It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universe reincarnation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This thread is about a speculative theory which, I presume, I mustn't be the first one to forumulate on ATS. I went through a search but did not find any relevant thread portraying to this particular idea. If however there is an existing thread, please point me towards it ;-)

So here goes... I had this thought not too long ago about death and life after death and such. Many NDE's show the same 'light tunnel vision' pattern and I was thinking as to what this could mean? I also believe in reincarnation so I started to put those things together and came up with a theory.

What if, at death, our soul gets sucked into a 'light tunnel' which in fact is a parellel universe vortex that transports it into another body in some other reality. This would explain the light tunnel vision as well as the fact that we are born with some information already 'ingrained' in us at birth. This could also explain why we have such a hard time remembering who we are or where we came from and the dejà-vu phenomenon could also be explained in some ways through this particular idea.

If it is true that parallel universes exist and are quite similar to ours, this could be a valid theory, no?

What is your input on this?

edit on 5-12-2010 by pipconvert because: I messed up in the distinction between multi-dimensional and Parallel universe. My bad.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
interesting theory, but does it have to be another dimension per se? just asking because if it were a completely different dimension and not just a different dimension of the self or life or whatever... but a completely different space/time dimension, then would none of the earth's dead be reborn into earth?

if so in an absolute sense, then that would throw a lot of people current theories that they have lived before on this earth out the window. i don't see why the theory couldn't be flexible somehow though... it is interesting. I wonder if it's like a mere corridor or like a disorientating vacuum like tunnel.

I never really thought of that before.
edit on 5-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Hi ChaosMagicien,

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry, I totally messed-up here, I had parallel universe in mind... your thread made me realize my mistake so star for you :-) lol!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pipconvert

yeah i had an OBE and wondered if in fact i had i died. It was weird i just was laying on my bed and bang i was looking up at my self i then became afraid and before i knew it i was back in my body. That moment always made me wonder if in fact i had died only to be put in a different reality. like the people who die get to live out their lives. Since then i have really had the ability to almost predict events or sense who calling me before they call. It's frightening and i don't want it! sometimes i swear i can feel what people are thinking i know that sounds weird but its true i don't know maybe I'm just crazy?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
well, if it's your theory then there really can't be a mistake, can there? Since no one really knows or can prove this one, one way or another. I was just wanting to clarify what you meant.

So you do believe that it takes you completely out of this world then, into a whole different one?
I mean, you could very well be right.

maybe the light that is seen is energy that is more pure than anything we have ever seen and it is beyond aspects of physical dimensions. maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the physical dimension at all. maybe there are different dimensions but the different dimension are totally and completely different "types" of dimensions and they all touch together in life, but alone they are just what they are. like the physical dimension is only matter and physical energy and there is a spiritual dimension and maybe there are other dimensions as well creating all the ingredients of life like when a photograph is broken down into different color and light aspects but overlapping, they create the whole picture. Maybe in the spiritual dimension if there is no physical matter, maybe that is why there is the absence of the pure light (the tunnel) and then there is the pure light and the only natural course is for the soul to progress to the light and what is you returns to the source of all spiritual energy and whatever happens happens.... and maybe to see the physical dimension without the spiritual dimension would be a really weird place and then maybe there are others... such as the astral plane which seems very chaotic... and maybe others as well... i wonder what they would be, who knows. That would be weird if multiple dimensions are overlapping into this very reality.

Wow... I'm going to have to sleep on that.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by pipconvert

yeah i had an OBE and wondered if in fact i had i died. It was weird i just was laying on my bed and bang i was looking up at my self i then became afraid and before i knew it i was back in my body. That moment always made me wonder if in fact i had died only to be put in a different reality. like the people who die get to live out their lives. Since then i have really had the ability to almost predict events or sense who calling me before they call. It's frightening and i don't want it! sometimes i swear i can feel what people are thinking i know that sounds weird but its true i don't know maybe I'm just crazy?

OH...that's weird too. like sometimes i feel like people know things about me without me knowing how and sometimes i think it's the government
... but i have sometimes thought it is because I'm already dead and slipped into a parallel existence.

i hate it when that happens.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Some questions about your theory.

