It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US lawmakers request UN observers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Several members of the House of Representatives have requested the United Nations to send observers to monitor the November 2 US presidential election to avoid a contentious vote like in 2000, when the outcome was decided by Florida.

UN Observers Requested

They want U.N. observers deployed throught the United States. Isn't this how it is supposed to start. Since when do the U.S. elections need foreign monitors? What is next, U.N. peace keepers (our national guard is in Iraq) to help in a natural disaster?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
can you say NWO?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Its called paybacks for all the times we stuck our noses in everyone elses elections. We would have requested the same for other countries had they experienced what we did 4 years ago.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Sorta sounds like baby steps to program the US for that One World Government...maybe that was an X-File episode...

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What did we experience 4 years ago Indy?

We experienced a constitutional election, I suggest you just stuff a sock in your fat mouth unless you know what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why is it steps to a one world government when it happens to us but a quest for democracy when it happens to someone else? All it does is show in my opinion how much we have taken steps backwards when it comes to democracy in this country. When we are so bad that our own members of government have to request help in our elections.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Indy you don't seem to understand anything about the world.

In 1914 there were approximately 15 nations on the earth, most all were Empires.

In the year 2004 we are just shy of 200 nations.

Who do you think created most of these nations? The UN.

Who do you think created the UN? The nation formerly known as The United States of America. (See my signature).

It became the responsibility of the liberals to promote democracies as one theory stated that democracies will not go to war as easily with eachother as autocracies will.

This has been proven true.

Also, the UN will not be monitoring our elections, this is either completely false or put forth by very stupid Representatives.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hello FreeMason,

Why do you think the U.N. will not respond the representatives' request? I would think the U.N. would surely love the opportunity to show up the U.S.

I know it's only nine Congressional Reps that made the request. Maybe too little political clout?

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join