It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please answer these 2 questions pertaining to the Devil my friends....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
1. I do music, what if I asked the Devil to make me a musical prodigy and my New Age instrumental music ended up spiritually "inspiring" millions of people.... Did Satan get the short end of the stick?

2.If one worships the Devil, why would one get " punished when he goes to hell? Would a God Father punish his hit men?

Thanks,

BMT

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
1. You get what you get its luck the if you sell your soul to the devil your just like any other person who would do anything for their dream. Which shows dedication and you get what you put in. The devil gets what he gets

2. I'm not a believer in the bible and to me hell is a place where there are no rules regulations and you do what you want. In my opinion its much better than heaven its got chaos and without chaos life is boring. I don't want to suffer in heaven and be a slave to a hypocritical god when I can be in hell serving someone who is honest with their intentions.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

2. I'm not a believer in the bible and to me hell is a place where there are no rules regulations and you do what you want. In my opinion its much better than heaven its got chaos and without chaos life is boring. I don't want to suffer in heaven and be a slave to a hypocritical god when I can be in hell serving someone who is honest with their intentions.

The whole concept of "Satan" punishing his worshipers is beyond stupid.

Satan : " Hey guys , put in evil work on Earth and when you die you will be with me, I will make you burn forever and stick a pitch fork up your ass"

Human : " Oh that sounds great boss" Will do!!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

It is. If the bible is correct I think god probably threw that in just to make his area look better. I don't think satan punishes those who serve him. Its a notion that makes me really doubt the legitimacy of the bible, I have about a 1000 more doubts in god and the bible but that is a discussion for the religious boards.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Devil as a person does not exist. It is a scam pushed by the catholic church in an effort to control the masses with fear. Do as the pope says or you will go to hell where the devil is waiting to torture your soul for eternity. It is amazing the amount of people that believe this crap! Absolute fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

1) Lucifer was a musician himself. Originally he sang and played music for God. No, he wouldn't get the short end of the deal. His judgment has already been spoken, and cannot be reversed. He knows this, and he just wants to take as many with him as he can. Your name is either in the the Book of Life or it's not. No maybes.

2) Satan is the "father of lies". why would he be honest with you and tell you that you will be tormented too, JUST LIKE HIM!!! He is an angel and the Bible says that we will judge the angels one day. So who really has the upper hand here?

Are you asking this hypothetically or are you seriously considering doing something like this?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

I have serious compassion for people like you. Deception at it's best. The greatest lie he ever brought to fruition was that he did not exist! You have never been touched by God before. If you had, you wouldn't worry about some pope over in Italy. Hell is not his invention as you suggest. It is literally a place separated from the presence of God. The Lake of Fire is where the devil and all his followers will spend eternity after the judgment. He believes in God, but he doesn't believe in you. Think about this for a minute. He was so convincing that when he rebelled against God, he managed to take 1/3 of the angels with him. How much easier would it be to manipulate us humans?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher

I have serious compassion for people like you. Deception at it's best. The greatest lie he ever brought to fruition was that he did not exist! You have never been touched by God before. If you had, you wouldn't worry about some pope over in Italy. Hell is not his invention as you suggest. It is literally a place separated from the presence of God. The Lake of Fire is where the devil and all his followers will spend eternity after the judgment. He believes in God, but he doesn't believe in you. Think about this for a minute. He was so convincing that when he rebelled against God, he managed to take 1/3 of the angels with him. How much easier would it be to manipulate us humans?

Do you ever think, if you believe what you wrote , that the Devil may get bored of " tormenting" people? After all, he's been doing the same song & dance for a lengthy period of time according to human wrote scriptures

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The Devil makes false promises and his only interest in you, is down to what you can do for him. What you can do for him is give him your soul and encourage others to do the same. In order to gain your trust he'll say anything. I dare say he comes across as one of the most polite and generous fellas you could possibly find.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher

This sounds like the plot to a video game I would've enjoyed when I was 14.

Good thing I grew out of enjoying fictional material about "spiritual warfare". I can be assured that I won't sound like a crazy person -- going around touting the will of the invisible man as my own because I am too retarded to use my own brain to define my moral standards.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
1. I do music, what if I asked the Devil to make me a musical prodigy and my New Age instrumental music ended up spiritually "inspiring" millions of people.... Did Satan get the short end of the stick?

It wouldn't work like this though. You would make a CD full of inspirational music and then it would inspire some serial killer to murder a whole town. Have you never seen the Twilight Zone?

2.If one worships the Devil, why would one get " punished when he goes to hell? Would a God Father punish his hit men?

It's called being a Sadist, there are people in everyday relationships that act like this all the time (punishing the people that love them), There are also people that look like Xiamara's avatar that do it for profit
edit on 5-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
It wouldn't work like this though. You would make a CD full of inspirational music and then it would inspire some serial killer to murder a whole town. Have you never seen the Twilight Zone?

Yes, yes. remember when the Christians blamed Marilyn Manson for the Columbine shootings? Because the kids who were picked on by the holy Christian youth were demonic, they listened to Marilyn Manson, and that's why they shot all the kids in the school that picked on them. Marilyn Manson. Nothing to do with their self-righteous youth that they brainwashed into thinking that they are better than everyone who liked Marilyn Manson because he is of the Devil and the Devil is bad.

Their militant religious moral standards killed their children. And they blamed Marilyn Manson. I personally think not only were they just pissed because Marilyn Manson actively opposes Christianity and he has an IQ of 187 to back it up, but they needed to transfer the blame onto someone easy because they already have the "freak" label. Better not take responsibility for our actions when they kill our children. Surely it's the music industry's fault.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I was trying to point out that traditional deals with the Devil always have an Ironic twist that means the deal you make with him always has the opposite effect to the one that you intended.
It was a theme of many of the early Twilight Zone episodes

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Ah, I see

Not unlike the movie Bedazzled.

(Terrible movie)

new topics

top topics

join