It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help needed explaining somthing about me.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thanks for the thoughtful posts. I keep hearing the phrase in my head "ask and you shall receive". This is great.

thefamiliar, I am concious that some of this discussion may be coming across as being about you "in the third person"; instead of with you directly, but its done with the hope you are listening in and will let us know what you think, or if anyone seems to be on the right track.

It is my impression that the people tuning in now have an extensive history of study and research and a genuine interest in your situation. I am hopeful this will bear fruit somewhere along the way.

How are you doing?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thefamiliar has told us that he has spells where he is so focused on dealing with his lion-headed being he isn't able to respond to whats happening around him. It is possible this is happening now.

As far as biblical metaphors go, I've been thinking about the parable of Jacob being unable to cross the river and return home until he wrestles with the guardian on the banks and gains its blessing.

People don't usually interpret biblical parables in terms of shamanic journeying, but crossing the river is a fairly common metaphor for crossing back and forth from RASC's to ordinary states.

I will keep checking in.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by annwn

I can imagine feeling extremely vulnerable, having putting everything out there the way thefamiliar has. He is a brave soul in spite of the assured annonymity the internet provides. I hope he realizes tho that this is a learning experience for all of us.

Whether you are just hibernating or really focused on the guy in your head, I hope you get back to us thefamiliar with an update or some feedback.
cheers, wayno

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I am still here Wayno!

A great deal of useful information has come to me from this thread, At the moment I am unable to look at it in the way I would like to. I will hopefully get back to this when I am in a better position to do so.

Thank you all

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thefamiliar

Beleive it or not I have seen something like this before. To get more clairity can you answer some questions?

1 About how old are you?
2 What part of the country do you live?
3 How long do your episodes last?
4 When was the last meaningful relationship?
5 Why did it end?
6 Do you travel much?

By answering these questions I think I can point you in a direction that should alleviate your problem.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefamiliar
reply to post by wayno

I am still here Wayno!

A great deal of useful information has come to me from this thread, At the moment I am unable to look at it in the way I would like to. I will hopefully get back to this when I am in a better position to do so.

Thank you all

no problem

you do have a way with words

see you on the flipside ...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Maybe you have Bipolar I Disorder, with Psychotic Features...

Or maybe you just need a good laxative.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

You are correct in your first assumption yes, Type 1 Bo polar is something that has been suggested to me, As I we have discussed in this thread there is speculation as to the validity of conventional medical diagnosis.

I will personally choose to ignore your second diognosis if thats ok with you?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a laxative might be helpful. i have found that, at least for myself, when I start to feel sad, blue or just out of sorts, I can knock back 2 tablespoons of metamucil in a 10 ounce glass of water before bed, have a massive dump about 0800 the next morning, and I really feel better.

the systems of the body are interconnected, you know.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I am glad to hear that you are finding the info useful.
I am wishing you well.
I'll check in on this thread now and again

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

If you are insistent on trying to make a joke out of this then fine but for your own sense of self respect could you elevate your comments above toilet humour please?

I will not ask you again as although I and I imagine others dont mind it does make you apear somewhat immature.

If on the extreme chance you are serious then I appologise. I stated very early on that I was interested in exploring all avenues in regard to this but bowel movements are very unlikely to cause my symptoms.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Flipside Eh?

A very astute assumption given the circumstances.

I started having a few problems which came as a bit of a suprise to me as I tend to have bigger gaps between episodes so this has taken me aback somewhat.

If anyone is interested I would like to continue this but will admit that at the moment I am not one hundred percent in control of myself and if any offence is given or if I seem in any way irrational then I apologise in advance.

for anyone that may be concerned I am currently staying with a good friend at the moment, they are aware that I have problems and I intend to discuss them later so I am in no danger.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Strange as it sounds there is evidence that long distance running can help people with chemically induced mental issues.

I remember watching a documentary about it years ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Do you remember why?

Was there some kind of chemical released?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'll be glad to keep on communicating with you.

It is usually endorphins, runner's high, that kick in with exertion.

In your case, I'd say be moderate.

Lack of sleep and physical exhaustion can facilitate RASC's

I am glad you have a friend to stay with.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It occurs to me that we have a serious lack of contemporary role models for men whose work it is to guard and maintain the sanctity of life. So I thought I'd put this out as food for thought.

"The Guardian of the Holy Grail in the legends of King Arthur and the Round Table is the Fisher King. He is also known as the Lord of the Sea and as the Guardian of the Hallows. The English word heal is related to the same root as the English word Hallows. The Old English (Saxon?) word helig means both to make whole or heal and to make holy or sacred. The Hallows are not only the sacred objects used in ritual, and the sacred places where those rituals are held, but includes those men who hold the sites and objects sacred. "

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I am not one hundred percent in control of myself and if any offence is given or if I seem in any way irrational then I apologise in advance.

I had a feeling that you might be in the midst of a challenge. For what it is worth, I would say that you are in good company here for the most part, and some have shown a non judgemental acceptance of you with full knowledge of there being "two sides". Nothing you say could actually hurt anyone here.

We've been impressed with your ability to talk about this in a calm, intellectual way. Because of this, speaking for myself, I would hope that I would not over react to that less rational side if it insisted on speaking up. Not to appear too cold, but it also might give us further insights.

Of course I understand there is a risk that any fool could also read your posts and react to them without any understanding or compassion. Then again, there could be those who do relate because they've shared similar experiences. It could go either way, or both.

Anyway, be well and take time to do what you need to do. Glad you're with friends. Get back to us when you are ready. I am not particularly religious, but here's good wishes for a Happy Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

well said Wayno!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Looks like thefamiliar is becoming thestranger ...

ooooh .. me bad

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A stranger in a strange land... My hope is that he has enough information to start being able to cope with his situation... I did dump an awful lot of information out very quickly especially if he started in on reading any of the books.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join