It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I Believe...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

I'd like to take some time to share with you all my beliefs. I have discussed many things with some of you since I started posting here, but I have yet to have come right out and stated my beliefs. I have dropped a piece here and a piece there. I have compared and contrasted my views with others all in an effort to share and understand each other. Some have inquired what my beliefs are, hoping for a label which would summarise them into a shell they could comprehend. I have avoided such a shell because I do not believe my understanding of this existence fits into one. So, here I go. I will now speak clearly on my beliefs and YOU can put them into what ever shell you like.

God - I believe in God. I see God in everything. I see God in the movement of the planets, the wind in the trees, the scent in the air. I hear his voice within me and I believe everyone else does too. I believe in Yahweh, in Jehovah, in Allah, in Brahma and Vishnu. I believe in the great spirit and Mother earth. I believe in Zeus and Thor. In short, I believe God reveals himself to all in the way and manner that God will be understood by them. I believe all these names are the best names that the believer can attribute to that which no Man can fully understand. I believe they are all one and the same, God as revealed to a people in a way which their culture, education, and understanding would allow. I believe even the atheist has an understanding of God by demonstrating the vastness of God. Their disbelief fuels an endless pursuit to disprove that which cannot be proved thereby bringing the believer to the gifts and wonders within this Almighty creation.

Morality - I believe in one Moral to be the true moral foundation of God. That moral is to Love everyone and everything. This is not to be confused with moral relativism which sees nothing as necessarily moral except by the choice of a society. No, this is the strictest moral of conduct for it calls upon the person who holds it within his heart to be forgiving of all and true to his devotion to others. To love is to place on equal footings the desires of others with the desires of yourself. One can not claim to hold love as their principle moral yet turn a blind eye to the sufferings of others while they suffer not. One cannot claim love as their principle moral yet turn a blind eye to the oppression of others while they live free. One cannot claim love as their principle moral yet ignore that others have it not. One cannot claim to Love God, who love their Brothers and Sisters not. Love is the foundation of all religions. From love, the ancestors are worshipped in animistic faiths. From Love, Confucius found wisdom. From love, Moses crafted the Ten Commandments. From Love, the Buddha found enlightenment. From Love, Jesus Christ gave his life for others. From Love, Muhammed united a people. From love, I have found peace in these times of struggle and adversity. From love ALL wise men through the ages have deduced the golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Justice - It is my belief that the true path to justice is forgiveness. Forgiveness is the process by which the offender and the offended are both healed and further offences are prevented. The only offence is causing harm to another. Anything else considered an offence is oppression and is an offence in and of itself. Our current ideas of Justice are nothing more than Slavery for the purpose of extracting money from the populace to support our ever expanding government bureaucracy. Laws Man has created have created criminals out of free men trying to live their lives. They have turned families against each other, they have enslaved our populace in a never ending cycle of tyranny, and have caused the sweetness of life to turn bitter, only encouraging even greater offences to be committed.

Money - I believe money to be an abomination. It has no value except the value one places upon it. It is given in reward to your contribution to society and causes one to weigh his contribution as somehow greater than another's. Each and every man and woman is born into this world with differing strengths and weaknesses to contribute. These things are beyond their control. Yet, we raise some while holding others down on some incorrect idea that all could do the same thing if they wanted to. This is simply not true. Diversity is a trait of the human species and fortunately, our existence depends on this diversity. Some have the intellect and desire to learn to heal, while others invent. Some will sing while others sculpt. Some will clean, while others work the fields. All have a part to play and should have the freedom to pursue that which best suits them. If there is a job no one wants to do, then we as a species can learn how to use our technology to eliminate it. We are abusing our God given talents to dominate each other where we should be using them to assist each other. If all had access to all, all would contribute equally. We are placing value on the wrong things my Brothers and Sisters. Every human being has something to contribute. The dollar, gold, diamonds, they do not contribute but will always sit idle.

