It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunked: "Julian Assange is a Traitor (U.S.)"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by purplemer

I'm sorry, but he has also put his own government in peril and the lives of operatives in every country, including Australia. So how does that not make him a traitorous person in the eyes of the free world? Are you proud that he might cause so many problems with a world already in a precarious state of flux? Does the fact that he conspired with someone who is defiantly a traitor here in the US mean anything? He is complicit in all this, so, in fact it does make him a traitor/accomplice within the jurisdiction of our country, the US, and most likely the world. He's toast anyway. If the Russians don't dose him the Chinese probably will. Either way, it will be just fine with me!

Zindo

The argument that he has put people in peril is pure government propaganda. He has put no-one in peril, except those who have not acted within the law. How can you substantiate that statement?

3 million low level employees (civilian and military) had access to this information. If this information was SO sensitive that it would endanger people's lives, or start a war, or some other such nonsense, how come it wasn't more secure? Do you honestly think that the intelligence operatives of other countries couldn't have obtained this information if they wanted? With 3 million low level (and therefore low paid) employees having access to it, getting hold of any of this information would have been a walk in the park for any country's intel, if they wanted it. Most probaby, most of the countries in the world already had this info.

If this information is as dangerous as you suggest, the US is criminally negligent in not having made it more secure. I have worked as a translator in secure environments up to secret (secret was supervised access only) - you NEVER give 3 million people access to info which would put lives at risk. But the fact is, it wasn't considered dangerous info, therefore low level security and widespread access was attributed to it. They are simply using the tired technique of blaming the messenger to deflect from their own lack of integrity which has been exposed.

The screaming and hysteria of the US government is becoming an embarrassment in itself - given the facts about this information. They are starting to make themselves a laughing stock. And what is also becoming very clear is that they consider any kind of dissent to be a crime. THAT is what is really dangerous.

Read more: www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

edit on 5-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous73

Just heard on the "news" msm that is..that if the government tries shutting him down he will drop a "doomsday" file..if he has something that huge..I hope he dumps on it us..I could only imagine what type of info one could have that can hold back the U.S. gub'mint.

IMO that is why they are trying to ban access - because they want to arrest him or horizontalise him, but they can't do that whilst he has this over them!

Anyone who has downloaded the insurance file, it might be worth considering getting hold of some sticks, they are easy to download onto and pass around.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

"How has he put his government in peril? If the truth puts his government in peril, then his government is facing the consequence of its own actions.."

I have been looking for a way to put this for a week now. Thanks OP. The same applies to folks in harms way. Folks in harm's way are in harm's way, regardless of what the cables produce. I am glad they are out there trying to do the right thing. I am concerned about the politicians and diplomats worldwide who DO NOT give a damn about folks in harms way other than a means to their beneficial end. I may not agree with JA's anarchist's principles but the leaks are outside of that debate.

The MSM cannot be relied upon to convey the important aspects of this discussion. For the most part, they are complacent and one could argue complicit in letting TPTB stomp on democracy. The article below says it better than I can.

journals.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

The truth of the matter is our governments are deceitful pricks, and anybody at risk is a result of their failure to be honest with people like you and me.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Faiol

Killing Aassange won't stop a thing..wikileaks is not just Julianne.If he goes down the info will still go out.Good thing.

And that's the only thing that is keepin Assange and other members of staff out of harms way, not your freedom loving democracys, how hard is that to see?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

i smell a right-winged patriot.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Every time I read of another increasingly hysterical call from a U.S. government official for Julians' . I'm reminded of what happens whenever the police come to your door (or your car) and inform you that they are going to search you for whatever reason. Their stock reply to any protestation is "if you have nothing to hide, you don't have anything to worry about".

So, to all those who are screaming about the "harm" done by WL I can only say, "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about"! It feels so good when the shoe is on the other foot.

And just to clarify the supposed "rape" charges against Mr. Assange. The original complaint was one of "sexual harrassment" which in Swedish law amounts to what we would call the "stalking" of a former lover. It is important to note that NO OFFICIAL CHARGES HAVE EVER BEEN FILED! That's why the so-called "European Arrest Warrent" was never served and is defective on its face. Thus no arrest even though the U.K. government knows exactly where Julian is and has declined to move against him. The Interpol "Red Notice" was issued because they (Interpol) had been informed that a member country (in this case Sweden) was about to issue a warrent. However, since there were no formal charges, they could not issue the warrent.

The more that the governments attempt to demonize WL and Julian, the stupider they (the governments) look to the world at large.

Finally the only people likely to suffer any sort of "harm" from the latest leaks are those who are being outed as two-faced liars and scoundrels. Case in point: Hillary Clinton who, in a 6K+ word directive to our diplomatic corps, directed our Embassys abroad to gather actionable intel. on their host countries leadership - including credit card numbers and frequest flyer account numbers. In doing so, our SecState has undermined the integrity of our foreign policy to a greater extent than any other leak is likely to do.

