It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunked: "Julian Assange is a Traitor (U.S.)"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Debunked: "Julian Assange is a Traitor (U.S.)"

wlcentral.org

The Falsehood:

Wikileaks' release of 250K diplomatic cables constitutes an act of treason against the United States, and renders Julian Assange and other Wikileaks staffers liable to charges punishable by capital punishment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I keep coming across refrences to Julian Assange as a criminal or a terrorist. This thread is to help clear that matter up.
Although there has been a lot of name calling there is no proof whatsoever, that this man or WL are acting with criminal intent.
Do you think for one minute that the powers that be would not have picked him up a long time ago if they had a crime on him...
This is all hot air blowing becuase at the moment its all they have.....

The truth is the claim is so clearly false as to be comical. Three simple propositions illustrate its absurdity.

' 1. A traitor is someone who is guilty of the crime of treason.
2. Treason is the crime of betraying one's own state.
3. Julian Assange is not an American citizen, but anAustralian citizen.'
(from source)

Now i am not saying the will not charge him at some time but here nothing is clear cut. Many times in the past, senstive documents have been realised to the papers and published. That is freedom of speech and never before in the USA has a medial outlet been prosocuted for that.
It is the states jobs to keep there secrets under lock and key and if people are angry at there release it is at the state you should be venting.
If you want to live in a world where WL is prosocuted for its actions. Fair play. Maybe you should move to china or somewhere like that, they already ahve the laws in place you are fighting for.
If not maybe it is time to stand up and be counted and do something about it......

wlcentral.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-12-2010 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'm sorry, but he has also put his own government in peril and the lives of operatives in every country, including Australia. So how does that not make him a traitorous person in the eyes of the free world? Are you proud that he might cause so many problems with a world already in a precarious state of flux? Does the fact that he conspired with someone who is defiantly a traitor here in the US mean anything? He is complicit in all this, so, in fact it does make him a traitor/accomplice within the jurisdiction of our country, the US, and most likely the world. He's toast anyway. If the Russians don't dose him the Chinese probably will. Either way, it will be just fine with me!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Just heard on the "news" msm that is..that if the government tries shutting him down he will drop a "doomsday" file..if he has something that huge..I hope he dumps on it us..I could only imagine what type of info one could have that can hold back the U.S. gub'mint.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

How has he put his government in peril? If the truth puts his government in peril, then his government is facing the consequence of its own actions..
In regards to putting operatives in trouble WL offered to go through the cables with the USA government...
They refused. So a body elected to serve its own citizens in this case refuses to help there own people. That to me sounds like a crime...
As for the countless problems, already existing. May that have anything to do with to illegal wars.
People have a right to know and people need to be held to account for there actions..

If national security needs to be sacraficed in the name of international security then so be it....

kx

edit on 5-12-2010 by purplemer because: typos

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

I'm sorry, but he has also put his own government in peril

How? No more than their own stupidity and corruption does. Everyone already knew they were clueless toadies to the Americans.

and the lives of operatives in every country, including Australia.

I don't see any possible way he did. The nature of the leaks has shown Australia has no diplomatic punching power, is a rock solid US ally, and is eager to engage in military adventurism with the Americans at the drop of a hat.

Did you think we hadn't already worked this out?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous73

Just heard on the "news" msm that is..that if the government tries shutting him down he will drop a "doomsday" file..if he has something that huge..I hope he dumps on it us..I could only imagine what type of info one could have that can hold back the U.S. gub'mint.

That's effectively blackmail to add to the list of charges then.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn

That list being what exactly? 2 counts of sexual molestation?

Hey if banging some Swedish chicks without a rubber is a crime, it's one I'd happy plead guilty to.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
1 - they want assange to $@ everyone
2 - they believe if they kill assange it may cause a bigger effect and more org will surface

these are my points ... we will soon know about the 1st one

if assange tries to %@ with everyone, it means that probably no one is letting them do that, they are just afraid of a growth in the movement by arrest or death of assange

lets wait, I want to see which bank is having its files released

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There needs to be a great cleansing! A cleansing of truth. Expose the corruption, the greed and warmongers.

I question those that defend secrecy and control.

Perhaps this is the Revolution we have been hoping for. A Revolution of truth and honesty to bring the powers that be accountable for their crimes. They are the traitors!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Thank you for this thread, and support on other threads

It's so easy to see that the governments are scared out of their mind of these whistleblowers.

UK police knows where Assange is and they don't want to aprehend him, why?

Because there are files that will be released no matter what happens to Assange, the insurance file that I hope everyone has downloaded and put on several external discs.

Insurance Baby!

They're not going to arrest him on those false accusations, it's just a smear campaign.
If you know a little about Sweden and it's history through the cold-war, then you know what kind of dependency relationship they have built up to the US. There's a reason Sweden is not part of NATO.

Read up on Stig Wennerström and you'll know what I mean
His biography details how Sweden as a neutral country was one of the best gates the US had/has to spying on Russia.

Keep Us Strong!
edit on 5-12-2010 by SkurkNilsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well he has already been closed down and when he was.. Did he drop a 'doomdday file'.....No. I think the file they may be refering to is his insurance file and considering he has had death theats to both him and his family i would say that was a fair defense...
Now considering the MSM has done nothing but critisise WL, select only certian types of cables to air, and worked closely with the politicians to smear the name of a man without any real evidenece. Do you really want to belief them when they say he will drop a doomsday file....

juist food for thought...

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Sorry but it is your fear that leads to your conclusions..you fear that what he says will disrupt YOUR life..well..the world id not as you realize it to be..The only thing that will change that is the truth..if it's alright with you that your government lies and manipulates the world.murders millions of people holds tyranny over many..and robs you blind..well..sorry bud you're in for a suprise.This info needs to come out..for the better of mankind..the only ones this hurts are the ones causing the world wide hurt.man up.stop crying.the only lives being put in jeopardy are those the info are exposing.If you can't handle it..go hide in the woods..maybe we'll send someone when this whole thing is over to see if you made it..but what is coming is coming.Either you'll stand and fight for your freedom or you'll cowar and side with the ones you think will win.Which is it tough guy?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Killing Aassange won't stop a thing..wikileaks is not just Julianne.If he goes down the info will still go out.Good thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

Wow!.No..that is not blackmail..he is using it to protect himself..you have an odd sense fo what is right and what is wrong..because oddly you sound like you're worried as if it will effect you..you need to go hide and zip your lip..because you are a coward. blackmail..LMAO..idgit.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn

The file they are refering too i think is the insurance file and it is just that. These people have put there lifes on the line. Assange has had death threats to both him and his family, would you not do the same in his postion...

I would

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Indeed..the file was coined by cnn..good points food for thought indeed.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Its a plesure....
and Thank you for the info i will look into.
and stars all round for everyone cas im in a good mood....

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell just tried another word than traitor, calling Julian a “high tech terrorist”.

His vision, how a democracy should react:

“And I think he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And if that becomes a problem, we need to change the law."

Video (short)

What those people say in public often is more embarrasing than the cables have been yet. Under different circumstances I would have to laugh about it. USA, quo vadis?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell just tried another word than traitor, calling Julian a “high tech terrorist”

Well if you can call someone a terrorist for speaking the truth.... The world is more bollocked than I thought...

kx

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join