It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every American should watch this....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
What I think is pretty simple.... for $49.50 Stansberry's Investments will give you it's weekly newsletter and it's thoughts on the 4 investments you can not be without.

Following the link provided in the OP, I attempted to listen to the entire presentation and quickly found that only 4-8 were available. I found that odd so did an google search for the last 4 parts. I found them, I listened to them. If you would like to listen to the final part, feel free. The previous 7 parts build up to the final sales pitch for this investment firm.

While I agree with Airspoon completely, and I do not dispute the the history lesson provided in the videos (which if you have not heard the entire presentation I would recommend it) this message is coming from someone who just may be using fear to make some sales. A lot of people are worried about the economy and rightly so, that also leaves plenty of room for others to make a buck now.
edit on 5-12-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

This is the same tactic our gov't uses. PLACE A FEAR IN YOUR VICTIMS and you will have them eating out of your hands. Another buisness practice, buisness as usual. FEAR FACTOR. I'M sure you will see alot more of this stuff going on these days. I'm surprised that A.T.S allowed this on here, the selling of a product. Maybe we all should sell something here on A.T.S.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
Good Post: Very interesting !! It is a view of an individual that has done extensive research in this field. There are going to be people that mock it and there will be some agreeing. Having an interest and knowledge in world economy issues i would be careful not thinking about how secure you actually are in life. Yes some say go to hell and thats ok... Have you got some sort of insurance like House, Contents, Life, Car, Medical yadda yadda well most have insurance because we are paranoid that something may happen... Folks there is going to be an event very soon ! you will wake up one morning and go OMG ! how did this happen ? Collapse of the world financial struture !! Insure your self by preparing !! Good Luck !
Did you BUY his book? How do you know it works? Are you taking his word because of the speech? Sure the speech is somewhat correct, but does that mean his book is going to save you? I SUGGEST YOU BUY IT NOW, IT WILL SAVE YOU IN THE COMMING YEARS.
HEY, i have a bridge to sell you, just go to my website and i will sell you a cheap, cheap bridge that you can charge a toll to people who cross it. OK.

edit on 5-12-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
So i just checked with my Michigan peeps and they are still using the dollar and I live in Mass and haven't hard of any BerkShares being passed around as currency. My dad antiques a ton up that way and he would of said something and found a way to acquire some. Regardless great presentation and yes the dollar is in its last days. Just look around. Weeks outside of X-Mas and the price of everything is goin up. Usually the ptb have some X-Mas spirit and don't spike the gas but not this year
edit on 5-12-2010 by BlastedCaddy because: eff the man!

The MSM has reported nationally on the local use of alternative currencies in various cities and towns. I live in Michigan and have heard of the town referred to and it's use of an alternative currency. It was reported on one of the local Detroit channels a few months back. Do a quick Google search and you'll find confirmation of this Michigan town's use of said currency as well as other town's and cities in other states doing the same. It's a local thing.
edit on 12/5/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo and additional clarification

PLEASE, show us the proof.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They are probably accepting these currencies because they are located by a major water area that does alot of shipping and the peoples on the ships have said currencies and these towns let them use these currencies to buy things in said towns. I have been around the world, YOU CAIN'T FOOL ME. This happens all over the globe already. This rant is only for the ignorant.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The whole 8 part video amounts to an infomercial to subscribe to his newsletter. The company was sued for fraud. The info is presented in a "psychological thriller" method to really try and get you afraid enough to put up some money.

Search the internet for the "company name + fraud". I did and there seems to be a fair amount of info out there.

In spite of the motivation behind the video I think it behooves us all to take note that the dollar probably will be replaced as the world's currency, posssibly by a single world wide currency.

So be it. The world will go on. There will be adjustments, but I don't think there will be riots in the streets and scavenging for food by city dwellers in a totally collapsed system. Like everything else, take note of what makes sense and use your common sense.

I would not pay this man the $49 or whatever for his newsletter. Some of those who did said it was worthless and some said it was useful. I will keep my money in my own pocket, thank you very much.
edit on 12/5/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

The whole 8 part video amounts to an infomercial to subscribe to his newsletter.

