It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 15
60
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
the US Supreme Court ruled that "only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government."




posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
At this point, taking out Assange other than through a meticulously arranged legal proceeding (and probably not even that) will only end up radically expanding the network. Since the attacks started, this morning there were 250 new mirror sites reported. By this afternoon, 500. Give it until tomorrow or Wednesday night , and we'll see a thousand.

The insurance file is totally separate from the remaining 1.9 million documents coming in this series of releases. Insurance file is at 1.3 Gb - which is more than the total amount released in 2010, so far. The next round apparently concerns banks and private enterprises - and there's a load more behind that. Everyone's still picking through the first 1,000 books worth of documents; 1.9 million documents equates to 9,000 more. Give it a little while - the missile shield for Poland is not an insignificant little issue.

Anyways - Assange is playing a tight game to still be alive and now - in a position where any government assassinating him will do far more harm to themselves than probably anything in the wikileaks entire collection.

Thing is, people have been waiting for someone to stand up to the big boys and kick them in the nuts. It's not so much that Assange did it, but showed that it could be done. Next thing is that TPTB will have to take down the 500 mirror sites - then the 5,000 more taking them down spawns. After that, it comes down to practically shutting down the web - which will be like shutting down a large portion of the world economy - and an even more massive portion of world communication.

Take it from there...



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vilkata
I don't think his long term intention is to keep the insurance file out of the public's hands.


Really? Because I think if that was the singular purpose, he would have dumped them all at once to every media outlet as well as online.

But yeah, it's laughable that people are so "outraged" at this but not at nine years of lies or trillions squandered to line the pockets of the elite.

Who has Assange killed? No one. Even if the information results in 10 or even 100 deaths, it will be of people who knew the consequences when they signed up or took certain actions. Not innocent civilans in nine years of a war based on false prestense.

Regardless if Assange is the real deal or some sort of agent, phony outrage is phony. That people are focused on the circus asurrounding the alleged criminality of the leak and not the actual embarassing diplomatic conduct or the arrogant abuse of public trust is just straight up dystopian.
edit on 6/12/2010 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson
 


Um, why not just release it now...isnt that the point?



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack


Regardless if Assange is the real deal or some sort of agent, phony outrage is phony. That people are focused on the circus asurrounding the alleged criminality of the leak and not the actual embarassing diplomatic conduct or the arrogant abuse of public trust is just straight up dystopian.
edit on 6/12/2010 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)


This is what both absolutely amazes and baffles me!!

If for no other reason, that 'dystopian' reaction confirms to me that we are soooooooooo screwed!!

Nicely summed up there



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by TedHodgson
 


Um, why not just release it now...isnt that the point?

This is like releasing air out of a balloon. Let a little out slowly and everything will be fine, release it all at once and the balloon goes wild. I'm sure you can figure out the metaphor.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020
 


Are we talking about a normal bog standard balloon which would just deflate queitly or one of those funky ones that you fill up with straws then let it go and all hell breaks lose as it knocks your mothers ornaments of the fireplace?

edit on 6/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020
 


I get that, I also realize he may be holding on to something incriminating as leverage which I suppose makes sense. But from what I have heard of so far though, the only thing the leaks have accomplished has been to affirm all the official rhetoric that comes out of washington and world leaders.

And of course some of the official "thoughts" that have been released have put diplomats and different officials in precarious situations with their peers. I hope no one gets hurt with all this. I think thats the most important part so far. The rest remains to be seen. If there are other documents with incriminating evidence with regards to outright lies perpetrated by governments then I think we will see a change of heart within the public spectrum.

I still say get it all out there if its worth it. The question is..whats worth it and what is just plain dangerous for the people responsible for the cables?



