It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States of Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
www.lewrockwell.com...
Governments since the start of governments have used fear to exercise control over the citizens they govern. People are always willing to cede a few of their freedoms to be safe. With the fall of the Soviet Union and the end of the cold war the US lost it's fear factor. As a consequence a new fear was established - terrorism. Fear of terrorism has caused all of us to relinquish some of our basic rights. We, the people have have allowed our sacred constitution to be virtually set aside to fight terrorism. Soon we will be in a police state and we will no longer fear terrorism but rather our own government. The link is to an article by Tom Englehardt and is both interresting and informative. Give it a read.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

The real terrorist are the one's who call others the same.
The real terrorist are the one's who call others the same.
That which you live in fear of is what terrifies you.
Not death,but overpowering,subduing,demeaning,destructive AUTHORITY.
Government=terrorist.

If ya can't see it,somebody needs to pull the Wool from over your eyes.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
For a great read

Michael Crichton "State of Fear"

proves the agenda and how global warming is false

there is more footnoted non fiction in this novel than any other that i have read

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Dang, I always thought we were:

The United Corporations of America

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

reply to post by BadBoYeed

One of my all-time favorite books! Another is the last one he published before his untimely death. "Next" speaks to the dangers of bio-engineering, mixing DNA across species (ape & human; parrot & human) and gets into the whole 'gene patenting' issue. It's real. You may not own the rights to all of your own flesh and blood! The storyline presented is frightening in its plausibility. The disclaimer says something along the lines of "This book is entirely fictional. Except for the parts that aren't."

He tried to intervene to stop the gene patenting. Personally, I think they 'took him out.' He knew too much. He was making to many waves (logical, therefore, dangerous ones!)

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/5 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

The real terrorists are those who live in mansions, and look down at their slaves from high rising buildings.

People living in caves cause an extreme small amount of terrorism, but if you magnify anything, it will look huge, look at the Church which wanted to burn the Quran?? It was extremely small, but when magnified by the Media it became huge.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I couldn't have said it better myself. I've found, for the most part, it's the "Baby Boomers" who follow their leaders like Lemmings off a cliff. They grew up during the Cold War, when their government protected them. Now, they are allowing their government to do the same thing. If they have to piss all over their fundimental human rights to be safe, then that is what they feel they must do.
They don't understand that power really does corrupt. They don't understand that there are people ABOVE their leaders. It's the "Generation Xers", and "Generation Yers", that are asking all the questions. Those questions are being laughed at because we're just kids, (anyone under 40), and don't know what we're talking about.
We're the truely enlightened ones. We can see a wolf in sheeps clothing. We may not know exactly what's happening, but we have a pretty damn good idea.
Our rights are being set aside, so the New World Order can take control of us.
THEY are using the "War on Terror" to control us like drones. The kicker is: We let them!
This is what's happend to the world.... Well, mostly North America, because the Europeans drank that Kool-Aid a long time ago..... And they Now call the NWO, the EU.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
www.lewrockwell.com...

Great article, great thread title and soooooooo true. Thanks.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions of Use – Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

join