I agree.

In spite of the motivation behind the video I think it behooves us all to take note that the dollar probably will be replaced as the world's currency, posssibly by a single world wide currency.

While I agree that eventually our currency will be replaced, not only as the reserve currency, but also as the international standard for commodities. However, I highly doubt that it will be a world currency that is used. Our empire is simply not yet at that stage and I fear that our economy won't be able to hold as long as it would take to get to that stage. That would be a good 50-100+ years before we could even think of or consider a one world-currency.

So be it. The world will go on. There will be adjustments, but I don't think there will be riots in the streets and scavenging for food by city dwellers in a totally collapsed system. Like everything else, take note of what makes sense and use your common sense.

I do not agree with this, however. You see, the only value that our currency has, is that it is the international standard currency for commodities. Without this designation, the money or your pocket would be worth "zilch". We have far too much debt and our trade deficits are much to too large. We wouldn't be able to import the things that we need and/or want. This means food, fuel, etc... Our economy would literally collapse and seeing how this country doesn;t produce enough food to feed everyone, people would go hungry, basically over night. In fact, not only would they go hungry, but they would also go cold/hot (depending on the season). Electricity would go out in a lot of places and our infrastructure would literally crumble, as nobody would be willing to work for free. Correction, most would not be willing to work for free. People aren't going to pile into their cubicles for what amounts to free service, especially as their family is starving or freezing.

The simple reality is that we import much more than we export. We consume much more than we produce and sadly, we don't even produce enough to sustain ourselves. That has been dismantled over the last 40 or so years, excellerated over the past 20. Thus, our money is only worth something because it is the international standard for commodities.

Your telling me that there wouldn't be riots if hyperinflation occurrs? All of the sudden the $50 - 150,000 USD in your savings are pretty much worthless. You may be able to wheelbarrel it in for a loaf of bread, only to be robbed for that loaf of bread down the street by a man just trying to feed his hungry children.

Sadly, most Americans have completely dependent on government, whether it be for protection, for substenance, for shelter or for their very livelihood. What happens when the government can no longer provide? People will be forced to do whatever it takes to feed their families.

You know, when this happened to other countries, such as the UK, these countries at least had some kind of industry to fall back on. They still had at least a little production left, thus they didn't go belly up. We have pretty much diddled our industry away. We have absolutely nothing to fall back on.

The same thing during the Great Depression 1, here in the States. We still had insudtry to fall back on. We hadn't yet destroyed any resemblance of industry

Lets then look at Katrina in New Orleans. Think about Katrina, where people essentially rioted, though they weren't really successful because the government was there to save the day, whether it was through the National Gaurd, FEMA, the police or the Coast Gaurd. If our currency collapses, these entities won't be there to save you.

Although the government has stockpiles of oil and fuel, they are going to need that to save themselves or the government itself. It would literally be futile to launch operations all over the US to resemble order or protect you or maybe even feed and shelter you.

The fact of the matter is that the only thing making our dollar worth anything, is that is is used as the international standard for trading commodities. Sadly, due to the huge amounts of debt (by the likes of which the world has never seen), large deficits, lack of production, massive consumption and dependency on government, we would be in a hard place when our currency collapses.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
move to Canada before they close the boarder on US.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I don't doubt that some degree of hardship and possibly even rioting or "meltdown" will happen. It is unavoidable. The mere amount of debt itself just boggles the mind and surely seems impossible to contend with.

On the other hand, a lot of people with a lot of resources have an huge investment in and need for keeping things running. The current financial system has got to go, but chaos is surely not necessarily the only outcome; at least not for very long.

So people will have to learn to do with less. There is a huge amount of frivolous consumption that Americans do that they could live without. It won't kill them. No one can be absolutely sure about how all of this will play out, but I personally don't think it will turn out as bad as you do. Who really knows?

