It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We talk and talk, where's the action ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS 'colleagues',

This is my first thread so please bare with me as I don't know all the ins and outs of this website yet. Mods, if this thread has to be moved I apologize in advance and please let me know what I did wrong.

I've been browsing through ATS for some time now, I'd say about 3 to 4 months (which many of you may concider as barely any time, I'm well aware of that) and something strikes me continuously. This site is great to vent, to b*tch and to wine about what we, as individual human beings, feel that we have to change offline. It can range from the economy to the government to many other fields of discussion.

The issue being that that's all. It's just talk at the end of the day. No real action comes from it. The most common 'cumbaya jingle' here is to "Wake up" but that's not going to change anything. Ok, I'm awake and informed… I've informed loved ones about the NWO, crisis this, crisis that and blah blah blah… now what?

You go on ATS, vent, switch off the plug and you go about your regular routine (work, consume, entertainment, sleep...) in hopes of something to 'happen'. Isn't that just a waste of time at the end of the day? I see this site as a group of heroïc online fighters who are on a quest for something but what happens OFFLINE? What did you recently do to provoke a real change in your life?

We should not feed the system and blah blah blah is what you usually get to read as a solution to current events, which I agree to certain extend with. Have any of you done anything 'out of the routinely ordinary' to reach that goal of not feeding the system?

I personnaly haven't made many changes to my lifestyle, except for taking all my cash out of my bank account and keep it in a safe place outside the bank walls… what about you? Any stories to share?

Thanks for your time in reading and replying to this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pipconvert

the nail who sticks out gets pounded. Better to lay in wait formulating a plan of attack then to just make actions out of fear. Then when the time is right is when you make your move. This is chess not checkers plus what is posted on this site is speculation at best as there is rarely proof and if there is proof its circumstantial. I would tell you to be prepared but not active in a fight against something you know little about because then you just paint a target on your back. Your not Rambo you will not take down the enemy by your self or even with a group of a thousand. The smart lay in wait plus im sure they know to stay away from sites such as this as it would be high profiled by the NWO.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I agree with, and understand what you're saying.
The problem for me, I think, is that on this site I can easily discuss these topics with the likeminded ( and even not the likeminded) people.
However, when i'm out "in the real world", I find it harder to bring up certain things to people. I've tried talking to my coworkers about subjects i've discussed on here, and I either get blank stares or looks like i'm losing my mind.
My 82 year old grandma told me that I should start stocking up on canned food because "she heard something about a NWO from glen beck"... I don't know how to explain to her that she can't believe everything she hears on the radio/TV.
I told my mom that she needed to stop caring so much about who was winning dancing with the stars, or who was marrying who on the bachlorette shows... that there was more serious things going on in the world, and she said that it's "too depressing to think about".

Unbrainwashing the sheeple will take some time.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

To begin "action" against the establishment what is needed is for there to be a commitment. For their to be a commitment there has to be organisation. For their to be organisation there has to be agreements. I read through these forums and it's a free for all. It's understandable, but if you want to cause action you need to be organised. It's not just "let's stock up on guns, and go do something terrible" that will win nothing. So what must be done is perpetual education and interpretation of government. That way you also have an "AFTER WE TAKE OVER" plan. Otherwise "action" will just cause anarchy.

By the way, to be a productive member of an "action" you can't expect it to just be a part-time weekend fun-fun thing. It should encompass your life and be your primary priority.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Hi,

Thanks for submitting your reaction. Well, I wasn't really pointing towards a weekend only fun activity but more of a first step towards perpetual change. Once you're aware of it, you can affect change if you so wish.

How many people on here do you think have ever gone on a personal survival trip to get to experience what it's like and subsequently get a reality check?

I haven't yet but I'm going to in the next few weeks :-)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Two things I'm working on:

Starting an awareness organization that will work in communities to deliver and spread information that pertains to the mechanics and identification of corruption in government and what the everyday citizen can do to help stop it and clear it out. First cleaning out their municipal corporation (local government) and clearing any debts that are guaranteed to be there is essential, and my goal is to get the average person involved. The idea is to impress upon the residents of communities that they have a responsibility to watch their government and speak out and immediately get active in reconstruction the second that things begin to fall apart, for their own good and the good of the country. Gathering professionals to investigate, identify, and file civil suits ONLY when the evidence is undeniable, and training the novices how to act and respond by using the law to their advantage, without breaking the law in order to spread justice, and without violence. I'm hoping I will be able to find volunteers in the students that are attending college and studying subjects like forensic science, law and litigation, economics, journalism, political science, etc... Knowing my own community, I believe this can be done quite easily. Because the real problem is that the people never have access to the necessary information, and that is what I am going to change. Nowadays I believe this will be much easier to convince the public that only they can bring about the change they expected from Obama and a Democratic administration through concerted, organized planned effort. The idea of starting with smaller communities is to test the capability of smaller groups to come together and support each other and make a real difference in their localities, that way when they find stability, they can be the example for the others around them, then they can begin to work with others that are struggling to find political and social equilibrium, and the realm of the right will permeate into vast stretches.

Second thing: Currently writing up a proposal to my city council and more importantly the residents that would suggest to them that the present security and preservation of our lives as we live now can be sustained if we all mutually invested in water and had a local bank of sorts to regulate. In short, I'm thinking of starting a small investment agency specifically for mutual shares in water that would represent the city I live in, like a FED for my own city that would guarantee it a money supply, except you know, not corrupt and destructive. I am hoping that the entire city and community will see the benefit and the guaranteed revenues of investing in water now so that in the near future when a water crisis becomes real, all those who invested will be able to sell of their shares if they please and purchase water and all other necessary commodities that will be regulated like diamonds. Our city right now is one the best in the country, 3rd safest I think, so you can imagine we live very good lives. But things are getting tough for even us.

I'm still doing a lot of research for both topics, but I'm thinking I'll have the water proposal finished to the point i feel it is effective by the end of Jan, and the social service movement probably started by spring semester, latest summer.

Anyone can help. Anyone can get involved. I'm just focused on my own community right now. SO if you think anyone of these is interesting we can clarify what I've just said through PM and take up what the Tea Party
Movement had left in the dust.

Water is Life! Knowledge is Power! Justice is Progress!
(My rip off 1984)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Ahh I enjoy those survival trips, make sure you take the least amount of technological things, with the exception of a backpack and an eating utensil.

What must be understood regarding the promotion of change is that to do so, laws must be broken. It is naive to think that a "revolution" can be caused by legal means against a "NWO". People will die or get hurt. A good thing to look into is hacking into news stations to reveal atrocities that the NWO would not like to reveal; this will increase awareness.

new topics

top topics

join