It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are ALL ADDICTED... Mentally / Physically, Please READ THIS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I respect your decisions sir, Faith WILL liberate you. Just have Faith in God and Jesus Christ and everything will be ok! that's what I love about the Bible, it has ALL of the answers, you just have to listen to God and you never have to worry again! so good luck and have faith with the choices you are making in life, just remember that your family is there for you and make sure to listen to their good advice

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

what? no, what are you saying? listen to yourself: 'you deserve every scent of the money that is taken from me that I have no choice whether or not to pay', I applaud his decision not to file for support from the government, instead beseech God, your creator, for help! His help is eternal, and the US government's help is not

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Apologies for a non-coddling reply. I am sure you knew there was a fee before you entered. You just assumed this guy would say, "sure go on through the toll gate for free." Why would he? He didn't see you drive in and drop someone off. Did you stop at the desk (or gate) and ask for permission to drop someone off on this private property? This responsible action may have gotten you a pass if you would have been courteous enough to ask before crashing the gates. Follow the rules, like you are supposed to, in the adult world. No one owes you anything, and you would not be hurting someone else if you got a job. You would actually help by contributing to society. It seems to me that this weak mentality, and the empowerment of said mentality, is the downfall of a lot of youth. Man up!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
reply to post by drkid

Apologies for a non-coddling reply. I am sure you knew there was a fee before you entered. You just assumed this guy would say, "sure go on through the toll gate for free." Why would he? He didn't see you drive in and drop someone off. Did you stop at the desk (or gate) and ask for permission to drop someone off on this private property? This responsible action may have gotten you a pass if you would have been courteous enough to ask before crashing the gates. Follow the rules, like you are supposed to, in the adult world. No one owes you anything, and you would not be hurting someone else if you got a job. You would actually help by contributing to society. It seems to me that this weak mentality, and the empowerment of said mentality, is the downfall of a lot of youth. Man up!

Very good post right here, I agree with it 100%.
And maybe you shouldn't have ditched out on your boss on your last day of work, as he would have been a good reference for finding another restaurant job. (bus boy isn't bad as I have worked as one in multiple restaurants. Getting tipped is an extra bonus that is rarely associated with most youth jobs.) Considering you 'loved the place', I'm sure you must have been a pretty decent employee and they had good feelings towards you. I'm 24 and currently work at a golf course right now (cutting greens, repair and maintenance) and let me tell you that job can be hell on the back as mine hurts at the end of each day (working two weeks straight only getting the second weekend off), but it's all about manning up in the end because you know that you are not the only one who has to bust your balls, and that you doing a good job matters, and helps others. As another person said here you should have been looking for another job before just abruptly quitting because face it, to an older man, a young and healthy 21 year old man's back isn't going to get damaged beyond repair for having to work 2 more weeks pulling around 13 trash bags, which are probably never full all the time or at least all at the same time. If they are heavy then take your time and lift with your legs (don't be lazy lol).
Now 2 weeks of this could have been pulled off if you just manned up and had been responsible.. but the fact that you pussed out on the last day you told your boss you would come in is just inexcusable.. sorry

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything as you seem like you are a generally nice guy, but I know the whole "# the system" mentality and most of the time it's coming from your own shortcomings that you choose to blame on something, or someone else.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hey!

What a beautiful heart you have! Last March I quit my job because I knew there was something I had to do. I didnt know how I knew it, or what it was, but I just knew it. I have not regretted it for a moment!

In the time between then and now I have been on the most amazing journey of self discovery and a quest for truth about life, all with the burning desire to find a way to help people to free their minds, be true to themselves and live the lives that they deserve. I no longer believe in co-incidence, so you quiting your job, writing this post, and my reading it is a facet of the amazing syncronisity of this divine universe!

What am I going on about?

Are you aware of a statement made by Albert Einstein in which he said, "Human beings only use 10% of their minds?" This is the area that I have been studying, and I believe with 100% of my mind and my soul that I now know the truth behind this statement.

