It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theories Great Lakes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Anyone watch it?

What do you think?

Do you think people should be allowed to control our most natural resource that we NEED to live off of?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

LOL it freaked out my mom about lake mead when she saw it. The idea of selling us water is down right evil

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

LOL it freaked out my mom about lake mead when she saw it. The idea of selling us water is down right evil

almost like selling us our own air we breathe or tax the air we breathe.

I think this countries current system is on the break of complete failure. We need to go back to the way thousands of years ago how we were. No one should own MASSIVE amounts of lands, you shouldn't be able to OWN a natural resource and shouldn't be allowed to do this stuff. But yet we continue continue to elect these people in office who are being paid off and we know they are being paid off. How long does it take to at least "learn" our lesson. I swear the reason they dumb down society is because they don't want smart people to question their moves.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I missed that episode so I may be a little out of line but do you think that the cost for water may be mostly for the way it is delivered to you?
The pipes, pumps, and maintenence of the distribution system isn;t cheap. Now if everybody just went up to the lake with thier own buckets, yeah that would be different.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

dude this is so freakin scary i don't even want to think about it. Its like in that harry potter movie where they remove their memories and place them in a bowl of water! aw crap i wouldn't have water i forgot. See this crap even effects fantasies the truth is you never think of water in that way that one day it will be gone. Its like seeing or breathing or pooping or talking.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

yeah buddy they are talking about draining the great lakes yeah that kind of crazy then when you don't have any water guess what you have to buy it. Also about them putting drugs in your tap water so you have to buy theirs get the picture. Lakes are being drained without the ability to replenish its self

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Wait until China, who has a building fresh water problem, cashes in their U.S. debt and see what happens to our Great Lakes. People have been fighting diversion to the southwest states for many years but they haven't had been able to get the Great Lakes states to do so. Now the Feds have taken full control of the lakes and its watershed, it's only a matter of a short amount of time before they use it to pay back its international debts. I'm just about to the point where I say let them drain the Great Lakes. They are full of invasive species and polluted sediments. If the Asian carp gets here and populates all the lakes, and we know that the Feds have been dragging their butts on that issue, then the lakes are a lost cause at that point. Drain them down to muddy and polluted shipping canals, by that time no one but big business and the super rich will be able to utilize the lakes anyhow.
edit on 5-12-2010 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Edited for clairity.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I was expecting that he would focus more on the chemicals in the water. No mention of fluoride at all and very little about the uranium and other compounds like prozac and estrogen...

The episode could have been A LOT harder hitting, although sailing off with giant bladders filled with our clean drinking water was reminiscent of Ian Fleming.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Fiance is a RN, at the hospital they are told to dump meds down the sink when they need to waste them. Most of those meds do not break down all that fast and they certainly are not filtered by your cities water treatment plant. She and I never really thought much of this until we were having dinner with a doctor from L.A., we were talking about how good the water from the mountains tasted compared to the valley. He said that people don't really realize how much medication they are taking in and the effects it has on their body. Mind you it wasn't anything extreme since most people do not get a dose large enough to be noticed. He said the number one thing people will notice from this minute, yet constant dosing, is constipation. Seems like a pretty big deal to me

Heres to that first smoke and coffee^^

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I don't know
Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura .... on Tru TV

you kinda gotta ask yourself... is the show's content really True? or is this just another Disinformation outlet...?

I kinda roll with the later .... look at "Tru-TV's " programing
* All Worked Up
* Bait Car
* Black Gold
* Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura
* Disorder in the Court
* Forensic Files
* Full Throttle Saloon
* Hardcore Pawn
* It Only Hurts When I Laugh!
* Las Vegas Jailhouse
* Ma's Roadhouse

* Most Shocking
* Operation Repo
* Over the Limit
* Party Heat
* Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel
* Southern Fried Stings
* Specials
* Top 20 Most Shocking
* TSG Presents: World's Dumbest
* More Series

Not trying to crank on any1 , but I think this show is directed towards lemming's

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
first smoke and coffee...Mmmmmmm....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

You kinda gotta ask yourself how you're able to draw conclusions about a show from the shows around it. It's sort of the equivalent of judging a book not even by its cover, but by the covers of the other books that are near it on the shelf, or by the store that sells it.

