It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian satellites crash into Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
News Source

Three Russian satellites crashed into the Pacific Ocean on Sunday after a failed launch, media reported, in a setback to a Kremlin project designed as a rival to widely used U.S. navigation technology.

Russian news agencies reported that the satellites went off course and crashed near Hawaii after blasting off from Russia's Baikonur space centre in Kazakhstan.

Nasa successfully lands the top secret space plane the other day in a triumphant supersecret return to Earth,
followed by a few days later Russia successfully launching 3 satellites directly into the Pacific Ocean.

Of course the Russian space agency had no comment.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Add this together with "Unexplained Missile Launch Off California Coast"+"Secret Space Plane Launch"+"Shuttle Launch Keeps Getting Pushed Back" and finally "Earth Quarantine Soon to be Lifted" and it starts to make some kind of half-baked sense. What could it all mean, besides "It's Almost Time"? Well... Something's going on with this stuff.

Next explanation please.
Or perhaps I'm on to something? Maybe.

edit on 12/5/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: caboose

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

So...now Russia will never get DirectTV in The Kremlin?

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

"Earth Quarantine Soon to be Lifted"

Elaborate on this one, please... this is a new one on me!

Also, to show my dedication to conspiracy-minded thought processing, how do we KNOW those Russian 'satellites' didn't end up exactly where they were intended? Perhaps the ocean floor of the Pacific is a great locale for gathering intel...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Earth's Quarantine About To Be Lifted?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Gab1159
started on 12/2/2010 @ 10:19 PM

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Hey, I wasn't trying to derail your thread or mock you in any way. My theories are out there, but they are serious. I try to "think outside the box" as it were. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Actually I believe the satellites were the last 3 to join a bunch of other already in orbit to form the Russion equivanalent to our GPS systems in the United States. The plan has been in effect sonce 1976, I guess its going to just take a little bit longer.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Perhaps the Cloverfield monster will be released now?
(If you've only seen the film, you need to read the online viral content to if you want to 'get' the joke)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

a joke with some assembly required, nice...................

TY fo sharing OP, yet another tidbit to put in the "nice undercover war we're having" conspiricay bag

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry this will clarify my joke:

"JJ stated himself that the monster has been down at the bottom of the ocean for thousands of years. What fell into the ocean at the end of the movie was a satelitte. If you pay attention to the viral marketing, Taragutu's site states that one of their satelittes fell out of orbit and was lost. This is what woke up the monster from its dormant state."
www.bloody-disgusting.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Well if we have any tradegy in the next few days involving the Cloverfield monster, you can definetly come back to us with a big I told you so!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

MOSCOW, Dec. 29, 2010 (Reuters) — President Dmitry Medvedev fired two senior Russian space officials Wednesday over the loss of three navigation satellites that crashed into the sea this month.

www.newsdaily.com...

The program is now $160 million and six months back from their already late schedule.

It's interesting that they have taken so long to get GLONASS up and running. The question still remains though, incompetence or interference?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whatisanameanyway

probably encountered issues due to all their space junk flying around!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Mr.Putin will not be pleased at the lack of adult PPV channels.

Just kidding. In all fairness, not every launch can be a success.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well well well

Im not suprised in the slightest

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The largest rocket ever launched from the west coast of the USA blasted off from California's Vandenberg Air Force Base on Jan. 20th at 1:10 pm PST. "The 23 story-high Delta IV Heavy rocket used three boosters, which produced more than two millions pounds of thrust to carry its payload into orbit," says photographer Anthony Galvan III, who recorded the launch on Figueroa Mountain some 40 miles from the Air Force base.

The massive rocket's "spooky" payload was a top-secret spy satellite belonging to the US National Reconaissance Office. Any doubts about the covert nature of the mission were dispelled 10 minutes after liftoff when the rocket's live feed went deliberately black. Only a twisting contrail in the blue Pacific sky reminded onlookers that, yes, it really happened.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLantern101

The largest rocket ever launched from the west coast of the USA blasted off from California's Vandenberg Air Force Base on Jan. 20th at 1:10 pm PST. "The 23 story-high Delta IV Heavy rocket used three boosters, which produced more than two millions pounds of thrust to carry its payload into orbit," says photographer Anthony Galvan III, who recorded the launch on Figueroa Mountain some 40 miles from the Air Force base.

The massive rocket's "spooky" payload was a top-secret spy satellite belonging to the US National Reconaissance Office. Any doubts about the covert nature of the mission were dispelled 10 minutes after liftoff when the rocket's live feed went deliberately black. Only a twisting contrail in the blue Pacific sky reminded onlookers that, yes, it really happened.

Yes you are correct GL.
In fact you can see my thread on the launch here:
ats thread

Complete with screencaps from the webcast (took forever to grab and crop those uguh) and a youtube video of the launch as well.

Ironic though to bring this thread back up again, I had forgotten all about it!
Been working on the launch one for the past three days.

top topics

join