It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department Warns Students Against Discussing WikiLeaks on Facebook, Twitter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

you better believe ATS is working with them.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

He recommends that you DO NOT post links to these documents nor make comments on social media sites such as Facebook or through Twitter. Engaging in these activities would call into question your ability to deal with confidential information, which is part of most positions with the federal government.

(Emphasis added..)

Am I reading this correctly? Did an anonymous source, ostinsibly from within the State Department, just admit that the government has access to your entire browsing history? If so - isn't that in itself a "leak"?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Ahhh and in old english, "Thou dost protest too much, methinks." It could be part of a psyops or it could simply be they like to bitch and moan now that their dirty laundry is being aired. I tend to think psyops myself because this is all very schoolyardish, in that the information in WL is embarassing, but it certainly isn't damaging....

I agree. Has a very fishy smell to it. I keep thinking of Jay Rockefeller and the Cybersecurity Act of 2009.

The whole problem with this situation is the leaked info could be a double or even triple "blind." This of course makes matters extremely confusing, something like, "A liar who half the time lies and the other times tells the truth, tells you he's lying about the lie he told you yesterday." It's pretty hard to make out what exactly is going on. I as well keep referencing back to the Rockefella's, the Rothschilds and the Oppenheimers. Unfortunately, this has to play out until we get more intel, I have a few irons in the fire right now but I am not expecting definitive resolve, the game is too convoluted with too much disinformation traveling in the intel community as well.

I am waiting for the insurance file and the Bank of America information. It seems to me that the plan in using WL is to draw attention, focus as many minds as possible on WL so that when the BofA information comes out it can't be avoided and will give WL God-like credibility. This will show how corrupt the banking system actually is which will draw out real violence against the banks and calls for dismantling the system. Then the insurance file will come out and be decrypted which will show how many politicians were involved in the banking scam through offshore banking information possibly, using their constituents as slave labour to promote their own personal greed, avarice and agenda. Even more violence and when anarchy is about to totally hit, someone from the Rothschild group will swoop in and save the day, it may be accomplished through Bluebeam or it may be on the TV, who knows. It's pure Hegelian and so simple.

Did I tell you I predicted the 2008 crash and I told a friend on December 1st to buy as much copper as he could...LOL. BTW, don't buy gold, when Oppenheimer crashes the market by flooding it (as the IMF threatened in 1989 in SA), you'll lose everything. Just some thoughts.....

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/5.2010 by bobs_uruncle because: of spelling....paaaahhhh

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I read something earlier that is saying the same thing.
crabbyolbastard.wordpress.com...

He's warning there that discussing wikileaks could be seen as making someone unfit for infosec or security jobs.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
why can't they sue this goverment official for threatening them about using there first amendment rights. this is a clear cut case of stupidity. why is it the fault of students that they can't keep there classified documents secret.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This will make wikileaks the most talked about topic on twitter and facebook, guaranteed.

damn right it will. I'm getting on twitta right now to exercise my freedom of speech and press.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ain't the Patriot Act grand ... just imagine how fast you can end up on a watch list with your facebook account if you mention Wikileaks data.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am little confused here are you people saying that the former student does not have the right to warn his old alum that talking about leaks in a public forum may make it harder to get a job at State? This is one guys opinion. Anything posted in public on places like facebook are looked at by many employers now. The last thing you would want is new US diplomat who had made public comments about some foriegn leader ending up assigned to that country so that it could be used to embaress the US later. Now most people who want to become diplomats have the common sense to figure this out anyway without a warning from an old student.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Of course he has the right, they have no say over what the students do. They're trying to say it will go against them getting employed since employees use twitter and can spy on people. I however recommend students get together and start their own ethical businesses and support each other. Its about time we do this, and only buy from each other.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I am little confused here are you people saying that the former student does not have the right to warn his old alum that talking about leaks in a public forum may make it harder to get a job at State?...

I think the complaint here is that you may have the RIGHT freedom of speech but EXERCISING those rights puts you on the ballball list. This effectively silences any one who is young and has any brains.

The internet cuts two ways. Yes you can reach a lot more people but Corporations and the Government can use what you say to "profile you"

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
I'm curious what will be the punishment of those students whose are actually going to speak about it. Are they going to be banished or what?

They will be put on a list by the Regime's Politburo and they will be descriminated against when they look for jobs.

second

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer
Ain't the Patriot Act grand ... just imagine how fast you can end up on a watch list with your facebook account if you mention Wikileaks data.

Well, if there was unity, that would be a list of over 300million people!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skydancer

And who gave them any authorization to do this? The people of the United States surely not.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by MrSpad

Of course he has the right, they have no say over what the students do. They're trying to say it will go against them getting employed since employees use twitter and can spy on people. I however recommend students get together and start their own ethical businesses and support each other. Its about time we do this, and only buy from each other.

