It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Noises coming from the sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place for this so to the mods here, if there is a more appropriate forum for this post please move it accordingly. And thanks in advance...

I will post as much detail as I can recall.

I walk out of my house with my girlfriend at 5:30pm today (today being the 4th) and we hear what sounds like a gun fight going on in the sky. The sound seemed to travel from behind me when I walked out my front door which faces east-ish. It lasted around 30-45 seconds but it became progressively louder. We also saw what looked like two planes flying in close proximity with extremely bright blinking beacons (white light, not red or green) heading north-north east. They took about a minute to leave my sight, I can only approximate their altitude of around 1000-1500 feet. Also, they made no discernible noise such as a jet or helicopter as they passed overhead, but appeared to fly like a chopper, meaning they almost looked like they were "floating" (if that makes any sense) Now, usually I am not the type to panic or get scared, but this freaked me the eff out big time. She was almost in tears from being so scared but I calmed her down and said it was probably fireworks (tree lighting ceremony was supposed to be at 4:30pm about a mile from my house) even though in the back of my mind I knew it definitely didn't sound like any fireworks I have ever heard. So I honestly contemplate grabbing my rifle and a few boxes of rounds but decided that I could turn back if I really needed to. At this time I also thought about taking my car instead of hers because mine is much better for a getaway in case s...was really hitting the fan. (who knows these days?)

So anyway, I decided we weren't in any immediate danger, jumped in her car and headed to her house. Got there about 10-12 minutes later. Wrapped gifts for an hour or so when her brother comes in and asks if anyone heard that crazy loud noise before. So needless to say I was a little more freaked out and interested at the same time. I called my Marine cousin who fought in Afghanistan and asked him if he heard anything strange. He lives a little less than 2/10 mile from me and he said yes. I asked him what he thought it was and he said it sounded like a fire fight but that the "shots" were too consistent and pretty much wrote it off as fireworks too.

Now, the same noise/sound in two separate towns, separated by at least 5 miles, heard by 4 people which was so strange it freaked them all out does not sound like fireworks to me, but I have been wrong once or twice in the past.

This took place on the south shore of L.I. around the Babylon area. If anyone else heard it please jump in and let me know. Now the million dollar question:

WTF was this all about? Any personal experiences or knowledge would be appreciated as I am really curious about it.

-Realeyes

edit on 5-12-2010 by realeyes because: typo

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't know about gun fire, however 2 nights ago down here in Miami i was hearing a VERY loud medium pitched sound coming from the sky. I live near the International Airport so i know the airplane sounds and they are on and off. They fade in and they fade out. However, this noise felt like a plane was just stuck in the air and not moving but the engine could be heard for miles and miles and miles.

I heard the sound during the AM times, around 2-4am. I like observing the sky and cloud patterns, usually when i see something that doesn't look or feel quite right, i take a picture of it. Lets see what happens.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Did the noise seem to be coming from the aircraft you saw? Were the noises consistent as far as the timing, like a steady rhythm? Perhaps they were experimental helicopters, maybe something like this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Pulsejets have been used to power experimental helicopters, the engines being attached to the ends of the rotor blades [7]. As an aircraft propulsion system, pulsejets have the advantage over turbine engines of not producing torque upon the fuselage. A helicopter may be built without a tail rotor and its associated transmission and drive shaft, simplifying the aircraft (though it is still necessary to rotate the fuselage relative to the rotors in order to keep it pointing in one direction).

Do you live near an air force base?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by realeyes

I haven't lived in Brooklyn for quite a few years but I remember as a kid driving to the Hamptons there was a grumman plant out your way. Maybe a connection?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Santiago, Chile, two days ago, in the morning, I heard a very strange noise, and it came from the sky. It was also a medium pitched sound, it lasted several minutes and I also opened the window to chech then procedence of it. and yes, it came from the sky....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've seen a coupe of threads about strange noises being heard in the sky and other threads concerning strange "booms" heard in North Carolina. A quick ATS search should provide readers of this thread with more pieces to the puzzle...

Strange loud, metal sounding almost like gears changing sound in the skies!!! 092410
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Strange noise Tuesday night / Wednesday morning over Western Kentucky....

Strange Mechanical Sounds In The Clouds

There are more. Something odd is going on.
And it's almost time...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The noise didn't seem to be coming from the planes (or objects) flying overhead. The noise was not consistent. It really did sound like machine gun fire, it came in spurts. I do remember seeing a thread about the "changing gears" sounds but I never actually checked it out until now (thanks for the links). But, I can say with certainty it was not anything like a metallic noise like gears. The only way to describe it was like hearing multiple gun shots/ machine guns.

ETA: I just remembered something else, when I stepped out of the house my first startled thought was that a large plane was crashing, it was so loud that I looked up over my shoulder to see if there was anything in the sky over my head. Then as my brain began trying to recognize the sound I distinctly remember hearing what sounded like machine guns.
edit on 5-12-2010 by realeyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I occasionally hear very loud rumbling noises that come from the sky...Like the gods are fighting amongst themselves.