There are two polarised aspects to the human mind, the logical and the intuitive. The Yin and Yang, male and female. What I have come to see is that the ASSUMED reality of the Yang aspect does not allow for the EXISTANCE of the Yin aspect. So for most or all of us, the YANG aspect of our mind believes it is the WHOLE mind. Therefore there is a vital part of ourselves (YIN) that is not able to fullfil its natural function and balance our minds. The symptoms of this imbalance can been seen manifesting on different scales across the world. For example, a politician making decisions with their YANG mind believing it is whole will make choices that lead to war. A person who is at peace with themselves may experience physical dis-eases such as cancer. Another person may have mental health problems, such as schizophrenia, or be violent or abusive towards others. So many of the Earths problems are a direct result of the imbalance present within our minds.

A year ago I did not know my mind was divided. I only became aware of it when my mind was unlocked by a logical demonstration of the unified field theory by a scientist called Nassim Haramein. Albert Einstein worked until his dying hour trying to find the unified field theory, because he knew that it was the key that could unlock the 10% mind. (By the way, before I left my job I had started studying psychology part time, with the intention to reseach ways to help mankind to evolve. I abandoned my studies when my mind was unlocked, because I knew that the answers I sought lay elsewhere.)

I have written a book which contains simple and easy to implement techniques and instructions to help a person to unlock and unite their mind in a natural and painfree way. If you or anyone else would like a FREE PDF copy of my book I will gladly email it to you. However, all I ask in return is that you keep in touch with me and let me know of your progress. It is my hypothesis that as more individuals balance their minds and achieve harmony within themselves, that the world we experience will begin to reflect this harmony back to us. (It is a holographic/fractal universe after all) I indend to measure this as scientifically as possible, by comparing the dates of an individuals progress with that of world events.

So in terms of 2012 and what the ending of the Mayan calendar may signify, I wholly believe that this event marks the point where the energy levels of the world move out of severe imbalance towards harmony. I also believe that we can beat the calendar, and achieve more than the Mayan's predicted we were capable of. Therefore I really would like for as many people as possible to read my book and consider implementing the techniques to balance their mind. When we do this, we clear our mind of beliefs that were programmed into us by our environment, and we can really make up our own minds with personal truths that enhance our lives. With the mind clear of old and untrue beliefs, you can then unleash it's amazing power and achieve levels of genius in all that you put your mind and heart on. What comes next is only the beginning of real life. So far, it has just been the illusion of half the mind believing it is whole.

If you would like to read my book then please email me at [email protected]. I have only just launched this "experiment" in the last week, and so you have the opportunity to get on board at the ground level. II will be available to help and assist you online if and when you should need me, and there is a group account on facebook where participants are able to share their experiences, network and share valubale advice and knowledge.

If you are undecided, you may find it helpful to ask yourself a few questions. Do you believe that your mind is divided?
Have you ever consciously witnessed your mind uniting and becoming one? I have, and it is an amazing experience. Living in harmony with the infinite potential of the mind to explore is even better! This is when the mind and the soul become one. Can you appreciate how much power is lying dormant within you, blocked by the unknown separation within your mind? Can you imagine how many people you will be able to help?

Are you aware of a passage in the Bible that says, "The first will be the last, and the last will be the first." Who is considered last in the world at the moment? The unemployed and poor. You and me, for example. We have something that those with big careers and big money do not have. Time and the loving desire to help others. These two elements combined give us the power to make a difference in this world. That is why we now have the opportunity to be the "first" in the world. The first to unite our minds with our hearts and make things better on this beautiful planet!

I look forward to hearing from you!

with love, peace and happiness!

Laura
xox
[email protected]

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

OK Kudoos for you but, you have to find another job right now even if its at McDonalds you have to keep working.
Second you dont need a cell phone to survive its costing you too much now.I listened to a kid last night who worked 20 hrs a week but he had to have his cell phone.
For your info I have been working continuously since I was 17 and I am now 49 thats 32 years If you want to eat and have a place to stay you need a job, period.
edit on 10-12-2010 by incontenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hello my friend,

I am sorry to hear of your predicament and wish that I could offer you some consolation. Unfortunately, times will get much more difficult before they get better. You have a strong heart and beautiful convictions. Keep your faith through these trying times and know that there is a much more beautiful world on the horizon. Here are some links that may give you a little hope and encouragement.