Messiah - Many of you are seeing the world around us in transition, seeing society crumble, seeing us destroy one another, seeing us destroy our planet and thinking to yourself, "Surely my messiah will come soon!" My Brothers and Sisters, your Messiah already came! They came and gave you the simple lesson to change this world. They came and inspired you to have the hope necessary to make it happen. They came and shared their wisdom that all may learn from them. Their stories are recorded in your hearts and minds. Their lessons were simply to love each other like Brothers and Sisters. Yet, instead of doing that which they told you to do, you wait for them to come again. If you want your messiah to come, make him come THROUGH YOU by doing that which they have already told YOU to do. What good is their coming again if you are not willing to do that which they have already told you to do?

End times - I believe we are at the end of a time. This is the end of the era of Nations. We cannot go on with the Nationalism of the past. We cannot go on starving our Brothers and Sisters around the world that we may grow fat. We cannot go on living a life of luxury while others live in squalor. We must come together as a world people. Our governments know this, our religious leaders know this, our financial systems know this, it is time for all to know this. Our technology is rapidly advancing to the point where the methods of the past will result in the absolute destruction of our future. There will be a New World Order. It will come by conquest or by consent. By conquest we have small group of men sitting at the top of a very narrow pyramid, the rest held under an iron grip of oppression. Can you not see the mechanisms in place for such a rule? The other will take nothing short of a miracle. This miracle is the people of the world simply saying enough is enough. Call down your governments, call down your military, call down your police forces, stand up for yourselves, stand up for each other, stand up for love, and stand up for freedom and equality for all.

I believe Mankind has a choice to make like none other in their history.

God bless you all.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If you believe World Peace is possible, or even simply desired, please help me spread the message by linking to this page in your face book wall. I have done so and am encouraging my friends and family to do the same.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Let me preface this by saying that I am glad to see you stepping out and putting your own beliefs up for review, instead of just brandishing them in small posts on other threads. I have been hoping that some of you would do something like this. Star and Flag from me for you for doing so.

God

I think that a force does exist which may be labeled God. But I do not think that the world's pantheons, and monotheistic beliefs are necessarily one-in-the-same. For instance, Zeus and Poseidon and Hades are brothers, all representing different natural, theological, and humanistic qualities. They are not all one being which has manifested itself as many-faced. Neither is Zeus one with Jesus, and they are not one with Thor and Baldr. I think the gods are what happens when we pursue the God.

I see God as a great noumenal mirror. All It does is reflect. A wise man, or a powerful man, or a righteous man finds God, this mirror, and he looks in. This man sees himself, and in himself he sees Jesus. Or another man sees himself, and in himself he sees Krishna. The gods are incomplete reflections of God. They are us, and we are them.

If we really want to find God we need to find a way to close our eyes and rush the mirror. It waits beyond, but religion and philosophy and belief are all reflections of those who have not been admitted in yet.

Morality

There is no such thing as morality. Murder is bad... unless you have murdered a man who was going to kill an innocent child in cold-blood. Stealing is bad... unless you are stealing an important component of a bomb some terrorists are constructing to bomb a school of children. Having multiple spouses is bad... only because religion tells us so now; it used to be more effective for the species to mate freely and openly as more offspring provided an edge for our species to survive. Even the Golden Rule falls short: do unto others as you would have them do unto you... what of the masochists and fetishists and suicidal or depressed? Should they do unto others as they would do unto themselves? Morality is a blinder, a self-induced delusion created to help us adjust to the entropy and chaos of our existence. No matter how you try to say that a moral law exists... it can be turned ugly very, very easily.

I know you know my stance on love from other threads we have both participated in. I do not see Love as the key to anything. I accept Love as a metaphysical force: like Will, and Thought. But even in my acceptance of metaphysical forces Love is not the greatest. All three work in conjunction with each other: Love-Will-Thought; a triangle. Give too much power to any of the three and balance is lost:

• too much Will destroys Love and corrupts Thoughts
• too much Thought decays Love and impugns Will
• too much Love blinds Thought and misleads Will

Likewise, I do not believe that Love is responsible for religious ideologies.

