It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunked: "Julian Assange is a Traitor (U.S.)"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

So you're saying security is lax in the US?

Then what is it northern-Europe? And why aren't we run down with suicide bomber and runaway jets most days?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I would argue there are two separate issues here. First is the release of the cables in the first place. There is not much wiggle room on this regardless of what the PFC felt was the right thing to do. It was a violation.

Second is what happened once the cables were out in circulation. At this point, the horse is out of the barn. Period. Your average world citizen is under no restriction to not read/distribute whatever they find. The classification exists in the first place because that fact exists. One may feel it is a good thing or a bad thing but it is meaningless.

Have you read any of these cables? I am not sure if the folks who wrote some of these deserve defending. The apparent lack of concern for American citizens, our welfare, or the ideals of the Constitution are blatantly disregarded. Now I am supposed to blindly tote water for those who do not give s*** about me on mine?

This is not an attack against the Constitution or our way of life. It is an attack on those who left the Constitution and our way of life in the trash long ago.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Assange's parents ran a touring theatre company. In 1979, his mother, Christine,[17] remarried; her new husband was a musician who belonged to a controversial New Age group led by Anne Hamilton-Byrne.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hamilton-Byrne had ordered the children's hair be dyed peroxide blonde and they be dressed in identical outfits.

It was also alleged they had been half-starved, beaten and forced to take large quantities of tranquilisers to "calm them down" and even fed '___' when they became adults.

www.rickross.com...

smacks of MK Ultra.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Danbones because: fixed quote

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Having worked in DC for a few years, I have to agree that most of the upper crust/stuffed shirts in the diplomatic core need a few lessons in manners other than on the Drinks and Rubber Chicken circuit. Reading these cables once out in the real world is another matter, like you said, but publishing them is also not a very bright idea no matter what your motives are. In Assanges case, I still believe he has an ulterior motive that's not just to tell the world his so called truth. Anarchists do nothing to further any ones peace of mind. They are muckrakers who only destroy any semblance of order. In this world we live in... it's NOT a very smart move. No one benefits!
Zindo

Oh, and yes, I have read as many of the cables as i can find on the web. It still doesn't make it right to do!
edit on 12/5/2010 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I agree 100% friend...S&Fs
Whenever true Americans hero's (i.e. Soldier Ethan McCord, Daniel Elsberg, anf PFC Manning) work to save us from Henry Kissinger, Nixon, Ford, Bush Sr., Oliver North, Hillary Clinton, and Obama traitors and criminals...
It brings a tear to my eyes...great men indeed...
Google "most dangerous man in America" and YT.
This is what they don't want to know.
Too bad schills!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
of course he is a 'traitor' to this criminal ZOG.

how DARE he tell the truth!

i was watching them interview the Arizona Cardinals Quarteback last week, Anderson, who was smiling on the sidelines. the media ripped him to shreds over that.

IMAGINE, if everytime Buzh or Obbbbama killed some brave american in some xionist scam war, the media demanded to know why, and berated them with ACTUAL questions.

they can do it to the QB, make him lose his temper over losing a GAME.
but Buzh, Obbbbbama, Klinton, etc can kill millions, and no one dares question their motives.

Julian is just one of those reporters, who like most of the people who can think for themselves, wonders why there are pointless wars, debts, taxes, and murders. he had the ballz to stand up to the bad guys.

so yeah, he is a 'traitor' to criminals.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by ommadawn
That's effectively blackmail to add to the list of charges then.

That list being what exactly? 2 counts of sexual molestation?

Hey if banging some Swedish chicks without a rubber is a crime, it's one I'd happy plead guilty to.

Oh No, that looks like trumpted-up charges.
Not even charges I think.

If that's the best they can come up with to reel him in then it worries me greatly.

He's just running amock here, to his own agenda, and not doing anything positive.
An ego trip.

Disturbing international relations, to what end?
What his ego thinks.

Stop living in the clouds and consider what damage he is doing and what people and the press are allowing him to do.

He is abusing everything in the name of nothing but an ego trip.

The press are falling for that and the authorities are being so politically correct they seem helpless.

Perhaps he IS performing a service here - disclosing the limitations.
But potentially at a huge cost.

His fallback position?
Blackmail and threats.

True colors I'm afraid.

If I were he, I'd realise the limitations, stop, and say
"I've made my point".

But no, he's carrying on.
He's lost self-control.