I've got my copy of the "Insurance" file (along with many backup copies on various media) and am awaiting the release of the encryption key. Hope you all have done the same.....
edit on 5-12-2010 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
First, please read this with an open mind. I'm quite pro-US (as a country, a concept and people, if not the Government) in a lot of ways so please consider this with an objective mind.

Wikileaks knows that even if it released game-changing files while the world has its eyes and ears shut, little will come from it. So instead it needs to get the world to open its eyes and ears.

The leaks so far are not really that damaging. The majority of it is basic diplomatic gossip that most people knew or suspected anyway. The important thing is the government's reaction. Treason? Laws changing? Government employees at risk from dismissal for reading it in their own time? People calling for him to be assassinated? As far as the rest of the world can see, the US Gov. and a vocal amount of the population have just nailed their flag to the mast - and it's currently looking like a facist one.

A local radio show said earlier that (to paraphrase) "the US just needs to have a few book burnings and a swastika to go with the eagle". That might be a little harsh in my opinion but if this is the game that Wikileaks is playing, then they are winning.

The scene is set for something damaging to be released. It's going to be harder to explain things away with "Hey, we're America, we're the good guys" following the current reaction. Further, every negative reaction from other countries is generally being seen as the US putting pressure on those countries. I think Wikileaks has set up the US to be outed as a playground bully (rightly or wrongly) and it's working.

Even if the rest of the data is useless, a lot of damage has already been done.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lets face it they are going to try to hang everything but the Kennedy assasination on him, so the sheeple think he is a bad man and needs to be taken out.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Me personally, I believe this is all a set up!! Maybe because I trust no one, but I believe, in the works, the government let these papers out, in my opinion with out Julian being aware that he was a pawn. The government gave the papers to a friend of a friend of a friend who knows Julian, knowing that he owns wikileaks and knowing it would get out...for disclosure? For whatever reasons, and then TURN AROUND And use him as in escape goat. I dont think he has done anything wrong, my mother taught me as a little girl who use to write in my journal, if you DONT WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW OR FIND OUT........ DONT WRITE IT DOWN.... so... thats my opinion.

Maybe there are forces at work here, Good vs Evil . The good is trying to let out the dirty laudry so we can all start over freash... and the evil is trying to keep it supressed.... WHO KNOWS!! LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Just heard on the "news" msm that is..that if the government tries shutting him down he will drop a "doomsday" file..if he has something that huge..I hope he dumps on it us..I could only imagine what type of info one could have that can hold back the U.S. gub'mint.

I think if he had "bombshell" documents, he would have released them already.

He doesn't strike me as someone who cares about the consequences of the information he releases or whom it may affect and/or endanger.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

No i dont think he would have released his bomb shells yet. He is good at manipulating the media. At the moment he is just getting there attention. This is why WL is dripping out information. If they dumped it all together it would be hard to digest and easy to cover stuff up.
This way you will see stuff every day on the news and yes the News channels and National papers will hide some stuff, but it is much more difficult to hide a big story this way. Especialy with the internet and all...

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I have the security file on three different portable drives, one is in my bank with my old family photographs and such, there is no way this is not coming out.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

S+F

I salute you!

Very well written and so full of truth you allmost choke on it

This sums it up perfectly:

People calling for him to be assassinated? As far as the rest of the world can see, the US Gov. and a vocal amount of the population have just nailed their flag to the mast - and it's currently looking like a facist one.

Do you do writing classes?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Just exactly right. And G*d Damned proud of it!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Wikileaks Insurance File Download

Get it and put it on several portable drives if you can.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
reply to post by wcitizen

I have the security file on three different portable drives, one is in my bank with my old family photographs and such, there is no way this is not coming out.

Wow, that's impressive. Well done you. I might well do the same thing.

LOVE the avatar!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn

That's effectively blackmail to add to the list of charges then.

Actually it's simple self-defence, and defending free speech and the right for the public to be told the truth.

By the same logic, the US Government's response is clearly an attempt to intimidate.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

I think if he had "bombshell" documents, he would have released them already.

He doesn't strike me as someone who cares about the consequences of the information he releases or whom it may affect and/or endanger.

He is doing what he is doing, and putting his own life at risk, because he cares deeply.
second

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

The truth of the matter is our governments are deceitful pricks, and anybody at risk is a result of their failure to be honest with people like you and me.

To a point I mostly agree with you ...BUT..the fact remains, if you are in a position that gives you access to sensitive and top secret information, you don't have the right to dnld it and give it to a third party for it's publication to anyone else because you have a beef with the PTB in your job. That's treason and also anyone who is complicit in it's release is the same no matter where your country of birth. Our nation has been lax in it's security. Much of this problem can be lain right at the feet of one Assistant Attorney General Jamie Gorelik under Clinton:

Jamie Gorelik

Read the fourth paragraph!

After 9/11 they changed the regulation but didn't put the proper safeguards into these regs to stop what has happened. I agree that there is much incompetence involved but it still is not a reason for what is being done by Assange and the rest of wikileaks.

Zindo
edit on 12/5/2010 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join