It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psychology Of Time Travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Many of us on ATS would love to travel through time,but how many of us could withstand the psychological consequences of that travel? would there be a temporal jet lag that would overwhelm us? would the sight of the past/future and the feeling of actually being out of time drive is mad or even kill us? [break our heart at seeing lost ones alive?]

I was watching Back To The Future part 2 [my fave in the series] and wondered about how Marty and the Doc would really feel? would the changes they make in reality also damage them? how would i feel? would i do it? and you?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think that if you went back a sufficient amount of time, you'd look like a raving lunatic to the people of the era and get thrown into an asylum, or worse...

"What are you doing? Don't you know what bipolar depression, ADHD, OCD, Asperger's, restless leg syndrome are?"

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
With the use of clairvoyancy a person can and does travel through time . The thoughts and feelings of the spritual world allows this to manafest in thought patterens of energy. This energy is good and bad so a one that practices this must be humble to the tenth degree. While you sleep you can project outward and see the world in a new light. Actual time travel of the flesh I agree could bring on those affects you speak of. If you have a weak mind this would not be wise to do. These are just thoughts of a humble person that practices the way of being.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i just think [believe] that ACTUALY bodily travel through time will change you.will have an untold effect on you.

new topics

top topics

join