Great pity, because he HAS made a great point here.

If he stops now, he may recover some grace, but he is clearly beyond the point of getting the best value from what he is doing.

True Hackers are ultimately very honourable people.

He used to be one.
Now what is he?
Hacker, journolist or publisher?

Renogade or anarchist?

We don't know. so play it safe and haul him in.
Common sense says this guy is a very real threat to society at the moment.

Time he came in for a little talk.

The 'system' clearly does not know how to handle him, so again I say he has done some 'good' there.
Exposed flaws.

Now play the higher game.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

I agree 100% friend...S&Fs
Whenever true Americans hero's (i.e. Soldier Ethan McCord, Daniel Elsberg, anf PFC Manning) work to save us from Henry Kissinger, Nixon, Ford, Bush Sr., Oliver North, Hillary Clinton, and Obama traitors and criminals...
It brings a tear to my eyes...great men indeed...
Google "most dangerous man in America" and YT.
This is what they don't want to know.
Too bad schills!

Well said...
I couldnt have said it any better. A star to you my friend...

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All Assange has done was receive information and posted it. What makes what he did different from what Fox news, or cnn does? If Fox news received a secret document, I'm sure they wouldn't wait another second to release it (well, maybe propaganda Fox isn't the best example, but it goes for any News outlet).
edit on 5-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
All Assange has done was receive information and posted it. What makes what he did different from what Fox news, or cnn does? If Fox news received a secret document, I'm sure they wouldn't wait another second to release it (well, maybe propaganda Fox isn't the best example, but it goes for any News outlet).
edit on 5-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

Yes i agree and media outlets have released infomration before without any problems..
Why the witch hunt now...

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

Please spend the time to go and watch a few of his interviews on utube, there plenty up there. Then come back and tell me if you are of the same opinion

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You all seem to think that 'truth' comes to Assange, and he just publishes it. Well, he doesn't. He only publishes what he wants, went he wants to. And, he may editorialize if he sees fit (look up collateral damage). Sad he has so many sheep

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Collateral damage has been posted in the long version without any editing.

So what?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

So Assange admits he edited and named the video, do you think that's biased?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Can someone do me a fav and post the second link in the Article where it talks about Debunking Australian Laws regarding this matter. I get blocked out and would love to read it RIGHT NOW

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

It is more than manners these folks are bad at. They do not represent you or your interests. They do not defend the Constitution. I agree JA has ulterior motives, he has stated so, but so do the folks who are writing these cables. Just because they are on "my side" does not mean they are getting a free pass when they act in bad faith.

So now some PFC is going to the slammer. He should. He was probably a confused kid but if he was adult enough to wear the uniform, he has to play by those rules. However, I feel no remorse finding out, in fact, how little those who are supposed to be steering the ship are negligent at the wheel. Is it a crime to witness a crime? If you know something is wrong with your country, regardless of how you find out, is it patriotic to shut up? Those trying to squash the whole situation are going to hide behind laws they wrote, which do not apply to them, to continue screwing the American public and bending over the whole democratic experiment.

The next bunch of cables is supposed to be about a bank. Since the banksters own Congress, we will probably here the same drivel of "terrorism" and "bad for the market" and "hang 'em high'.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The reason your operatives are in war in the first place are due to your politicians. 1,335 americans killed in Afghanistan, 1,764 killed in Iraq, not for the American peoples' interest or in the name of peace; but for the interests of a few individuals #ing the world up for their own benefits. A true patriot would defend his country and people, NOT go overseas and kill in the name of whoever is leader of the country.

I say let the truth out, these operatives knew what they signed up for anyway, and i'm certain that they signed up to kill other people and fire their weapons, all in the guise of "patriotism". It's how they rationalise it. "Yeah I want to kill people" but their other state of mind sais "No! That might be wrong!" So then they rationalise it by saying that they have to for their country. This ain't vietnam or Russia where you are made to fight against your will. They chose this profession because they liked it.

This whole war is bull#, let the leaks out. The last meaningful war that any country took part in was WW2.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

You don't know the truth. Please don't pretend

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Traitorious to the US ????

Who bloody cares what the US government thinks anyway....bunch of criminals and hypocrites. Pathetic.

Assange is NOT American so he can not technically be a traitor.

res

edit on 5-12-2010 by resistancia because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

I never stated or pretended to know the "truth"

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join