Give it a watch and then draw your conclusion.

edit on 5-12-2010 by bikeshedding because: Rephrase

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Water rights are never discussed in the media.

Watch flowthefilm, or tapped.

A few years in Atlanta the mayor organized a prayer day because the city had the worst flood in decades. Coca Cola never once stopped pumping from the water shed and less than 10 blocks away a billion dollars were being spent on an indoor ski slope.

The world has lost its mind and instead of letting it occur we pay corporations for heavy metal pharmacology.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I saw the episode and I thought it was pretty good. A few pieces of information I did not know previously, and I follow water conspiracies (which are not even conspiracies...). I like that they are trying to bring this to the public light, as certain states have been struggling with this on a much more personal level, especially the citizens of Michigan whose land is caving in on itself from the water being pumped out from underground.

Anyone who enjoyed this episode, I would strongly suggest you watch a documentary called "Flow - For Love of Water" (2008). It covers what this episode covers but in much more detail about the corporations and third world countries, and the companies privatizing in the US, like Nestle. It also examines the impact of bottled water and how much we are being duped, and how unfair it is that third world countries pay more for water than we do in the modernized world. It also covers the pesticides that are being put into our water supply in the US, chemicals that are banned in many other countries, such as Atrazine.

I recommend it every chance I can because people don't understand what is going on with the world's water supply, this documentary has opened many eyes. It's done in a much more serious and professional sense than Jesse's show (no offense to the show, I personally enjoy it).
Flow Part 1
Flow Part 2
Flow Part 3
Flow Part 4
Flow Part 5
Flow Part 6
Flow Part 7
Flow Part 8

Irena Salina’s award-winning documentary investigation into what experts label the most important political and environmental issue of the 21st Century – The World Water Crisis. Salina builds a case against the growing privatization of the world’s dwindling fresh water supply with an unflinching focus on politics, pollution, human rights, and the emergence of a domineering world water cartel.

Interviews with scientists and activists intelligently reveal the rapidly building crisis, at both the global and human scale, and the film introduces many of the governmental and corporate culprits behind the water grab, while begging the question “CAN ANYONE REALLY OWN WATER?”

Beyond identifying the problem, FLOW also gives viewers a look at the people and institutions providing practical solutions to the water crisis and those developing new technologies, which are fast becoming blueprints for a successful global and economic turnaround.

edit on 12/5/2010 by SpaceJ because: added links

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
America, I have three words for you.

Ca. Na. Da.

The water in the Great Lakes mostly flows in from Canada.

I have three more words for you.

We are very dumb.

You will be able to bamboozle us out of our water. Think Chief Wapapatomi and $24 worth of beads for Manhattan.

Idots R Us.

We should be praying for global warming instead of trying to hinder it. But we are not. We should be preparing to be the Saudi Arabia of water. But we are not. We should be putting toll booths at each end of the "North West Passage" as the Panamanians would. But we are not.

I have one word for you.

Canadians are stupid.

Now have a Twinkie and go back to "Dancing with the Stars".

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

sn130w.snt130.mail.live.com...
This encapsulate for you.....read on

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
A great episode,I can't wait for the ep about BP and the oil spill.I know many people here don't like how they present the topics but Conspiracy Theory is a great tool to wake up other people.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Here's a link to my thread that you may find interesting. May.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please read the thread.
I honestly believe what your thread is saying is plausable to say the least!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
No one except one person realized that the great lakes are not 100% american? Too much talking as if the great lakes somehow belong to the US. Its canadian water.

What we should do as canadians is build damns north of the great lakes and create new great lakes on canadian soil. Since we feed the lakes with mostly our water to begin with. next your going to claim the gulf of mexico as your own. shrug

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

What about this topic?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join