It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I refuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I didn't know where else to put this. I had a few things on my mind last night and wrote them down. It sounds...a bit like a sermon.

I refuse.

I refuse to believe in god. Not because I feel that I've been wronged in some way, or that something someone has said has
swayed my opinion. I refuse to believe the fantasy, because I can review the facts.
I refuse to bow down before anyone who slaughters millions of innocents. I refuse to pay homage to someone who's justice system demands it. I refuse to pledge my life to uphold the standards of one who will punish the sons for the father's sins.
I refuse to believe that I am worthless, that I am pitiful, that I am weak. I refuse to believe that I do not posess a tremendous power within me, called reason. I refuse to give my hard earned money to those who proclaim the urgent need for me to believe what they say from the pulpits. I refuse to rest my buttocks on padded pews, dressed in a sharply creased suit while knowing that in the same moments I am smiling and nodding and shaking hands - there are a million children worldwide who's bellies scream for nourishment. I refuse to believe anything dictated by an institution where crimes against children are swept under the rug, where the very things that are spoken against happen behind closed doors...in hushed tones. I refuse to believe in fairy tales written by iron-age herdsman regarding the origin of life when I can see the common hierarchical structure in the genomes of all living species. I refuse to blind myself to the facts.
I refuse to indoctrinate my children with a horrible fear of eternal torture paradoxically doled out by a god of infinite love and forgiveness. I refuse to let them believe that love means strict obedience and unfaltering loyalty regardless of the demands. I refuse to tell them lies, no matter how insignificant they might seem to me, only later in life to contradict myself. I refuse to let my wife and kids not know how much they mean to me. I refuse to let their lives be empty.
I refuse to let my life have no meaning, when it is the only meaning that really is. I refuse to believe that the earth is here for my disposal. I refuse the concept that belief in god constitutes good morals. I refuse to let my love for others have boundaries. I refuse to let skin color, ethnicity, or religious belief have any bearing on the way I treat others. I refuse to live in the ignorance of hate and fear. I refuse to stop learning. I refuse to have absolute faith in anything which hasn't proven itself to be worthy of such. I refuse to believe in one prayer healing one person out of a million is a miracle when a million vaccinations would have a much higher rate of success. I refuse to believe that I don't have the right to ask questions. I refuse to believe that the answers will always be beyond our comprehension. I refuse to place limits upon myself based upon poorly written superstitions. I refuse to let myself go. I refuse to give up. I absolutely refuse to be beaten down by the system.
My emotions are my own, I refuse to let anyone own me. I refuse to pollute my body and mind with harmful drugs. I refuse to let anyone's words cause my anger to stir me to retaliate. I AM powerful. I AM waking up. I refuse to just sit down - and shut up.
We might very well be the only chance the cosmos ever has in looking at itself from the inside. Our eyes might be the only ones to ever see the microscopic world of the cellular structure, or the incredibly vast expanse of the universe. You are a child of the cosmos, of the universe, and of the world. Not on some vague metaphysical level, but on a deeper level - from the very core of your being. From your atoms, to your genes - we are all connected. We are all tangible, conscious units of the same entity - the cosmos. We slept for billions of years until our eyes were opened at birth, and we have but a few short decades to make our contribution before they close again. From there - who knows? What we have right now is the fact that we ARE, we ARE here, YOU are here. Out of the hundreds of millions of possible genetic combinations that could have come from your parents, from your grandparents - YOU made it. What will YOU do with this? Where will you stop questing for more? What would guide your steps, and your life if you knew that this life was the only one that you would be guaranteed? Would you not want to make this an amazing experience? Therefore, what place is there for lies, hatred, bigotry, selfishness, and most of all - fear. I refuse to let this be a dull experience. I refuse to withhold my exuberance for life, my wonder for nature. I refuse to live in the past. I refuse to let anyone I meet go away believing they are not special, in some sense. I refuse to stop making people smile. I absolutely refuse to stop caring.

~Syk
edit on 5-12-2010 by sykickvision because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I really don't know what to say in a response, but such a well thought out, phrased and expressed train of thought deserves one. You have managed to put into words some of the issues that I struggle with on a daily basis. I applaud you for your candor.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

sykickvision,

Some of your refuseals are great and good but realize pride comes before the fall. We need to humble ourselves also to learn and learn we must as when we catch more the more we realize we don't know much at all.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Did that really sound proud? Was there haughtiness in there somewhere? Completely unintentional and unintended.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

sykickvision,

It is your refuseal to acknowledge your creator that troubles me. It's like the clay saying to the potter, I'll be whatever I want to be. I too am in abhorrance of the church systems of today as they all are in apostasy. And too many who preach in them are in it for an easy living. They are not the servants of God. Too many are walking away from God because of all the false teachers that are rampant these days.

I didn't intend to offend, that was not my intent at all.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If there IS a creator - he is not the one taught in the churches.

If there IS a creator, he is either oblivious or uncaring of our plight.

If there IS a creator and he is aware of our plight - he is not kind.

If there IS a creator, he did an excellent job of making it look as if there were no creator. Spot on. If that was his intention, then he is deceptive.

IF there is a creator, he is/was a scientist, a biologist, a physicist - and he knows nothing of what is happening now on earth.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

sykickvision,

God the Creator is not the author of the cause of all the trouble strife etc.. There is a great destroyer that you have described very well is the problem. This rebellion business the destroyer has begun and come almost to it's ultimate hellishness is about to come to an end. Take sides with the Great and Good Creator is my advice. We have only a small number of years left of this rule of Satan's. At present Satan is the god of this world.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I would have really liked to have read your post.

But you also refuse to put a space between your paragraphs so a person could read it.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

After five minutes of laughing I can type. Thank you for that. My wife reminded me of the same thing.
I guess I must have missed that class in English.

top topics

join