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I hope Assange will be arrested.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by zero1020
 


Are we talking about a normal bog standard balloon which would just deflate queitly or one of those funky ones that you fill up with straws then let it go and all hell breaks lose as it knocks your mothers ornaments of the fireplace?

edit on 6/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling
Something like this:



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well I don't think he saying anything wrong considering the fact that the government is itching to take him out.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by zero1020
 


I get that, I also realize he may be holding on to something incriminating as leverage which I suppose makes sense. But from what I have heard of so far though, the only thing the leaks have accomplished has been to affirm all the official rhetoric that comes out of washington and world leaders.

And of course some of the official "thoughts" that have been released have put diplomats and different officials in precarious situations with their peers. I hope no one gets hurt with all this. I think thats the most important part so far. The rest remains to be seen. If there are other documents with incriminating evidence with regards to outright lies perpetrated by governments then I think we will see a change of heart within the public spectrum.

I still say get it all out there if its worth it. The question is..whats worth it and what is just plain dangerous for the people responsible for the cables?
The government is by the people, not for the people. They deserve no secrets and no second chances. If they are doing something wrong then they should be punished. If those above them will not do it then it's people like Julian who will step up and make sure the public knows exactly what they are getting away with.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
I hope Assange will be arrested.


You may eventually get your wish. They first have to create laws to turn him into a criminal.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Dont think its going to be long before we actually see whats in these papers:


Yard receive arrest warrant for Assange






Scotland Yard has received the paperwork required to arrest WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

A fresh European Arrest Warrant has been issued by the authorities in Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning over claims of sexual assault. The move means there is no longer any legal impediment to holding Mr Assange and making him appear before City of Westminster Magistrates' Court.


uk.news.yahoo.com...

Something is a brewing me thinks...



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hello,

I have only one question regarding WIKILEAKS. Why haven't they released any government top secret documents reporting on UFOs and/or extraterrestrial life?

Comments, questions are welcomed.
Thank you.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterNeil
 


None cables are from the Top Secret category. Only Secret and Confidential.

Assange has mentioned some cables do concern UFOs. They aren't likely to be very juicy in content.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterNeil
Hello,

I have only one question regarding WIKILEAKS. Why haven't they released any government top secret documents reporting on UFOs and/or extraterrestrial life?

Comments, questions are welcomed.
Thank you.
edit:already answered
edit on 6-12-2010 by zero1020 because: already answered



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I love the disinformation of the media: "Fellow hackers...". Well, I have the insurance file and I'm not a hacker and I'm not his "fellow". I don't even know him. This is how the mainstream media drops little "bombs" without anybody knowing the difference. Lies.



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilkata
 


I would like to make clear that I do not wish harm to Assange nor would I have him behave in a fatally foolish way but if his "pill" is this powerful I would estimate that it is more valuable to the public than this one mans life/freedom. I would like to state that this is true if and only if the "pill" has information powerful enough to save his life/freedom. He says he is just the face of wikileaks, editor-in-chief. He is not solely responsible and will not take freedom of information to the grave with him. I feel that implying that he did not know the incredible risk immediately when the idea of a website that releases damaging classified information was conceived is silly.

I would like to respond to your general comment, but I speak only for myself. I do believe that Assange should do his best to be safe. I do not feel that it is appropriate in his sensational line of work to hold information hostage in an attempt to secure life/freedom. He martyred himself the moment he went public. Do you think this man has any hope for a real or normal life? I am not saying I would do differently I just feel that he seemed strong, courageous and ethical before and now I am left wanting. I believed he was strong but now I feel like he is whining about living through what hack conspiracy theorists have been making up stories about for years.

On a real and personal level I don't know if I would have the courage to "be" wikileaks. I do know that it should have been understood that when the snake was given a head, there would be many waiting to cut it off.

I pulled some information from this:Assange Responds to Reader Questions



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee
 


Or how politicians use fear labels mixed in with false patriotic mumbo jumbo to get people to believe that what they are doing is good and just. The 'with us or against us' propaganda.

A false sense of patriotism ensues. Next comes the creation of a snitch based society that helps them in the persecution of dissenting Americans. Some will cheer while others turn a blind eye.

The media is complicit in helping to achieve that goal. They are prepping the fringe.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
60
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join