The guy who produced that video tho seems to still be very interested in getting greenbacks from everyone's accounts into his. I think that says something about how sincere he was in his predictions.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You know the absolute scariest scenarios I have heard or read online all come from "buy gold folks".
Typical:

"The market will falls so hard the concussion will ignite the atmosphere , Fire and brimstone; dogs and cats sleeping together!!!!!!but follow my 3 easy steps in my special report and you could get returns of up to 75%!!! on your investments" death to financial suits...
edit on 5-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
You know the absolute scariest scenarios I have heard or read online all come from "buy gold folks".
Typical:

"The market will falls so hard the concussion will ignite the atmosphere , Fire and brimstone; dogs and cats sleeping together!!!!!!but follow my 3 easy steps in my special report and you could get returns of up to 75%!!! on your investments" death to financial suits...
edit on 5-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Your absolutely correct, but it doesn't make the situation any less true.

Money hungry charlatans will make money on the way up the global economic curve, and will make money on the way down the curve, which we are seeing with this.

Not the first time people try to make money out of a dangerous and real situation, offering solutions and investments. Best not to let them distract us from whats real

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

vehemes,

Thank you for your post. It is absolutely critical for people out there to know of the impending disaster that is about to hit fiat currencies in general. I'm up north in Canada and know that if the U.S. Dollar plummets it will also have huge consequences in general to the world. Again thank you for such a critical post for what people are wondering what is going on. You've just made a new friend : )

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is only half true. The Treasury just doesnt print money when it wants. It does this through bonds and other means. Our financial system may take a hit, but it will not fail, not only because our money is tied into so many other economies, but becasue we are one of the biggest consumers of the world, and losing one of your best customers is not an option for many. Fact it this is a global issue, and we all need each other to profit in a monetary system.

I am sick of the doomsday stuff everyone feels is always gonna happen with nothing to support it other than one persons opinion or vague translation of fact.

yes things will get worse, and yes it will turn around, period.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hello again ATS members, thank you for your contributions thus far and thank you to those who have answered questions for me, legends.

Hey bjsmi2, thanks I too thought this was an interesting presentation. Porter has definitely done his research. He mentioned it took him a few months to put it all together. Be prepared for the worst, hope/strive for the best.

Hey this_is_who_we_are, cheers for the support, good posts

Hey Nomad451, I agree everyone should watch this. I was heading to work when I posted this and couldn't think of a decent title. I'm sure it will still catch the attention of the internationals. Australia and over here in little New Zealand will be heavily affected by the dollars demise as we are so closely tied through the reserve banks. Keep up the good fight across the ditch mate. Awareness and education of these upcoming problems are vital.

Hey R3KR, thnkas for the link to all 8 clips. I personally think he is the real deal. He offers a 4 month trial for free and you can keep his work if you aren't satisfied. Try the related news link in the OP for more info. The 1 year sub is half price at $49.50 or about 15 cents a day, pretty cheap considering the work that has been put in.

Xtraeme hi there, a sophisticated form of musical chairs, nice analogy. The Federal Reserve and the money masters behind it are scamming the world. It is the root of the an evil tree with many branches....

Hey theRhenn, thank you, it was passed onto me by a friend and I thought the inquisitive members at ATS would perhaps benefit from it. You raise some good points. I don't think the system will collapse entirely but I do believethere will be massive changes to everyday living and many will see their net worth plummet. In my opinion Porter is just trying to help his fellow Americans avoid the worst of it. All the best, there is always hope.

Hey LazyGuy, thank you for the link to berkshares and an interesting idea you have there....

Hey nite owl, weak first post man. Did you watch the other 7 clips? I think he is genuinely trying to inform a largely unknowing public of rough times ahead. You can call that fear tactics if you want but judging but the time, effort and free 4 month trial I would say you are way off.

Your second post is even worse, he is offering a FREE 4 MONTH TRIAL. Not everyone is just in it for themselves and to maximise profits.

Your 3rd post, how about some proof that Porter is a just a scammer?

