It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Pakistan, Christianity Earns a Death Sentence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
www.time.com...

It all began a year and a half ago, with a quarrel over a bowl of water. A group of women farm workers were suffering in the heat near a village in Pakistans Punjab province. Aasia Noreen, an illiterate 45-year-old mother five, offered them water, but was rebuffed. Noreen was a Christian, they said, and therefore her water was unclean - sadly, a common taunt hurled at Pakistan's beleaguered Christians. But rather than swallowing the indignity, she mounted a stout defense of her faith.

Word of the exchange swiftly filtered through the village of Ittan Wali, in Sheikhupura district. The local mullah took to his mosque's loudspeakers, exhorting his followers to take action against Noreen. In a depressingly familiar pattern, her defense of her faith was twisted into an accusation of blasphemy, according to her family and legal observers familiar with the case. As a frenzied mob pursued her, the police intervened, taking her into custody. But far from protecting her, they arrested and charged Noreen with insulting Islam and its prophet. And on Nov. 8, after enduring 18 months in prison, she was sentenced to death by a district court, making her the first woman to suffer that fate.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is just another example of why I do not consider Islam to be a religion of peace. While the blasphemy law itself was introduced by the British, it covered all of the religions in the Indian sub-continent. The death penalty was added in 1986. I know that many people say that only the fanatics do this stuff, and that they are clearly a minority. So why is the MAJORITY constantly and consistently either silent or over ruled? "By their fruit shall you know them". The fruit of islam is death fertilized by violence. I see nothing else. Islam should be relegated to the status of "death cult" instead of a religion, in my opinion. This is a cult founded by a known pedophile. Their holy book commands the "faithful" to spread it by violence, and kill those peoples who refuse to submit. I see NOTHING peaceful about this cult.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
www.voanews.com...
Here is another link where an Islamic cleric offers the equivalent of $6,000 as a bounty on the woman in case the government does not kill her. If a priest or minister in the west did something close to this, the muslims and the liberals would be marching in the streets. Where is the protest for this woman? A petition has been started to ask the US Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Susan E. Rice, to get the UN involved.

Dear Ambassador Rice: I wish to express my deep concern regarding the arrest and false imprisonment of Asia Bibi, a Christian wife and mother in Pakistan who has been detained since June 2009 for the alleged crime of blasphemy. Ms. Bibi has recently been sentenced to death by hanging for this offense. The laws prohibiting blasphemy in Pakistan often result in the abuse and unjust persecution of religious minorities, particularly Christians. False allegations, lengthy detention periods before trial, and physical assaults during incarceration are just some of the human rights violations that are carried out against citizens who have been accused of this crime. In addition, the failure of the Pakistani government to intervene in these cases and to protect the rights of accused citizens has encouraged extremist groups and individuals to continue in these unlawful acts. In response to these concerns, I respectfully request that the United Nations urge the Pakistani government to enforce safeguards that will ensure the human dignity and religious freedom of every citizen. In light of this enforcement, the government must repeal Asia Bibi's sentence of death for the crime of blasphemy and call for her immediate release from prison. Thank you for your attention in this urgent matter.

Consider signing it. Perhaps the peaceful majority of the peaceful religion of islam could actually step out of the shadows this time and do something to show their real beliefs. I will not hold my breath though.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I read the Koran back during the first Iraq war and although it has passages that preach toleration, these were written when Islam was in it's early start-up phase and was a repressed minority. Once it spread and gained power the passages became less tolerant and more aggressive. When Islam reached it's full power under Mohammad, it became violent and completely intolerant, giving its followers directions on how to mistreat all unbelievers in the worst possible ways. After reading it, my eyes were opened to how really evil that book is. An accurate translation, unaltered with concern to the intolerance, should be standard reading for everyone in the west. "Convert by the sword" is a mild description of their M.O.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The only reason islam is demonized, is because the media is run by zionist jews who need to spread fear to justify killing them. I'm not saying Islam isn't nuts in some respects, (I hate all religions really) but I think there are "bigger fish to fry" and a greater danger closer to home.

If you really want to read a degrading book try reading the Talmud. Which talks of all gentiles being animals and worthless and so forth. How you can lie to gentiles, How you can kill gentiles and its ok.

Then ask yourself why these gangsters that follow this book are always surrounding US presidents, and lighting Minorah's on the white house lawn.

