It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunked: "Julian Assange is a Traitor (U.S.)"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Debunked: "Julian Assange is a Traitor (U.S.)"

wlcentral.org

The Falsehood:

Wikileaks' release of 250K diplomatic cables constitutes an act of treason against the United States, and renders Julian Assange and other Wikileaks staffers liable to charges punishable by capital punishment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

HAHAHAHAHA

Most hilarious.

Emmanuel Goldstein is enemy number one and anyone who reads his book "The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism" is not in line with the party. Seriously, how long before the US implements Two Minute Hate policies every single day? Oh wait, that's called the mainstream media.

It's statements like these that define the parallels between our world and Orwell's prediction of society. I've read what Washington and Jefferson and Franklin had to say about liberty and the modern US state is far from what they envisioned.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

No they generaly publish info on a priorty list.. They have publsihed many things from many countreis...

kx

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
reply to post by Siddharta

So Assange admits he edited and named the video, do you think that's biased?

Editing and naming is not biased per se. In the news you usually only get summeries, which are interpreted by the reporters. Wikileaks published a longer, unedited version. It still shows the same crime.
You have the possibility to compare both versions.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by ommadawn

Please spend the time to go and watch a few of his interviews on utube, there plenty up there. Then come back and tell me if you are of the same opinion

I did better than that and watched his TED interview.
The one where his mobile phone goes off on stage and he cusses on-mic.
I am of the same opinion, since I saw that video before writing the above comment.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Here is a relative video with a good conversation regarding Julian's level of responsibility as well as the press. Also the justification for the govmnt's attempted control over the release of more documents is discussed.

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

"To a point I mostly agree with you ...BUT..the fact remains, if you are in a position that gives you access to sensitive and top secret information, you don't have the right to dnld it and give it to a third party for it's publication to anyone else because you have a beef with the PTB in your job. "

Actually.. although I'm not sure there is a specific "right" written on paper, but.. there was a time "just following orders" wasn't considered a valid defense. The US Govt standard towards the Nazis was.. IF a "moral choice" was available.. they had an obligation to not follow orders that were morally abhorrent and or obviously illegal / war crimes. See Nuremberg Defense.

I'd say that if some young military "analyst" troop comes across real scandalous smoking gun poop that exposes epic humanity insulting crimes committed in the name of the USA.. they have "duty" to expose domestic enemies via any means available... and consider any "order" to conceal such info as "illegal".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join