First "they're" are not saying anything, He, one former student, suggests if they want a job with State making comments about released diplomatic cables in a written public forum that can be used against them later by anyone including whatever nation they may be sent to may be a bad idea. As for the buying from each other and ethical buisnesses I have no idea what that has to do with people who want to work for the State Department as in the agency of the federal government that handles foreign affairs.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I believe it's a sheep test: if you're willing to speak about it, you're not a sheep. Conclusion: you can't work for the Government because you're able to take up questions. If you're not willing to speak about it because you believe everything, you're a good controlable sheep, so you can work for the Government as you're never going to question questionable orders.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

This is starting to be the joke of the year. Even the Communist states never did this sort of actions, yet in the country of "Freedom", where the First Amendment is giving the right for free speech, in that country, speaking about clear and present problems are prohibited. Right now it seems the U.S. Government is starting to present what they truly are.

mashable.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Actually, communist countries like the PRC do basically the same thing, however, fascist dictatorships like North Korea are the only ones that consistently go as far as the US when it comes to threats, warnings and actions concerning freedom of speech. The US is no loger a free country, it is a corporate oligarchy, which in simple terms according to Mussolini is Fascism. Mussolini coined the term "Corporatism" as a mixture of fascism and corporate control and it was to be the ideal society where the "elites" controlled everyone as literal slaves. Change your country's situation if you can, but there is no point bitching about it because it's here. You have to remove every one of the corporate shills in office from power, just like the rest of us have to do in every other country of the world.

Cheers - Dave
yes its here..... has been for a while. good point dave.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So, what does this say about people who work for the government?

reply to post by MrSpad

so you can work for the Government as you're never going to question questionable orders.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow,.
seems to be that it is just a matter of time that we are
told to not post or even look at ATS

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

This will make wikileaks the most talked about topic on twitter and facebook, guaranteed.

damn right it will. I'm getting on twitta right now to exercise my freedom of speech and press.

faaaaaaaaag

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What we Have Here ! is ! a Invisible Nation Wide Gag Order with the Threat of being Black Listed ! more like how a Criminal Felon are Unable to get a government Job. or Vote Something like a Black Listed Directors Producers Writers of Hollywood!! Charlie Chaplin ,

Well i can see this Happening !
Well Mr Joe Nobody it seem you have the Potential and the Ability to Work for Us
Unfortunately This Company Has also Government Contracts This means Your Unable to have Security Clearance as in your Records.. it Shows that When you were in Collage You have Looked at WikiLeaks Within the Campus of your University from the IP ID Address Your Dorm Room was Associated With and in These Records You Have Been Labeled and Blacklisted Because of it . We have No Choice but to Decline your Application ..

As i Said this Before The Patriot Act is the New Version of The McCarren Act!
AKA Internal Security Act of 1950 link= tucnak.fsv.cuni.cz... Just Replace The Word Communist with Terrorist!

More info....
Behind The Scenes:
The McCarran Internal Security Act
public.csusm.edu...

Yeah So when are we going to Dress and Look the Same ? Act the same Do the Same ! THINK the Same
Boy I There Goes Our Individual Identity ,, Now were Secured Under Watchful Eyes! Like Orwellian North Korean Censorship!

Steve Jobs Right ? of Big Brother (Internet)

The Alteration of Freedom of information & Freedom of Speech ? Is The Government going to play the Full Cyber Police ? Well I would Think that This Invisible Civilian National Gag Order Threat Will Effect The Press & News Media too if a Hard Evidence Leak Come Out .., Its About The DEGREE OF Whats CLASSIFIED
Im not sure How they can do it as The Constitution Protects Americans from a Corrupted Government
If the Insurance Files of WikiLeaks Are Just about the Dirty Deeds of The American Government (CIA NSA or Related Branches ) and not something that can Potentially Harm the American People Im Curious of what is ln the Cables or Should i say Cannons ! as we all know whats left out of the Volumed Book called a Bible !

As Ive seen so far what ATS Members been posting in this Thread
The Video Below I would say Sums it up!

New World Order Illuminati Awareness Pictures (6/12/10)

Soon we will be like this.. The Media Video Tuber Brainwashed Pig that is in the Fence
Unless We Change it..

as The Internet Source is the ONLY Unshielded Truth ! From the Controlled Media ! Garbage !
How Many of you Watch The Lied Media News & Shows ! on TV
I Know the Answer! Very Little of you !! Why Because your on this Site!!!!
Yearning Seeking The Knowledge of Truth ! Wanting to know the Dirt! the Corrupt and The Truth.. The Political The Scientific ! The Dark Secrets ... and The Ideas & Knowledge Experience of Others ! Well that why I am Here !

Your Mind is Controlled

WikiLeaks: CableGate 1/4

edit on 6-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join