Islam is the least of my worries at the moment. lol

chabad.org...
edit on 5-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Shouldn't groups like NOW and people like Gloria Allred be screaming at the top of there lungs about things like this? I wonder why they are silent?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

If it were any religion or group aside from islam, I would say yes. For some reason islam gets a pass.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The only reason? Seriously? Not because of honor killings? Not because of strapping bombs on your young men and women? Not because of your "right to beat your wives" as long as it is not in the face? Not because of the way they treat women as property? Seriously? I could go on.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've looked into the Bible vs the qur'an in depth. If you look at converts from one faith to another you'll find alot of 2 way traffic. Muslim converts to Christianity and Christian converts to Islam. However, if you analyse the situation in depth and look at individual cases on youtube to get a feel for what type of person is converting then it becomes clear that really it's one way traffic. The Christians who convert to Islam are mostly woman who first shacked up with a muslim man and later converted to keep the muslim guy happy. Christian Men who convert to Islam seem to be odd ball characters on youtube, some shouters, some wafflers, some cryers, some manipulators.

By contrast, the vast majority of muslim converts to Christianity are well spoken educated and fun to watch people Like Walid Shoebat - Well worth looking up on youtube. He explains how the Good guy in the Koran is the Anti Christ of the Bible, and how the bad guy in the Koran is the Jesus of the Bible. Other Muslim converts to Christianity are clearly truth seekers, muslim woman converts to Christianity face terrible consequences, but very few of them, in fact I couldn't find any at all, who resembled the odd ball Christians who convert to Islam.

Therefore the good traffic flows to Christianity.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by mayabong

The only reason? Seriously? Not because of honor killings? Not because of strapping bombs on your young men and women? Not because of your "right to beat your wives" as long as it is not in the face? Not because of the way they treat women as property? Seriously? I could go on.

Iran has been bullied for decades by the west, through CIA/MOSSAD coups, terror attacks, Sanctions. And I think they've been quite peaceful and tolerant. Pakistan also. America bombs the hell of of "militants" every day. Do you honestly think its because they "beat their wives" that we're doing all of this? come on. Liberation is why we're there!! democracy!! lol give me a break.

I think most of the terror comes straight from israel used to divide and conquer the nations. They dressed like arabs to bomb the king david hotel, they dressed like arabs to bomb american targets in egypt for the lavon affair, they dressed like arabs when they were caught on 911.

Again the Talmud is 10x worse than any book I read, and these people are running the US. Of course they'll divert your attention to some crazies in the middle east. lol

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Do you see islam trying to rule the world at the moment? Have muslims invaded non-muslim countries, killed all the non-believers and applied sharia law?

No it's the other way round! The islamic countries are being illegally invaded, millions killed and secular democracy forced on them.

And that's where the real evil lies.People cannot see the reality as everything on mass media which is 92% owned by zionists is biased against muslims.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This man here is pretty courageous if you ask me:

Also, one should really check out two videos on available on Instant Streaming on Netflix.

One is The Third Jihad, produced and made by a Muslim who is one of the very, very small minority of truly peaceful Muslims who talk about cultural jihad and its insidious reach into the world. When one asks why nobody comments on things like this, cultural jihad is the reason why.

The other film features Mr. Shoebat, other former radical Muslims and members of Al Qauda as well as other experts.
Entitled Islam- What the West Needs to Know, it is a sobering look at the Qaran and it's hadiths, and the reality of Mohammed.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So I guess Christianity is a capitol offense in Iraq as well.

(CNN) -- Attackers gunned down an elderly Christian couple late Sunday inside their Baghdad home, the latest in a string of religious-rooted violence that has spurred international outcry and a full-court press for justice from Iraqi authorities. Gunmen broke into the couple's residence in Baladiyat, a predominantly Shiite area in eastern Baghdad, during the night and shot them dead, an Iraqi Interior Ministry official said.

Just keep telling me how peace loving muslims are. Maybe if you say it enough, I will start to believe you.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

In the "peaceful democracy" of Iraq, no less.

Nobody heard much about this "siege"... only last month-

Baghdad Church Siege Ends With 52 Dead

BAGHDAD — After the gunmen killed the priest and nearly everyone in the first row, an eerie quiet descended over the pews. The only occasional sounds were sporadic gunfire, the muffled cries of the hostages and the shouts of Islamic militants – sometimes over their cell phones.

Suddenly the lights went out. Iraqi forces began entering the building, telling parishioners: "We will save you."

Then a shattering blast shook the church as a suicide bomber set off his explosives.

By the time the siege of Our Lady of Salvation church was over Sunday night, 58 people were dead and 78 wounded – nearly everyone inside the building.

Now, if the American troops had killed this many "civilians" and wounded that many in a mosque bombing on a Holy Day, there would be an international outcry and so many op-ed's written, it would be ridiculous.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 6-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join