It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cables Suggest Mideast Resists U.S. on Cutting Terrorists' Cash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Cables Suggest Mideast Resists U.S. on Cutting Terrorists' Cash

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — Nine years after the United States vowed to shut down the money pipeline that finances terrorism, senior Obama administration officials say they believe that many millions of dollars are flowing largely unimpeded to extremist groups worldwide, and they have grown frustrated by frequent resistance from allies in the Middle East, according to secret diplomatic dispatches.
The government cables, sent by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and senior State Department officials,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think many of us already knew this. We should not forget that most of the alleged hijackers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia.

Or is this just government controlled propaganda? To increase distrust towards the middle east.

We give these countries so much money and we have created so much wealth for them, I wonder why there is so much hate towards us? Religion based?

I know we send missionaries to the middle east and they are funded by huge christian religions, but I don't think we are blowing any one up in the process.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

yeah its called china and it trillions not billions

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've just been reading an interesting one about Spain and the Russian mafia..

Interesting paragraph.

(S//NF) Grinda said that according to information he has received from intelligence services, witnesses and phone taps, certain political parties in Russia operate “hand in hand” with OC. For example, he argued that the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) was created by the KGB and its successor, the SVR, and is home to many serious criminals. Grinda further alleged that there are proven ties between the Russian political parties, organized crime and arms trafficking. Without elaborating, he cited the strange case of the “Arctic Sea” ship in mid-2009 as “a clear example” of arms trafficking.

Remember that boat went missing in the English channel then turned up near Spain??

Link to cable

new topics

top topics

join