Jesus Loved humanity too much; His actions were entirely driven by Love. Look at how people's Thoughts have become blinded by His sacrifice (Westboro Baptists, Crusades, Inquisition, modern fundamentalism, anti-homosexual movements), and how their Will is now to dominate all, and remove other forms of Love (A.K.A. religion).

The Buddha thought too much; He corrupted Love and taught that Love, and Will were both forms of discrimination. By abolishing both Love and Will He gave full power to Thought and as such His path leads to sublimation and erasure of the body, soul, ego, and spirit. Which is fine for some, but not for everyone. It is still an unbalanced trinity.

Vedic and Indian religions focus heavily on the Will, as does Islam. They subjugate the people, declare infidelity of the non-believers, discriminate based on social status, etc. So while their is much beauty, tradition and honor to be found in a Will-religion, there is also a corruption of Love, and a discrimination in Thought/rationality.

Love—Thought—Will. The eternal balance. Not that you have to agree. I respect your beliefs, even if I disagree with them.

Justice

I believe in forgiveness. I believe in salvation. I believe in satori. None of these are justice. Justice is another one of those concepts that I find ambiguous and deceitful. Like morality. Sometimes death, by way of murder, is the appropriate response instead of forgiveness or salvation. Mass-murderers like John Wayne Gacy for example. Other times forgiveness and a helping hand towards healing are pertinent, such as petty-crimes, misdemeanors, etc. And other times still, there should be no interference from the Law and it's justice system; like with recreational drugs. What I, or you, choose to do with our bodies is not to be judged right or wrong by someone else.

So yes, the Justice system is corrupt. And yes I do believe in forgiveness, but I don't think forgiveness surpasses all other forms of "justice". I still appreciate the intent of your message and hope it wakes others up to their altruistic ability.

money

Your message here has nothing to do with money beyond the initial statement. Which I am glad of. The altruistic/communistic nature of your soliloquy here is much, much more important then the notion of dollars, yen, and euros. The potency of human potential when assisted instead of oppressed is much, much more powerful then the value of any currency. All people need to rise to their own great heights, by their own merit, in their own time. It's not about the money at all; it's about the population and it's potential.

Messiahs and the End Time

I don't really have anything to say on these two. Messiahs... that kind of falls into line with my beliefs on God and the mirror. And I don't think the End Times will ever happen. Even after we've enslaved ourselves and blown our planet to Hell... life will still go on. Maybe not human life, but life in the form of whatever life-form survives. Maybe the newly discovered arsenic life-form, maybe standard carbon-based life-forms. Whatever. Just because "our time" ends, does not mean it is the End Time. That is merely our egotistical judgment speaking.

The world spins, whether we're on it, or not. God lives on whether we're looking at It's mirror, or not.

Awesome post, IAMIAM.

~ Scribe

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don’t believe we are in the ‘end times’ though I do believe a lot of various groups and people with agendas and vested interests would like us to imagine we are in the ‘end times’.

When one looks at the world we have wrought it’s largely based on concepts of fear and debt. One person or group tries to control another through concepts of fear and debt and uses those as a preferred tool to their own ends and agenda.

End Times is all about fear that time is running out, fear and justification for doing desperate or violent or mean spirited selfish things because time is running out.

What many people are experiencing right now is fear, fear that a system designed to favor a privileged few, based on concepts of hording and might makes right, is no longer working in a way that provides them the confidence and belief in it as they once had or imagined they had, or that our ancestors had.

In fact just about every generation since the beginning of recorded history has shared similar beliefs that time is running out, that the End Times are here, that some debt incurred from infractions perceived is about to be collected and those who indulged punished.

Yet the reality is the rich who run this scam, just get richer off of it, and more powerful with each successive generation.

