It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vevo -- Taking over Youtube!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Vevo,

en.wikipedia.org...
www.vevo.com...

What is it? Is it our new enemy? I could only find 2 results for this on ATS, I'm sure a LOT more will come.

Tried watching a few vidoes on Youtube but Vevo came up, citing Australia could not see them.

Whereas I could watch a WHOLE lot of videos previously, this VEVO thing came up, comprimising of a few big companies which denied any access to the videos I used to watch, You may not see this happening in the USA as it is not restricted there as such, but there are censors for this (eg MacDonalds are a sponsor). Youtube is slowly being taken over by the music industry for their nefarious money stricken needs.

Help?
edit on 5-12-2010 by IdeaLogical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Please, I need at least one response to at least see this is coming through to the masses!!

Regards,

Idealogcial

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IdeaLogical

It's not taking over YouTube...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
from personal experience, there have been numerous occasions when I have found a video I was looking for that I could not find on Youtube. I don't think they will be taking over anytime soon, but it's always good to have alternate sources out there. Would be cool if there was more forums that allowed for more than just Youtube videos for embeding for just that reason. (hint hint ATS
)

though 2 sources are better than 1

edit on 5-12-2010 by Lighterside because: double check foot in the mouth

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Exactly! Thank-you thank-you thank-you.

Why has noone else noticed yet?

I was on the phone with my mother help install add-ins to firefox for youtube so come'on am I the only one kind of concerned about this at the moment?

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IdeaLogical

I completely agree!

I keep trying to watch videos on youtube but all the originals were deleted and all thats left are the stupid censored, cut, enhanced, freaking vevo videos!! Vevo is definitely taking over youtube.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Vevo runs supreme only on popular videos. i dont see it much too often. last i saw it, it was on a Queens Of The Stone Age music video. most of what i watch is outside Vevo`s interest area.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I haven't noticed Vevo on youtube lately, but I know for awhile when I was looking for music videos I kept finding vevo instead. It was really annoying. I don't know if veo is just spam or if they are legit videos not viewable in my country, but it drove me nuts to see that stupid vevo logo instead of a music video :p

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Yes,....you have noticed correctly ....as did I. Another thing that caught my eye is that these VEVO music videos have the rights to publish on behalf of the most famous artist of this time.

If the conspiracy theorists are correct most these 'VEVO" artist have all sould their souls to the commander in chief of this world....and the world we cannot see..(Bob Dylan)

Can it be that there is a connection between VEVO and umbrella corperations like Warner Bros, Sony or something in that 'evil' direction?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Consider that youtube has been losing millions of dollars and are now trying to adapt their business model by working with content owners.

I don't like it but I don't blame them. Expect the internet to be gone as we know it in 5 years. Even 70% of google searches are illegal right now.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No need to create a new thread but, I noticed that youtube VEVO music videos are now being prevented from embedding on ATS. It still worked a few hours ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Get a copy of AdBlock.
Mark Vevo as an ad you want blocked, if AdBlock does not do it automatically.
Not guaranteed for every situation, but it works pretty well.

join