It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do ATS Moderators think of the following topics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I have always been a little curious as to where most of the ATS Moderators stand on such issues as, are aliens real? Do they believe in a messiah? Do they expect a great awakening or spiritual revolution? And so on. It is easy to fly below the radar and play it safe and only express opinions on current news but what do ATS Moderators feel about these more "grey area" topics.

The reason i ask is obviously ATS believe you to be balanced and responsible enough to moderate these forums so your views in a sense would be more respected.

So if you would like to entertain my cold, bored, inquisitive mind then feel free to score away!!

To make it easy for you, if you don’t want to elaborate on or go into details you can score the following topics from 0-10. 0 being you don't really give much credit to the idea and 10 being you give the idea your full backing.

ATS folk feel free to join in as well!!

1. Are aliens real?

2. Are Angels, Demons, and Spirits real?

3. Do you think the world will soon see a messiah or antichrist type figure on the world scene anytime soon?

4. Do you feel a spiritual revolution or awakening is coming?

I'll start off with these 4 for now and see how we get on.

Thanks in advance for your participation on my little experiment.

edit on 5-12-2010 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
1. Are aliens real?

Aliens in the sense of there being other life in the universe? I would speculate on it being almost a dead cert. Aliens as in ones that visit earth, not so much

In my opinion No, apart from inside the mind of the person

3. Do you think the world will soon see a messiah or antichrist type figure on the world scene anytime soon?

If you mean a Messiah as in someone sent from god then no, if you mean a messiah as in a spiritual leader then anything is possible. If by Antichrist you mean a person that acts in an extreme way that could be classified as evil then I would guess that there will be one along soon, they seem to be pretty regular

In my opinion awakenings (whatever that may be defined as) happen on an individual level, so no.

edit on 5-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'm not a mod but I'll play, somewhat.

Well your questions are a bit vague and at the same time all inclusive. There would be many different ways you could interpret them.

For questions 3&4 I would give a 0/10, but I'm taking that in the most literal sense of the question.
Sure there are variations that may warrant a higher score but that would require being specific.

As for Q1, well as davespanners pointed out, if the question is simply do they exist? I think you would be hard pressed to find a person who would say they don't. So that's a 10/10 for me. If it was asked are they/have they visited us or another variation then the score would change.

Q2, is another one that is too broad to answer correctly as well, Angels, Demons, Spirits are all potentially different things. I find it tough to give a score on to be honest as I think parts of that question(angels and demons) most likely don't exist 0/10, and the other part(spirits) I will give a 1/10 because I'm not 100% convinced of their existence but can't rule it out completely just yet.

edit on 5-12-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Once a site reaches the number of people that ATS does, the owners and those that moderate the site ae only able to think what they are told to think, much like the president is only allowed to say what his tele-prompter tells him to say.

Well, im mostly kidding, i think all the mods and admins began as regular members, much like ourselves, all with differing opinions on different subjects.

Now I will say that it is true that once a site reaches a certain level of popularity, it does undergo a few changes, some for the better and in my opinion, some for the worse.
Not sure if its due to the advertisers, or something more sinister

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

1. Are aliens real? ("Alien" is a broad term, so yes, I believe there are aliens.)

2. Are Angels, Demons, and Spirits real? (Absolutely, yes.)

3. Do you think the world will soon see a messiah or antichrist type figure on the world scene anytime soon? (Yes.)

4. Do you feel a spiritual revolution or awakening is coming? (Yes, but I define it as a spiritual cleansing.)

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

1. Are aliens real? ("Alien" is a broad term, so yes, I believe there are aliens.)

2. Are Angels, Demons, and Spirits real? (Absolutely, yes.)

3. Do you think the world will soon see a messiah or antichrist type figure on the world scene anytime soon? (Yes.)

4. Do you feel a spiritual revolution or awakening is coming? (Yes, but I define it as a spiritual cleansing.)

Peace

Kool!!!

So do you have an opinion on who you think the messiah.antichrist is or will be?

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

1. Are aliens real?

I believe they exist

If you mean spirits as in ghosts, then yes. I dont think the other two exist though

Nope, although ATS seems to attract all the self proclaimed messiahs (aka nutjobs)

Not at all

new topics

top topics

join