It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS: Prediction - No "history changing" cables will be released !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Like most people, I was all hyped up with WikiLeaks pre-release rhetoric in which Assange asserts that this latest monumental batch of leaked diplomatic documents will "rewrite history".

Now, I'm sure that like many others following the WikiLeak saga, I was expecting to have such outstanding claims verified by the immediate release of one or more cables that contained information of such diabolical nature that history as we know it would indeed begin to be "re-written" before our very eyes.

But here we are a week down the track with almost 1000 cables released for public consumption and I have to ask the question ....

Why are we seeing no sign whatsoever of these history altering cables ?

And please, refrain from falling back on the excuse that WikiLeaks are carefully managing the release of the cables so that we're not overloaded with info or that WikiLeaks are holding back the most sensitive cables until last.

As far as I'm concerned, if incredible claims are being made, then incredible evidence should be presented immediately to validate said claims ... so far WikiLeaks have failed to validate said claims by failing to release as few as ONE cable containing such information.

Therefore, I conclude that if we haven't seen positive proof or evidence that such cables even exist by now, then I'm wiling to wager we never will.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
the best thing about history changing is that its all about perspective

a cable saying that China organized the attack on google may be history changing for some people, since its more related to them

so, they always can say this and that to justify those words

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't know what planet you're living on but from where I sit, Wiki Leaks may not be changing history but it sure as hell is changing our future. You're getting ready to see a man prosecuted for doing nothing more that passing along information. The same info I might add, that the msm is passing along. It is responsible for gently showing people who up to this point have been sound asleep, that their reality has been based on a cleverly crafted illusion.

We here on ATS may already know this but for the average Joe six pack this sort of thing is changing entire world views. Be more optimistic and hope for the best. This could turn out to be just what humanity needed. truth is being spread and has now gained enough momentum as to take on a life of its own, with or without Julian Assange. The truth has brokewn free and is stretching his bones. You can either greet it with anticipation or get Bitch slapped upside the head with it but one thing is for sure......It's here to stay!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
the best thing about history changing is that its all about perspective

a cable saying that China organized the attack on google may be history changing for some people, since its more related to them

so, they always can say this and that to justify those words

Mu understanding of his claim that the release will "rewrite history" is that the reference was to global history and not just say Chinese history alone, or American history alone, or European history alone.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Lets say that turns out to be true, so why all attempts by the powerfull to try and stop you and me from reading what they release?

Why is some bloke in the US (see ATS thread on this or youtube video) urging another person (Obama) to enage in terrerrorism by saying that Obama should take out a contract on Julien Assange? Exactly what has Assnage been convicted of in a court of law that makes him a sutable candidate for assassination??

Please correct me if wrong but as I understand US law on terrorism is that any person who encourages another person to carry out acts of terrorism is punnishable by a goal term. Is that not correct? If this is correct who has this bloke not been arrested, but thats another matter.

If all the informtion Wikileaks releases turns out to be nothing of any conequence all it proves is that the reason for trying to silence Wikileaks and those behind it, is that it is nothing more than trying to put a rival who threathens the control and power the TPTB currently have, out of busienss, dont you agree?

cheers

Where

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yes, as I've stated in my own similar thread, the manner in which relatively mundane cables are seemingly being "dribbled" out a few at a time seems to me to be a very strange way of going about the business of disclosure.
And also the quite obvious lack of any cable release containing any "revelation of substance" is hard to fathom considering the pre-release hype and buildup from Assange that these cables would be of monumental significance and importance.

Sorry to say but I've been waiting for a week now and have yet to see any such cable.
edit on 4/12/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Much of conspiracy theories and facts have already been discussed in ATS.

If they revealed 911 was an insider job, that might be "history changing" for the public but not for us. Same goes to Mumbai bombings, Princess Diana assassination, etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
Much of conspiracy theories and facts have already been discussed in ATS.

If they revealed 911 was an insider job, that might be "history changing" for the public but not for us. Same goes to Mumbai bombings, Princess Diana assassination, etc.

Actually I beg to differ.

If 911 was shown to be an insider job, then indeed global history would definitely change as the prime motivational factor behind our "terrorism driven" society would prove to be false. If 911 had never happened in the manner portrayed now by our history books, you can bet that our current world view and society itself would be radically different ... perhaps no invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq ... perhaps no Homeland Security and associated anti-terrorism laws ... perhaps no bombing of the London underground ... perhaps no intrusive TSA backscatter or patdown security measures in airports ... perhaps no WikiLeaks disclosures etc ... etc

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
We here on ATS may already know this but for the average Joe six pack this sort of thing is changing entire world views. Be more optimistic and hope for the best. This could turn out to be just what humanity needed. truth is being spread and has now gained enough momentum as to take on a life of its own, with or without Julian Assange. The truth has brokewn free and is stretching his bones. You can either greet it with anticipation or get Bitch slapped upside the head with it but one thing is for sure......It's here to stay!

This will actually show quite the opposite. Once Assange and the leaks are submerged, and the usual 'experts' denounce them as disinformation, Joe six pack will have the comfort of being sure that Assange was a slight lunatic, and that he can keep on doing his X-Mas shopping by putting yet another bill on his credit card, that he will never be able to afford to pay, and he can continue his dozing heading towards nothing more than fancy slavery.

In 20 years time he (Assange) and the leaks will be nothing more than a footnote in the wikipedia of the time.

Assange chew much more than he can bite, and he was probably convinced the world would rally behind him against the oppressors. He is in for a lesson, his last one.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I said this before hand and i never bothered with them last time.