Your 4th! "YOU CAIN"T FOOL ME."??? "This rant is only for the ignorant"??? Come on mate, try offering some counter evidence or something instead of a "probably". Peace

Wayno, I think this is slightly more than an infomercial. Since you have done a search do you think you could possibly provide some links? Also, you DON"T think there will be riots and food scavenging in the major cities if the system totally collapses
I would have to totally disagree with you there.

What don't you keep your money and take the free 4 month trial, heck if you still don't like his offer you can even keep it for free! Common sense mate, view the material before piping up. Peace

Airspoon, you agree that this is nothing more than an informercial???

In my opinion a one world currency could be ushered in far more rapidly than 50 years given the right set of circumstances. The PTB are getting pretty good with the old Problem-Reaction-Solution.

I agree with the rest of your post, very well written. Did you miss my reply to you? had a few questions for you if you don't mind..... Peace

Hey openyoureyes, I love Canada! If I lived in the US I would probably be heading in that direction.

Wayno again, because $ is in the equation he is not as sincere? Well that would include many well respected freedom fighters out there. Why shouldn't he recieve a little compensation for his months of research? It's $49.50 for a year! Probably only barely covers his expenses, and remember, FREE 4 MONTH TRIAL!

Hey xyonanexus, thank you for your post
I too think it is critical that people are aware of how bad the economy is and could get. You too have made a friend
Peace

And lastly GTOWarrior hello there. There is a lot more to support this "doomsday stuff" than one persons opinion and or a vague translation of fact. Might want to look into it.

Things will most likely get worse, may I ask how you know it will turn around "period" ??
??

Thanks again everyone, sorry if I was brash with some, long day. All the best out there people, more comments are most welcome. Peace out

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
great videos!
I loved every minute of it besides not liking how slowly and dispassionately he talked for most of the time. So basically the dollar WILL crash, it's only a matter of time now, and I'm wont to trust him because his other predictions were right as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
www.x-rates.com... looks pretty stable considering the melt down to me just go there and you can go back to 1995 to present and check exchange rates

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

One of the comments I read out there was that his company was not making money on its investments so much as on the subscriptions. I guess my position is that I give more credence to his concerns with the dollar than I do to his supposedly sure fire solutions. His claims in that regard are probably a scam insomuch as there is likely nothing special or spectacular about them. You can correct me on that once you start receiving them, k?

If he was so altruistic, why would he not include those supposedly simple, sure-fire and safe things in his video? Why would he even need a monthy magaizine if his main points are so simple? Obviously they are not the be-all and end-all that he is attempting to suggest in his propaganda video.

I don't know what the solution is. I agree we need to think about protecting our nest eggs somehow, but the old addage of "diversify" is about the only thing that makes sense still.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sounds true so far, only, I cannot listen to a presentation loading so damn slow.
I don't know, does this guy want his voice in HD or what?

Anybody can tell that an economy where 90% of capital movements are speculative is going to crash some day.
Value should be based on products and goods and services, no one can "create" monetary value out of thin air - it is as simple as that.

Call me a Marxist if you will but anyone who makes profit on sheer speculation is taking the value away from all the other people.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i just watched this video this evening. it was offensive. not for what you might think.

a lot of the facts anyone could put together. its facts we at ATS exchange and discuss.
what annoyed me was I watched this whole video(already knowing most of these things from my own research & learning) to find out the end was a sales pitch.

its like I will only tell you how you can help yourself if you buy my subscription or buy this book. that BS. if this guy really cared and wanted to help people he would include that and not try to get people to buy crap.

I am tempted to buy it and post it all over the net. just so others DO NOT have to pay for it. also if someone has this info they should be posting it.

it kinda reminded me of the whole kevin trudeau (sp?) books. they instantly sounded like a scam to me.
i wasnt expecting a sales pitch in this video.

also it was the newer video I watched (it was updated apparently) I kept seeing ads on tv for it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
just wanted to add this link to this thread. it basically explains what they want you to pay for. so now you dont need too. also it explains why some of it isnt such a great idea.
4 assest you don't have to report

and the one best asset you can have in a crisis, that only like what 1% of people have (according to this video) is as I thought. FARMLAND!

there you go, now you dont gotta pay for a subscription! =)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join