In fact if I had to say what a huge part of the problem is right now, the idle rich and masters of the world are just plain bored. They have stolen everything of value from the people and earth, manipulated everything to their own advantage, and they are now stuck in that position of having to figure out what to do with 6 billion people who have not only allowed them to do it, not only enabled them to do it, but still keep looking to them for guidance and direction on how to live their own lives and what they should do with them.

Time isn’t running out, in fact the universe is a wonderful, infinite and beautiful place, where one just has to realize that you can create your own destiny and reality if you will but take the responsibility for it and have such a desire.

Instead people want permission, permission from God, permission from the State, permission from their Masters, who no doubt by now are just bored to tears with the pliable and malleable mass humans have socially caused themselves to be, to gain favor with God the State or their Masters.

Yeah, this is not really working, but the truth is, it’s now up to the individual to start forging a world and a life that will work.

That’s not going to always be easy, and you really don’t get much for nothing in this world as it stands presently.

Ultimately if we fail to take responsibility and develop our own creativity then yes we will be forced into a totally homogenous mass that is easy for those privileged few who have long conned us all to manage.

The problem really is, too few of us, can withstand the affront to our pride and egos to just admit we have been conned by just a privileged few, whose privilege stems from no one every challenging the fact that they have conned us.

At least not to any real degree or number, but ultimately the only thing that is going to set us free is the truth, and being able to handle that truth and accept it, and moving on from there.

It’s going to be a bitter and painful pill for many people to swallow but believe me when I say the cure is better than the disease.

We owe no debt to God, Government, King or nation, just to ourselves, for cheating ourselves and one another of what this life and world and universe could and really should be.

Set your self free!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My belief is that 'beliefs' are in the eye of the beholder. Equating to all ones life lessons and truths that are inherent and plain to the individual expierences and reality of the viewer. To argue my specific truths with anyone else would be as fruitless as anyone else trying to discount mine. Too common here is people that are eager to try and validate there sole understanding, based on what only they know as 'truth', and have no regard for anyone elses truths and beliefs.

Having said that, I think it somewhat foolish to make a post like this. You are simply opening your self up for validation/acceptance and/or discrimination against your beliefs. Both of which have no bearing on what you have deemed as true. Let your life dictate to you what you believe as true, not some arm chair 'truth' thumper out to mold you in to there box.
edit on 5-12-2010 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Having said that, I think it somewhat foolish to make a post like this. You are simply opening your self up for validation/acceptance and/or discrimination against your beliefs. Both of which have no bearing on what you have deemed as true. Let your life dictate to you what you believe as true, not some arm chair 'truth' thumper out to mold you in to there box.

Thanks for sharing your point of view my friend. I posted this thread for two reasons. One, because I have been asked what my views are on these topics, and two, because others may read them and find they clarify what they too believe, but have not found the words to express.

Some will disagree, and that is fine. That is the beauty of diversity.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have to say, i agree with a lot of what you believe in.
The main one for me is how we still allow people to live in squalor.
I think every one of us deep down knows that this shouldn`t be happening and that we know it could come to an end.
Just how we go about it is the problem.
If we can`t stand up to our governments for our own rights and freedom, as we are witnessing in America.
How are we going to stand up for the equality of the people who are suffering so greatly in these other countries ?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
If we can`t stand up to our governments for our own rights and freedom, as we are witnessing in America.

My friend,

We CAN stand up. The question is, are you willing to stand up.

The worse that can happen is you get knocked down. Then you stand again, and again, and again.

Do that which you WILL to do.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You lost me at 'God - I Believe in God'

Each to their own & I respect everyone has the devine right to believe in what they choose. Being an athiest I found it quite difficult to want to read any further. Power to you though for putting your beliefs down for everyone to read, for that I commend you, but please forgive me if you think im being ignorant, I find I have very little in common with those who have fallen for the scripture that was pulled from a number of deep hole's & pieced together by a select few in such a way they deemed fit & within it contains many contratictions, false truths & non reality's. Religion suceeds through control, fear & power.

