any emotional feeling but a hatred for Israel and Jews? Whether you like it or not, this is a reality, and a fact. There isnt freedom of thought in palestine. Theres no awareness of their governments tactics. Theres just an overwhelming concensus that Israel is Evil, they are oppressors, and they have to be destroyed. This is what the media teaches, and this is what palestinians believe.

Its irresponsible to view this gesture on their part without considering the mentality they already have. In addition to that, these firemen didnt act without authority from up above, in the Hamas government. This is simply political. Thats all i have said. It was a political manuevre.

To ignore that is to play into their intentions. They WANT people in the west to perceive this the way you have. If anything, theyre mocking the stupidity and gullibility of westerners who they know view the world with the simplicity of children. As if lying isnt used to achieve a certain end. Yes. Thats politics for you. Its a dirty, evil game. Thats why the religious in Israel generally want nothing to do with politics. Its dirty, and it corrupts. It corrupts just because it forces you to say things which you wish you didnt have to say. Also, its incredibly confrontational. Why wants to argue with people? I dont.. Its exhasuting, and frustrating.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

You are full of the most stinking crap.

In your previous post you said anyone can convert and become a Jew .... oh really I thought Jew was a race. How the hell can anyone change race ?

Lets say Jew is a race, the problem now is most of the 'Jew' immigrants to Israel don't look like the Jew race, otherwise they would look exactly like the Palestinians.

If only those Jews were in Palestine there wouldn't be any problem. Where all these other bastards came from Christ knows.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

No, noam Chomskys beliefs in general make him a self hating Jew, in that they conflict with Judaism.

Says you?
I don't think he hates himself, and that accusation is as cliche as it gets.

Saying that the palestinians did this out of a sense of 'brotherly love' is naive, and ignorant of the political reality they live in. That has been my point throughout this thread, and you have yet as the OP to address that.

You cannot speak for others, you are not a mind reader.

The palestinian government fills its TV, newspapers, news programs, Kids shows, soap operas, etc, with anti-israeli propaganda. How do yuo think the people are going to react to this? Do you think any Palestinian, growing up in palestinian, is going to have any emotional feeling but a hatred for Israel and Jews?

American media fills it's airwaves with anti-Iranian propoganda too
But many, even here on ATS, are not falling for it
Secondly, being informed and being filled with hate are two different things as well.

Whether you like it or not, this is a reality, and a fact. There isnt freedom of thought in palestine. Theres no awareness of their governments tactics. Theres just an overwhelming concensus that Israel is Evil, they are oppressors, and they have to be destroyed. This is what the media teaches, and this is what palestinians believe.

I don't know if you know this, but what Israel is doing is evil
Having a blockade on Palestine is an act of war
I assume you are new to politics

Its irresponsible to view this gesture on their part without considering the mentality they already have.

Here's a new word for you
It's called Individualism
You cannot group a bunch of people into a category that YOU define and throw everyone in that region in that bucket.
That's what Hitler did.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Firefighter have always and will always be, to me, the bravest most caring people in the world. The situations they enter are perfect for building the kind of characteristics that a solid human being should cultivate.

Of course a ppl wo believe they are chosen will look at this as a sign that their enemies will bow to them, and in effect are already. lol no antisemitism but cmon its a strong possibility this will be received as such. this sense of entitlement from "God" is what keeps peace from happening.

A good God a just God would want his chosen people to respect and nurture "their" world and respect ALL of his creations. This very same God would want his chosen ppl to fight for what is right not their selfish best interest. Chose- to be Godly and forgive and let live.

But I know it is the manipulations of "their" leaders religios and not who encourage this sense of entitlement. I hope that WE can figure this all out together one day. Gentile a devil does not make.

reply to post by ModernAcademia

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Palestinian fire fighters are very experienced at putting out those nasty phosphorous bombs that the Israeli's lob at their citizens. So a wildfire, is nothing to them.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I am an Israel supporter and although of course disagree with a large percentage of the anti-Israel/Jew comments, I do not think Israel is in the place to question the motives of the firefighters from West Bank. The fact is, they are not openly suspicious of any hidden intent that may be behind the action even if they have the reservations. The fact is, these questions of trust will always be raised on both sides if they finally do work out an agreement, and to a certain extent there are areas where officials are already working together. The divide between the extreme elements of each group represented by their politicians and supporters are often not manifested on the ground when the regular people look each other in the eye trying to accomplish a common task for the welfare of all. Now I certainly disagree with the larger Palestinian approach towards peace, and am critical of the ultra-right israeli sect and wish they would stop giving the world a reason to justify hostile behavior and mistrust towards israel. That being said, in this case I am glad terrorists are not blatantly gloating (i am aware of localized exceptions) and Israel was not quick to point the finger despite suspicions. That is a possitive sign despite there not being enough of them....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ask yourself this question,

How many people in the world would be sad if Israel was wiped off the map?