As our population continues to rise, does that mean that some of the other universes are slowly emptying out? Are new lives ever created or have we all just been swapping around for ever?
Is there a way to stop that cycle or does it continue forever?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Some questions about your theory.

As our population continues to rise, does that mean that some of the other universes are slowly emptying out? Are new lives ever created or have we all just been swapping around for ever?
Is there a way to stop that cycle or does it continue forever?

I have wondered if new souls could be born or if not, where are they coming from? Some believe other worlds within this dimension. Some believe other dimensions or universes. I have wondered that...can souls be born.... are there ever any "new souls"

i should go to bed. I've already almost set my kitchen on fire.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

It's the one thing that I never quite got the hang of in Buddhism, where in the Karmic cycle are "new" people introduced and where do they come from.
Maybe a better Buddhist could answer that one as I never could

Edit
Try not to set anything else on fire please

edit on 5-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I knew it im crazy lol
wheres the love i mean with all the people here who talk about getting anal probed by Aliens and the people wearing tin foil hats because the government can read their thoughts i have to stand out as the crazy guy among the crazy people great even the people claiming to be the Anti Christ are laughing damn it

edit on 5-12-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pipconvert
This thread is about a speculative theory which, I presume, I mustn't be the first one to forumulate on ATS. I went through a search but did not find any relevant thread portraying to this particular idea. If however there is an existing thread, please point me towards it ;-)

So here goes... I had this thought not too long ago about death and life after death and such. Many NDE's show the same 'light tunnel vision' pattern and I was thinking as to what this could mean? I also believe in reincarnation so I started to put those things together and came up with a theory.

What if, at death, our soul gets sucked into a 'light tunnel' which in fact is a parellel universe vortex that transports it into another body in some other reality. This would explain the light tunnel vision as well as the fact that we are born with some information already 'ingrained' in us at birth. This could also explain why we have such a hard time remembering who we are or where we came from and the dejà-vu phenomenon could also be explained in some ways through this particular idea.

If it is true that parallel universes exist and are quite similar to ours, this could be a valid theory, no?

What is your input on this?

edit on 5-12-2010 by pipconvert because: I messed up in the distinction between multi-dimensional and Parallel universe. My bad.

Hey there pipconvert,

Well, having personally experienced (spontaneously) the detailed accounts of four seperate lifetimes (in the early 90's) ... and having worked as a Pastlife Regression Therapist for the last 17yrs ... I like the way you think !

And I have to say that it is an hypothesis that might have legs ... but without pondering on this and taking all the possibilities into account I have to wonder how you would explain the the fact that some people with pastlife recollections (myself for one) have completed much research concerning the details recalled and managed to find substantiating evidence that people / places / situations that they had recalled did indeed exist ... here in this dimension.

Please don't take this as a critism ... people who know me know that I am very flexible and open minded (the only thing that we know for sure is that we know nothing and we are learning all the time) ... and I really do like your idea ... it makes me wonder if it is possible that whilst some souls may reincarnate here in this dimension ... others may come out elsewhere ?

This is something that has actually fleeted through my mind before but I've never really given serious consideration because of the findings from my own memories. Look forward to your thoughts on this.

Woody

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey Woody,

Well first off, thank you very much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. I started off the thread with a multi-dimensional approach of the idea when in fact I was thinking about parallel universe. Point being?

A parallel universe is, in pure speculative theory, more likely to be a copy (with few variations) of our own world. So places that exist here could also exist in a parallel universe with a change here and there. So this would still fit into the whole parallel universe reincarnation theory and you would still be able to have deja-vu's from what you think is our world but is in fact a parallel universe that looks identical to our world with subtle differences (think of the matrix black cat deja-vu scene).

The reason why I veered away from the multi-dimensional is because a different dimension could, again speculatively speaking, be totally different from A to Z and not even be relevant to reincarnation of our current reality.

Hope this makes sense lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You might try looking up quantum immortality,something the physicist Hugh Everit believed in. he was also the father of Mark Everit the singer in Eels.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Good post, that's something to think about.