I have one question if you would be so kind. How old do you believe the earth to be?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
I have one question if you would be so kind. How old do you believe the earth to be?

By who's calendar?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Sticking to the gregorian calander & 365 days per year

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Sticking to the gregorian calander & 365 days per year

The earth is as old as existence itself, which is beyond our current technological capabilities to calculate.

By our best technological calculations applied to the crust that is measurable, about 4.5 billion years.

However, since the crust is constantly being recycled back into the core, it is safe to deduce that these measurements only provide a limited scope of understanding.

But, this is just my belief based on currently available information. It is subject to change tomorrow should new information reveal new data to support such a change.

What has your question to do with the thread?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think it's healthy for people to discuss their beliefs, it helps to open ideas of other's minds, even when they don't agree. Discussion is never a bad thing.

I believe in ALL and Nothing.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I think it's healthy for people to discuss their beliefs, it helps to open ideas of other's minds, even when they don't agree. Discussion is never a bad thing.

I believe in ALL and Nothing.

Absolutely my friend. Discussing is a way of seeing the world through another's eyes. So long as you open your eye to their point of view while discussing.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey Brother!

I very much enjoyed your post. Your beliefs are beautiful and they encompass truth. It is my desire that all people should have this freedom and mind and feel the courage to express themselves in this way. I have a cunning plan...

I have just finished responding to a post on ATS, The person was seeking truth, for their problems had been diagnosed across many scientific and spiritual disciplines, yet they knew that they had not heard the true cause of the symptoms disrupting their lives. I am going to paste below my response, because I hope that you will be interested in this information and be willing to take part in my "peace experiment."

Hi, I think that your situation is very common, except that most people will take the first diagnosis that they are given and the placebo effect will work for them for a while.

So you are very wise to seek truth Are you aware of a statement made by Albert Einstein in which he said that "Human beings only use 10% of their minds?" I have researched and studied this in search of truth, and I am certain that I have found answers.

There are two polarised aspects to the human mind, the logical and the intuitive. The Yin and Yang, male and female. What I have come to see is that the ASSUMED reality of the Yang aspect does not allow for the EXISTANCE of the Yin aspect. So for most or all of us, the YANG aspect of our mind believes it is the WHOLE mind. Therefore there is a vital part of ourselves (YIN) that is not able to fullfil its natural function and balance our minds. The symptoms of this imbalance can been seen manifesting on different scales across the world. For example, a politician making decisions with their YANG mind believing it is whole will make choices that lead to war. A person who is at peace with themselves will experience physical dis-eases such as cancer. Another person may have mental health problems, such as schizophrenia, or be violent or abusive towards others. So many of the Earths problems are a direct result of the imbalance present within our minds. The last statistic I heard for cancer rates claimed that 1/2 people will contract some form of cancer in their lifetime.

I have written a book which contains simple and easy to implement techniques and instructions to help a person to balance their mind in a natural and painfree way. If you or anyone else would like a FREE PDF copy of my book I will gladly email it to you. However, all I ask in return is that you keep in touch with me and let me know of your progress. It is my hypothesis that as more individuals balance their minds and achieve harmony within themselves, that the world we experience will begin to reflect this harmony back to us. (It is a holographic/fractal universe after all) I indend to measure this as scientifically as possible, by comparing the dates of an individuals progress with that of world events.

So in terms of 2012 and what the ending of this calendar may signify, I wholly believe that this event marks the point where the energy levels of the world move out of severe imbalance towards harmony. I also believe that we can beat the calendar, and achieve more than the Mayan's predicted we were capable of. Therefore I really would like for as many people as possible to read my book and consider implementing the techniques to balance their mind. When we do this, we clear our mind of beliefs that were programmed into us by our environment, and we can really make up our own minds with personal truths that enhance our lives. With the mind clear of old and untrue beliefs, you can then unleash it's amazing power and achieve levels of genius in all that you put your mind and heart on. What comes next is only the beginning of real life. So far, it has just been the illusion of half the mind believing it is whole.