How many people would be happier?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is very hopeful, and proves that we are all humans, in this thing together. Seeing anyone suffer, no matter what, does eat away at the soul. It's also good to see an example of FIREFIGHTERS being FIREFIGHTERS and doing their duty, ---to save lives. No matter race, creed, ethnicity.

However, we already know that the average people of this world don't want war. We already know that the average citizen of any country really just wants to love, be loved, raise his/her family and help forge a brighter tomorrow for their children, --and to possibly know some happiness along the way in this life journey we were thrust into.

Further, we also know that for some INTANGIBLE REASON, there seems to be a title to this Earth Cinema, and that title is of a movie called: "THERE WILL BE WAR." It is a fundamental underpinning of human existence ---that THERE WILL BE WAR. The question is a resounding, "Why?" Does anyone know? Everywhere you look, peace is derailed. North Korea fires artillery into the south to "begin negotiations." People died. India and China fight over the Siachin (sp) Glacier, and have had a "private little war" there for over a decade (probably longer). India and Pakistan fight over the Kashmir region. Middle East (enough said). Drug wars in South America. Mexico (enough said). Somalia, etc. I don't believe that there has been a century that has passed, let alone a decade or even a year, where some country hasn't been trying to hurt another. The reasons don't matter. We seem WIRED FOR WAR.

Or, perhaps, the stage has been set and pieces put into play and plans set into motion to see to it that we provide an almost *entertaining* level of war. When not really fighting, what do we humans do for our own entertainment? We watch movies about war. We watch documentaries about war. We play boardgames about war. We play computer games about war. What is the essential element of EVERY STORY / PIECE OF FICTION: conflict. Man vs. Man. Man vs. Environment. Man vs. Himself. Man vs...

Conflict. Struggle. Obstacles to be surmounted, foes and villains to be vanquished. WAR. Good God Ya'll. What is it good for? --as the song goes.

That being said... the human body is at its best when it is "challenged." You don't look like a body builder unless you "challenge" your muscles by lifting weights. Lifting weights destroys muscle fibers, and then your body builds more (and newer) ones... Eventually leading to that well-toned physique. Is our human race like a body, and is war what challenges our "muscles?" Are we better for it, for WAR? Look at the advances we've made due to conflict. Sure, the cost is high, but LOOK at what has been invented in the last 100 years of conflict.

WAR brought us from balloons to heavier-than-air flight to WWII fighter planes to space age jets to traveling to other planets via robots. Did this all begin like 2001: A Space Odyssey? Some neanderthal picked up a bone, made the connection and then the wheel, measurement, agriculture...etc. until NOW, the modern age? Has killing been so woven into our species' technological advancement that we cannot live without it? OR, is some other force or organization or group *manipulating* us into war? Are they doing it for entertainment, or are they doing it out of necessity in order to prepare us for some future, unforeseen and unanticipated EVENT, or challenge, or circumstance... Are we on a time clock, and do we need to ADVANCE to a certain level by a certain time to prevent SURE DOOM?

I would, personally, like to think that all of this is for a reason. We know that humans, if unchallenged, just let themselves go. They get lazy and flabby. "Challenged" bodies get harder, more beautiful. Look at our human race as if it were a physical body. Are we in "better shape" because of conflict?

Back to the situation: it is still heartening to see people (those firefighters) being PEOPLE. Sometimes GREAT THINGS are accomplished by a simple act of kindness. May this be one of those events that leads to peace in that region.

As a haunting shadow over everything, though, is the spectre of "THERE WILL BE WAR." It is far easier to destroy than to create, and some nut or group of nuts is going to incite people again, for sure. That would ensure the continued human cinematic event of "THERE WILL BE WAR."

The best thing we can do IMHO? Don't allow yourselves to be sucked into the hype. Sure, there are many regions where things are bad, far from ideal. But we can't rise out of this by doing the SAME THINGS as before. The mold must be broken. Jews. Muslims. Christians. Bhuddists. What-have-you. Geo-political and mega-corp affiliations aside. As Yoda said: "Let go of the hate." That's what these firefighters did. They put LOVE first, love for their human brothers and sisters. THAT'S WHERE A BETTER FUTURE BEGINGS, THAT'S HOW IT BEGINS. A heartfelt salute goes out to them. We have to act out of our HOPES, not our fears. That's what they did.
edit on 6-12-2010 by GhostLancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I would love to say that this gives me hope also, but sadly it doesn't.

And the above ladies and gentleman is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth,

So help us god.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join