It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: ‘What we need is more WikiLeaks’

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Popular Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul is no stranger to breaking with his party, but in a recent television appearance the libertarian-leaning Rep. went even further than any member of Congress in defending whistleblower website WikiLeaks.

Speaking to Fox Business host Judge Napolitano on Thursday about recent revelations at the Federal Reserve, Paul's typical candor showed through.

"What we need is more WikiLeaks about the Federal Reserve," he said. "Can you imagine what it'd be like if we had every conversation in the last 10 years with our Federal Reserve people, the Federal Reserve chairman, with all the central bankers of the world and every agreement or quid-pro-quo they have? It would be massive. People would be so outraged."

America needs a cleansing of truth. End the corruption, the warmongering, the greed. Ron Paus must scare the bejesus out of the establishment.

“In a free society we're supposed to know the truth,” Paul insisted. “In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it.

Question Authority!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'll be interested in what all the Wikileaks deniers but Ron Paul followers have to say about this.

Just a comment... I haven't decided yet on either.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

More wikileaks about the federal reserve? Why would anyone think it is odd that Ron Paul would say that? He has been after the fed reserve for years.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ron Paul is fantastic. This man has real courage. Thank you, sir.

second

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think our murdered President JFK said it right:

The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

www.americanrhetoric.com...

Deny that.

edit on 5/12/10 by masqua because: Added link and 'ex' tags

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So far, what has been released is just pure fluff. Diplomats and politicos talking trash is nothing. The first wikileaks releases with video were damning. But most people intuitively know that that is what happens in war. Now when some salesman, whatever title you want to hang on them, says something embarrassing, that somehow becomes real news?

Most of us on this site know where the problems lie. I like Ron Paul, but it almost seems like he is in on it. He helps to spoon feed little morsels of info just to keep things interesting. Notice how none of his bills are even acknowledged. Audit the fed? That would pretty much shatter the status quo in corporate America. No incumbent would allow that. They all think ahead and play inside the machine. Its a good way to retire.

Everyone is so numb to any kind of whistleblower action. The end result is that the ptb spin so effectively, nobody cares. Tons of corruption is revealed everyday, only on smaller scales. Even the big ones are hinted at. People are just too wrapped up in their own bubble. It's funny that they engineered society to become this way.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They want to spy on us? I say spy right back on them! My ex was making false reports about me to the police. I got so fed up with them taking the side of the poor lil' ol' innocent girl I bought a recordable wrist watch from this company and a few hidden cameras. Needed to say I proved my innocence in a very short time. Not only did I prove my innocence, I gained praise and respect from a number of officers in my community.

www.kjbsecurity.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The often repeated phrase of conservatives "If you have nothing to hide, why worry about surveillance and inquiry into your private life"

Now listen to the more conservative members of govt. calling Assange and wiki leaks traitors. Actually they are the traitors with their lies and corruption.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 5-12-2010 by whaaa because: sp

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, I was just formulating a thread with the about the same premise.

Stold my thoughts, is that protected intellectual property under the Millenium act?

This has opened my eyes, and I think the eyes of alot of other people. One Republican Senator said on CNN that companies and other governments do it, as if to justify it for ourselves.

We are not a Company, we are a People. A Great Nation of many People. We do not have to lie to one another, nor hold truths from one another. We are all adult, sane (as sane as any Politician!) individuals, with the capacity to understand and make decisions.

These decisions should no longer be held in the dark. All decisions that pertain to the People, should be known by the people. We should have nothing to hide, nothing to fear. We should be equal partners in decisions of State, not turned into mushrooms.

That being said, I do not condone, nor condemn, J. Assange's actions. It just is interesting to note, the Sate Dept. has gotten kudos for their work. So this kinda turned into a good marketing event.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I'm curious as to where the Tea Party movement stands on this issue. Strangely silent....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I'll be interested in what all the Wikileaks deniers but Ron Paul followers have to say about this.

Just a comment... I haven't decided yet on either.

I would say, "Oh no, the Wikileaks dis-info psy-ops scheme even managed to flip Ron Paul?!" Oh what a sad day indeed

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I am a Ron Paul supporter, and I like the fact that WikiLeaks is exposing some truth, but I question their motives. I highly doubt that WikiLeaks is doing it because they believe in a free society and transparent government. What is their agenda?
edit on 5-12-2010 by OptimusSubprime because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Paul is just using the Wikileaks reference as another call for more transparency with the federal reserve. It is the mere sensationalism of the current Wikileaks craze that draws him to use it in this manner. He has been trying hard to pass an audit which would open the flood gates of just how corrupted the reserve has become.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul, in fact with each statement he makes he brings himself closer and closer to 'demi-god' in my eyes.

How many other US politicians are openly in favor of Wikileaks?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Not a huge Ron Paul fan, but in this case, he's 100% correct. I don't think the people realize what a huge favor Wikileaks is doing us by releasing a lot of that info...especially the upcoming banking cables!!

Isn't it ironic that so many people seem to be against Wikileaks on a site that continuously asks for "disclosure"? Well, you're getting disclosure, and imo that's a great thing!
edit on 5-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The often repeated phrase of conservatives "If you have nothing to hide, why worry about surveillance and inquiry into your private life"

That sounds exactly like me when I was a teenager or thereabouts; I know I said much the same thing around that time about other issues. Then I got older and wiser (I hope!) and now I think that for the most part, it is better to have free and open discussion. I can see keeping some things secret temporarily for security reasons, but once the issue is over, I think people have a right to know what happened.

I don't remember where I read it, but apparently none of the wikileaks documents are classified higher than 'secret', which means none of the really good 'top secret' stuff is out there.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Isn't it ironic that so many people seem to be against Wikileaks on a site that continuously asks for "disclosure"? Well, you're getting disclosure, and imo that's a great thing!
edit on 5-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Yes, isn't that curious? Also notice all the NEW members, trashing Assange and attacking him on a personal level with never a mention of the disclosed greed and corruption. Damage control?
Expect the criminals being exposed to take even more drastic measures, to keep their crimes hidden.
I expect even an assault on the www. and efforts to censor and control it.

Granted, motives of all parties need to be explored.
edit on 6-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There is a vestage of hope with politicains like Ron Paul..

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dfens
So far, what has been released is just pure fluff. Diplomats and politicos talking trash is nothing. The first wikileaks releases with video were damning. But most people intuitively know that that is what happens in war. Now when some salesman, whatever title you want to hang on them, says something embarrassing, that somehow becomes real news?

So spying on the UN is fluff and isn't important?

top topics

join