If you would like to read my book then please email me at [email protected]. I have only just launched this "experiment" in the last week, and so you have the opportunity to get on board at the ground level. I will be available to help and assist you online if and when you should need me, and there is a group account on facebook where participants are able to relate their experiences, network and share valubale advice and knowledge.

If you are undecided, you may find it helpful to ask yourself a few questions. Do you believe that your mind is divided?
Have you ever consciously witnessed your mind uniting and becoming one? I have, and it is an amazing experience. Living in harmony with the infinite potential of the mind to explore is even better! This is when the mind and the soul are one.

I look forward to hearing from you!

with love, peace and happiness!

Laura
xox
[email protected]

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for sharing your beliefs, I hope by opening yourself up others will also share the same. I have a question, I don't understand why you think mankind has a choice like never before in history? Can you elaborate?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for sharing your beliefs, I hope by opening yourself up others will also share the same. I have a question, I don't understand why you think mankind has a choice like never before in history? Can you elaborate?

Your most welcome my friend, and I'll gladly answer your question.

Mankind is at a point it has never met in it's entire history. Every scrap of land is claimed, governments have unheard of powers of control over their people, and we have weapons at our disposal that would make this planet uninhabitable for hundreds of years. What are we going to do with it?

Mankind has a choice to either work together for the betterment of all, sharing this world and its resources equally or continue down the path to annihilation. Old animosities need to pass away. Old methods of governing need to pass away. Freedom and equality for all must prevail. Failure to do this will result in unheard of death and destruction. These are the choices Man must make.

The evidence is all around us.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

*bows in respect*
Love, Truth and Courage be with you always...

Ah, the joy of simple Truths...

Joy...
The exhiliration in the spine...
The trembling of the chest and cheek...
The tingle of the scalp...
and the bitter-sweet tang of the tender tear-duct muscles as the most powerful emotion in sentience emerges...
...the Desire for Love...

Duality defines the Creation...
A collision of Nothing and Everything, Balanced in this Linear and Emergent Reality...
We ride the polarity waves on the event horizon of this collision...

In Order, some Love is given to Chaos, that We may emerge from the One...
This is a Truth evident in the permiation of the Parent/Child pattern throughout reality...
The purpose in this pattern is creational variety.
A Tabula Rasa with which to generate new things eternally...

Desire is the definitive catalyst of our self/mind/soul/ego through the Creation...
Love is the side of Duality that will ensure the continuance of the Creational Eternities....worlds without end...

On God...
I agree with your following quoted statement, in a "Natural Patterns" sense.

In short, I believe God reveals himself to all in the way and manner that God will be understood by them.

It is my humble opinion that to define God, or any otherwordly force to well, is to destroy our sense of free will...
Free will is very important in developing Desire/Drive. Desire is the force that actualizes our seperation/definition from the One.

On Morality...

I believe in one Moral to be the true moral foundation of God. That moral is to Love everyone and everything.

From the Parent/Child pattern we can infer, (intuitivly so), our reason and destiny as Creator Beings...
as such, we must needs be versed in the dualities and the varying aspects, which include both Love and Hate, Order and Chaos...Unity and Entropy...Obscurity and Importance...

Having said that, I would restate that Love is the one sentient concept that will ensure the continuation of all these things...
In the end, even the Balance of Creation must, in Conscious choice, lean toward the side of Love.
We must see Self and All, as One, and Love it...for it is that Eternal Love which will ensure the growth of new branches in the Tree of Life, and the Eternal worlds of variety in Creation...for ever and ever...worlds without end...

Justice, (and Money too, for that matter) is(/are) relative to those entities involved in the event, and the controle thereof.
In a cosmic sense, most carnal justice/injustices and material wealths/deprivations are but experiences...
Different hues of color, to be added to your pallet of future Creational ability.