What can they really bring out?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Yes, as I've stated in my own similar thread, the manner in which relatively mundane cables are seemingly being "dribbled" out a few at a time seems to me to be a very strange way of going about the business of disclosure.
And also the quite obvious lack of any cable release containing any "revelation of substance" is hard to fathom considering the pre-release hype and buildup from Assange that these cables would be of monumental significance and importance.

Sorry to say but I've been waiting for a week now and have yet to see any such cable.
edit on 4/12/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

Oh , but you are mistaken. They are relevant. With full capital letters, RELEVANT. They are showing how governments can silence someone with absolute impunity, under the vigilant eyes of the world,, without the said world barely raising a finger. That is really relevant. Just shows how low the human species sunk to.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Why is everyone expecting huge revelations from these cables. They are classified as secret at most. Any really earth shattering info will be classified at a much higher level.

We are talking about info an army private had access to. As far as we know this is the only source wikileaks has. If there is more damning info it will be in the insurance file.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have been having very odd dreams and spooky stuff going on lately. I hope that I won't get in trouble for saying this.... but I believe the insurance file to contain evidence that Diana and Dodi were assassinated, in order to make "revenge" for 9/11 more palatable for the west. The reason for 9/11 was yep you guessed oil.

I also believe there will be another attack on New York involving a dirty bomb, which will be "traced" back to Iran, which will then lead to a new war and take-over by the US, for more oil in Iran.
I don't know when this dirty bomb thing will happen, but they will link it to Al Qaeda.

I had this dirty bomb dream about 6 years ago and seemed incredibly real as I was viewing the event on the TV as a news bulletin. Really wished I'd noticed the date.

So, yes these current leaks do seem pretty insignificant but, if I'm right about Diana at least, then this will indeed re-write modern history.
I also believe Assange has wisely chosen Britain to hand himself in to, as they know that his insurance file content will affect the British public the most. He is a very smart man.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This whole thing has turned out to be all nothing.
Since it would appear to censored by the governments anyway,.
Leaving me to believe that Mr wiki has no real releasing power in the first place.

Any of the "secrets" released have been unimportant and dull.
Too bad really,.
Seems to be just another test tool
edit on 18-12-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: cause I can

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
First things first. 2,000 cables have been released.

Another 248,000 to go.

Next up are the banks, the Russians, and who knows what else.

So far, we have a case of child sex slavery in Afghanistan, a mass espionage directed at the UN, open calls to invade Iran from Saudi Arabia and Israel, and again..... we're not even 1% of the way through the cables.

Now let's run through the list of companies that have shut down Wikileaks donations. PayPal, Amazon, Bank of America, Mastercard, Visa.

Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh have called Wikileaks a terrorist organization, and have suggested that Julian Assange be openly assassinated.

Assange said that a Bank of America insider gave him a hard drive with 5GB of material on it.

Patience, people. Patience. It's all coming out. This is going to be huge.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Looking forward to it all, myself. This is whistleblowing on an almost cosmic scale. In my opinion, the almighty US of A has been able to shoot down any negative info with relative ease...until now. It seems like they thought they could quietly sweep Assange under the rug with nary a peep from the world. As recent events have proven, this wasn't the case. The actions of few ( particularly right-wing nutjobs who seem to think the world is our litterbox) just indicate to me that there could be some truly damning stuff in there. Only 1%...1%...has been released and our government is screaming for his blood, when he isn't even a US citizen and has actually broken no US law? Are we that arrogant to assume that we can dictate to the world what they can and cannot publish?

Freedom of the Press. Assange has it right. Sorry for the rant.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
First of all, WikiLeaks isn't just about cables. It's just that is what they got this time. Secondly, the cables are all from SIPRNET, a somewhat secret-like network that something like 3 to 5 million people have access to (depending on your source.) I don't see how you can claim anything that millions of people have access to "secret." Thirdly, most all the cables that were leaked were not even rated with the "Secret" classification scheme, though some were. Fourthly, a "Secret" classification is not all that secret. There is only one classification below "Secret," and that is "Confidential," which no one uses any more. In other words, "Secret" is the new "Confidential."

Bottom line is that these cables, though a bit embarrassing in places where people spoke candidly, don't really show much. Although WikiLeaks has created quite a stir on places like ATS, more sober analysts such as Stratfor don't think it's that big a deal. WikiLeaks would certainly like to get its hands on something truly sensational, but so far that hasn't happened. and if it did, the consequences would be much more severe. If anyone ever leaks Top Secret documents, they'd better be able to cover their tracks a lot better than Manning did. Manning is a small potatoes guy who managed to leak a lot of small potatoes documents.

The real "tell" here is that all the governments involved are following legal procedures. If this were truly big, that wouldn't be done. It would just be taken care of discretely. Those who thiink the "CIA did it" with Julian's condom legal troubles ought to read this: The wildly promiscuous lifestyle of WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange: Look away now Jemima as our report reveals the sordid truth from our friends at the Daily Mail.
edit on 12/20/2010 by schuyler because: spelling, as usual

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Everything that could upset the status quo has been edited into uselessness. Assange is part of the system, and the purpose of the cables is simply to create a magic show.

Wikileaks needs to release all the cables, unredacted, in a giant torrent if they want to maintain any credibility at all at this point. Releasing a few heavily edited cables per day that barely shine any light on the situation is just a joke and anybody in the know can see that. This move was made to impress 19 year old kids, not people who think about diplomacy and long term national strategy. I also believe it was made to embarrass the conservatives, as you might notice that cables painting Clinton as an ass (such as Balkan related materials, which could no doubt be juicy as heck) are strangely absent.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

top topics

join