It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another threat to the Middle East: Iranian Ninjas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
As part of the latest Wikileaks document dump, this page here tells an interesting story.

a licensed martial arts coach and trainer xxxxxxxxxxxx, told Baku Iran watcher that private martial arts clubs and their managers are under intense pressure to cooperate with Iranian intelligence and Revolutionary Guard organizations, both in training members and in working as "enforcers" in repression of protests and politically motivated killings.

Now it seems that the Iranian government is trying to tap an age-old resource, martial arts, as it looks for ways to complete difficult political objectives and train Iranian forces. Their skills can be used to quell protesters among many other tasks, but they are resisting.

xxxxxxxxxxxx claimed that his club was raided and greatly restricted xxxxxxxxxxxx after he and the club manager refused to train Basij or lend them their facilities. He said that they also refused to mobilize their membership to assist in repressing local protesters xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Even though the martial arts clubs are refusing to take part, do you think this could be a plausible addition to Iranian special forces? I believe the specialized skills many martial artists possess are key to performing the tasks needed by any modern special forces member.

So now we know it's not a good idea to mess with Iran.....they got Ninja's!

Thoughts?

Source

edit on 5-12-2010 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I wonder what they're fighting style looks like.. oh wait, let me look that up

Looks pretty cool

Check this guy out...

yeah, I don't think I wanna mess with these guys, they look like they know what they're doing
As far as contracted killers, yeah, I can believe it, people would do anything for money. I sometimes wonder though, wouldn't it be easy for Wikileaks to fake an article?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ya, Iran has a pretty good martial arts system. Very talented.

And I guess wikileaks could just create any leak they wish. Question is, why would they want to?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The style looks like it was "borrowed" from Chinese Kung Fu.

I won't denigrate any style since I've studied/practiced my share and can appreciate the beauty of the forms.

At the same time, if I can get my .45ACP out faster than they can grab their staff, guess who wins?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
I wonder what they're fighting style looks like.. oh wait, let me look that up

Looks pretty cool

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Those guys dance pretty good. But dancing is not fighting.
edit on 12-6-2010 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hilarious video!

I know this may be a humorous subject, but I find it quite interesting. The Iranian government can't find someone to train their special forces, so they have to tap their "private" resources for training?

I guess that is comedy.....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
yea thats not good. US and Israel train guerilla and military forces the world over. Iran probably just need to pay better and ask nicer for the mobilization of their forces? maybe some tax breaks for their businesses ......

Special forces dont necessarily need demanding martial arts skills. They will in fact be armed with all kinds of gadgets and weapons. They should probably be more focused on defensive driving for the gaurds they put on their scientists and researchers.

top topics

join