In the end, when you face your own Creation... you will be your own Messiah...

There are no End Times... Time does not end for the consciousness of "I AM", IAMIAM...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You lost me at 'God - I Believe in God'

Each to their own & I respect everyone has the devine right to believe in what they choose. Being an athiest I found it quite difficult to want to read any further. Power to you though for putting your beliefs down for everyone to read, for that I commend you, but please forgive me if you think im being ignorant, I find I have very little in common with those who have fallen for the scripture that was pulled from a number of deep hole's & pieced together by a select few in such a way they deemed fit & within it contains many contratictions, false truths & non reality's. Religion suceeds through control, fear & power.

For some of us, God is far beyond any religion. Some of us are not so close-minded to all believe the same thing, despite aggregating it as "God." I would highly suggest being open to other viewpoints, even if you disagree with them. Its amazing what you can learn from places other than books, no? In my mind, God is the everything and the nothing (alpha and omega). A concept beyond our comprehension other than we are like fingers on a larger hand. Be careful, athiesm is in constant danger of being controlled by the very religions it is "against," and that is simply the nature of the beast. Such examples include skipping over entire heartfelt belief systems due to a preconceived notion of what "God" is to others... Personally, i am interested in hearing your beliefs, but ONLY if you have searched them for yourself. Not interested if all you can do is question others beliefs without finding your own answers (with all due respect
).

To OP, thank you for posting such things for the world. Sharing ideas will make us all more whole, as i dont feel god/universe is so limited as to have one viewpoint be correct.

All the words and ideas and outright workflows going on to figure out the bigger mysteries in life, that we are simply not capable of understanding, is a bit like swimming in quicksand, methinks.. Ive come to the personal conclusion that these things are fantastic fun, but when it comes down to it, its our very actions, or very breath, that lives as our testament and our work to the world. My ideas and thoughts on "the universe" and "god" arent relevant if i do not carry them through my every breath and step. Limited words and philosophies are simply not capable of describing what is essentially only experiential. When i say chair, i guarantee different objects show up in everyones mind, and immediately there is a communication breakdown of sorts, and yet, one where everyone sees what they are meant to see. But will we listen to what our eyes show us?

I think we need to go beyond words and simple humanistic philosophies and "dont believe others beliefs, dont believe your beliefs, dont believe belief itself." A task, to be sure. Only the true seekers can see what is already there. In my mind, i visualize it as a recovery of sorts, from sickness. Once we hit that baseline 0 we might finally be able to progress. Well see..

and hello board
It seems this is an interesting place..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here on this Earth we are surrounded with incredible distraction and illusion. I am a Christian but don't believe it makes a whole lot of sense for us to try to put words in Gods mouth. At this level it becomes a question of Consciousness and focus. What are the conditions of our Hearts? Are we truly seeking Truth? Let's remember that, as Creations of God, we have the responsibility of accepting the challange to "climb to the Heavens". I see it as vitally important that, over time, we rise above the petty and inane things of this world towards both God and our Higher Selves. This is where balance is to be found. We get locked into narrow perspectives and exclude things which might be of great importance to our own growth and understanding. It is an apparent contradiction that we need to be grounded and at the same time fly high in Spirit and Awareness. That's why I feel so strongly about the Buddist concept of "being centered". Buddism isn't a religion at all, in my mind. These precepts are what allows us to become the ultimate observer in the highly mutable world in which we find ourselves. The idea is to make good decisions not based on misperception, which originates in our own minds. I think there is so much misperception in the world because people make up their minds about things and refuse to even look at new information when it comes in. If we are totally confident in what we believe, we can look at new and different things squarely in the eye and not blink. That's why refining my consciousness is so important to me. It isn't an easy path, but it sure is interesting.
edit on 12/10/2010 by deadred because: (no reason given)

top topics

join