It just came to me then when you said about the tunnel vision on the verge of death. Don't people who experience extreme G force have tunnel vision before they pass out due to the lack of oxygen getting to the brain? Maybe that's what the "light at the end of the tunnel" actually is; depending on the circumstances of death obviously.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
theres a theory,i believe it is remote viewer joe mconeagle [check surname spelling] that the light at the end of the tunnel,is what we really are.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Definitely agree that there are many parallel universes but the tunnel is what we pass through to end up in a place where our next destination is decided. I have no doubt that we have other lives in other universes and that is one of the reasons why it is so hard to change certain life patterns and relationship choices. Many find it difficult to leave a relationship, for example. One of my theories is that they have that same relationship in a parallel universe. Kind of acts as glue when it occurs in more than one place and makes it difficult to leave and move on to another situation.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

i have thought of this too, and if it is the case then possibly they are being born in a certain universe? then gradually living in different ones after each death? maybe you have to live all of these lives to teach your soul some kind of lesson. who knows, i don't really believe in any of this but most of us would agree that life is complicated beyond measure and likely over all of our heads. i guess we will all just have to wait for our days to die to find out.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

I knew it im crazy lol
wheres the love i mean with all the people here who talk about getting anal probed by Aliens and the people wearing tin foil hats because the government can read their thoughts i have to stand out as the crazy guy among the crazy people great even the people claiming to be the Anti Christ are laughing damn it

edit on 5-12-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

well, don't feel like the lone ranger.

And no kitchen fires today! WoooHooo! I did learn something though... really hot oil+FIRE!... then add salt *really really really* FAST- helps to get blackened crusties off of cheap steel pots. It was cool, the salt turned grey. I can't say I recommend it as a practice though.

Personally, I like my overlapping theory. maybe a totally non physical dimension exists overlapping this physical dimension. I want to think of others too but I'm scratching my head on that... like maybe one of chaos and pure chance. Hmm... I don't know. Or maybe rather than a dimension of unrestrained possibilities there is a psychic dimension that is beyond the aspects of light and dark and this dimension grew from the collective of minds and is totally different than both the physical dimension and the spiritual dimension but they all exist simultaneously within the same reality. maybe the astral plane is a part of that dimension. Mind, body and spirit... 3 overlapping dimensions.... so far.
I don't know.

edit on 5-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pipconvert

I know this post is old, but when I searched this up on the internet this was the first thing I found and I had to put in my two cents.
I came across this subject when I began thinking about the complexities of time travel. My initial feelings was that time travel was impossible, (do to time being unable to go backwards). Or so complicated that it wasn't worth the effort, (time loops, rips in the space-time continuum, A range of mind-boggling paradoxes, ect...) So overall I began to think any sort or real time travel was both impossible and impractical.

That was when I had the thought, "if an advanced species wanted to go back to a certain time, couldn't they just cheat and go to a parallel universe that is (almost) exactly the same and achieve the same goal?" When I thought about it I realized that this solution solved all of time travel's problems. No time loops, no paradoxes, and above all no warping of this universe's time-space. Although this wasn't technically going back in time, the effect would still be the same. I like to imagine Parallel Universes to be a series of straight lines that split off whenever something different happens in each of them. So rather than traveling backwards through the line, you leave the line for an instant and enter the parallel universe from whatever point you wish.

This led me to think about a man who had this power (perhaps some aliens or gods bestowed it on him). The man would have his entire consciousness transported to the time he was born in, essentially he would be taking over his baby doppelganger's body with all his memories, personality, and experiences still intact. However, this would only happen if the man died, therefore preserving the continuity and ensuring that there would only be one of him throughout the infinity of Parallel universes. From the man's perspective it would look like as if he died and his mind traveled back through time in order to survive. But this is not the case, he is in fact being reborn in a different universe with his memories still intact. This would also be a form of immortality, much like the previously mentioned "Quantum Immortality" theory, but this time much more straightforward and a lot more badass.

Over time I imagine the man slowly realizing that this isn't time travel because of the countless changes made to the universe as a result of the Parallel line example, as in, every Parallel universe must be at least slightly different from one another in order to split. Therefore, after hundreds of rebirths the man would begin noticing distinct differences, and after a thousand, the Universe may look radically different from the one he initially started out in. So in essence, the man would become an immortal, time-traveling, Universe-jumping badass the likes of which would put Doctor Who to shame.

However this was just my imagination so please take this idea with heaps of salt and pepper please.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It doesn't explain the life between lives business, though. Where does that happen?

join