These loud and frightening noises are usually accompanied by an odd darkening of the sky, immense gray colored smoke-like apparitions cross in front of the sun. Sometimes the wind blows and a wet, watery substance starts to magically fall from the heavens.

Sometimes, when these things happen, and are very intense, there will be bright flashes that sizzle across the sky, at a very rapid speed, and usually precede the very loud rumbling noises and the obvious crying of the gods. I wonder if these things happen because I have done something bad, or maybe I haven't paid enough tribute to the gods that rule us.

These things frighten and confuse me.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I was stationed at Holloman in the 70's.
Believe me when I say I have seen some strange stuff.

The strangest was right in Michigan though.

I was at home in Paw Paw.
It was a very dark still moonless starless night.
A common occurrence when the sky's are covered by high clouds in the summer.

It was not hot or cold.
It was not impending rain or winds,
It was a beautiful still summer night.

I lived in a dead end subdivision in a large Ranch style home.
Across the street from my home was a large nicely mowed lot.

The field was bordered the sides by a single row of' 35' pines at the left side & rear.
The right side of the field had 35' Deciduous tree stand.

The front of the field faced my home.
The field had a immaculate un-gated 5' high white picket fence.
The fence paralleled the 2 lane road 15' off the road and spanned the entire length of the lot.

I stood looking accross the street on my front porch,
I was thinking what a beautiful night it was.
How lucky my family was to live here.

Then without warning of any kind there was a very very "loud" Crrraaacck.
It seamed to come from every where.
The crack was not that of a Gun nor a large weapon.
It was more like someone slapped their hands: or a very high voltage arched just once for an instant.
The sound did not echo or reverberate.
This is strange for as loud as it was.

A bright flash of yellowish light from the field in the same instant.
I cringed but kept my eyes open faceing the flash.
I instinctively turned my body sideways towards what I thought was going to be a on coming shock wave.
As the flash dispated.
There was no shock wave.

I saw that less than 300 yards away a 3 story tall glowing craft appeared centered in the feild.
It seemed to be soundlessly hovering 5' off the ground.
It just appeared in the same place that was the center of the flash.

Much strangeness ensued but that is another story.

I have though a lot about what tech might have been employed by the craft.
I was a flight instrument instuctor while stationed in New Mexico at Holloam.
I know how things work.
I tend to pick things apart until I can come up with a solution.

From my observation was that it seamed have opened a portal of sorts.
A portal that disapeared and was just replaced by the craft.
It was night so I saw no transition of an opening or passing.
It just appeared.

Cause of the noise may have been
- an atmospheric difference in pressure between two points of travel.
- the displacement of atmosphere by appearing the craft.
- an static potential discharge from the craft being so close to the ground.
- a static discharge from some means of transportation.

My guess is the atmospheric difference in pressure between 2 points of travel.
If it was entering out of a hyperspace like travel.

Then the question would be.
Is there atmosphere in hyperspace?
It would explain the lack of an echo.

I would be interested if the thing you saw jerked as it formed?

Respectfully,

1 101010

Watcher

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Maybe time to take alittle break from ATS, huh?

*Writes another line*

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Amarillo, Texas 3 weeks ago at about 1:00am.

Location is Rural away frm the City.

Loud horn noise heard outside while at the computer. Sounded like trombone or tuba LOUD.

The ground then began to rumble and shake at a fairly fast frequency but low. It vibrated the concrete slab foundation my house sits on and made the walls pop and crack.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaos Lord

It was Gabriel's Judgement Day Horne.

Seriously, though, this is an interesting subject. Always when people say they have heard strange noises from the Sky, it makes me thing of D4rkKn1ght's "Predictions", where, among other things, people would hear sounds from the Sky.

I tend to not believe him though, he sounded much too angry and avoided too many questions, but it never the less makes me think of that specifically.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I remembering seeing a bit on TV about microphones being placed all over the world for some kind of sound monitoring network. The show said some of these mics are on island out in the middle of no where and some are out in the wildness miles from any where. I only got to see the last part of the show. Can any one tell more about what the show was about in more detail. I checked online but can not find any thing mostly because I do not know how to word it. I was just wondering if this sound monitoring network in the show has something to do with these odd sounds.

Sound out of no-where? I remembering doing a thread on this that was shoot down real quick. Maybe I was onto something after all.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A co-worker of mine who lives nearby also heard the noise whice makes it creepy.....

He said it sounded unlike anything he's ever heard and he also experienced the rumbling ground.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just got word from a few teacher friends that they heard the same sound in Port Jefferson and Northport.
People around here keep saying fireworks but there is no possible way that they could hear the Belmont fireworks from Port Jeff. Also, I didn't hear anything about the ground rumbling, and I personally didn't feel anything. If anyone else has any info please post here. Thanks

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

I've been hearing it all night!

Exactly how you described it, sounds like a plane stuck in the air.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Had the noise here in east yorkshire lastnight. Not sure if its the same one. But it was like a whosshing and clanking nosie thats sounded real loud but distant at the same time. It was my gf who noticed it and she was a bit worried about it. for some reason I wasn't surprised and told her lots of people have been hearing it and went to sleep.
edit on 10-2-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join