A Final Warning to All

The Plan

I am not the best writer, but if you take the time to read through them, you will see that you are not alone in your feelings from others who have told their story.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
does anyone see what he is saying? WE ARE ADDICTED
he has the right idea, stepping out of the game we've made up and living the real life.
If we weren't all worried about prices and bills, we'd be out helping our fellow men and women.

Money has individualized us, but now is the age of unity. We have become desensitized to one another and cannot feel how we are actually one beautiful being

start feeling things out a little and realize for yourselves how wrong this way of living is. its clear as air to me

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes, I believe we are "addicted".
The truth is, people are generally weak. If there is an easy way, most will take it whether it is the best option or not. I believe society evolves in that direction, where getting out of your seat to help someone increasingly becomes just too much work. The rat race requires you stay focused, and the rules require conformity.
At some point, the weak will just die. There will be no one, or not enough, to help them survive. They will simply fade like ghosts and slip into an alley somewhere to perish. Or die in a chair, alone in a room with no power.
The Wiemar Republic all over again. Read it, and prepare.
Gloom and doom? Only for those that suspect they will not be able to make it. It is a cold, dark world when society breaks down, and no one wants to make eye contact with you...they can't afford the empathy.
Eventually people will dig deep within themselves and slowly make the world a better place. But, in my opinion, a lot of pain will come first, just like withdrawal.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There is something a friend taught me, it basically says "First you, then the others"

It is not egoistic to think first of one-self so then you can go on ahead and help others.
Just do not go ahead and throw yourself in the mud and hope to acomplish much, it will be very hard to help others if the one who needs help the most is yourself.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There is no shame in collecting unemployment compensation if you are and continue to actively seek for work. It is called unemployment insurance and you and your parents have been paying into that fund for years.

Your passion for life and love for your fellow man is a blessing to us all and we all should and do appreciate your efforts in helping to make this world a better place.

If you got into a car accident would you turn down the money from your car insurance company to get your car fixed would you? No, that would be silly. Unemployment is not welfare. It is there for hard working people like yourself who find themselves going through a tough time financially and to help them get back on their feet.

Be proud you're an American because we got this one right for a change when it comes the systems that 'The Man" has set up. I would much rather see our tax dollars going to help people like yourself, than being spent on more guns and other weapons intended for and used to kill our fellow human beings.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roufas
There is something a friend taught me, it basically says "First you, then the others"

It is not egoistic to think first of one-self so then you can go on ahead and help others.
Just do not go ahead and throw yourself in the mud and hope to acomplish much, it will be very hard to help others if the one who needs help the most is yourself.

This is so true my friend. It is much easier to give and help others when you have the ability to do so. It is also much easier to be heard when you have achieved a certain status and recognition in life.

Use the time of your youth wisely to set yourself up so you don't have to struggle later in life. When you have achieved a higher position in your own life it will be much easier to actually accomplish the higher and attainable goals you have set for yourself.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xinthose
reply to post by Revolution-2012

what? no, what are you saying? listen to yourself: 'you deserve every scent of the money that is taken from me that I have no choice whether or not to pay', I applaud his decision not to file for support from the government, instead beseech God, your creator, for help! His help is eternal, and the US government's help is not

The money is not taken from you or others it was taken from him without his consent. Taxes do not pay for unemployment it is taken from employers in lieu of wages they should have paid the employee. It is not welfare he paid for it though against his will, what's wrong with people that they don't even understand some of the more simple forms of government thefts... Sigh.

Take the unemployment it was stolen from you, so get it back! You're not making any statement or doing anything noble by refusing it, you are doing nothing but hurting yourself by refusing it when you really need it.
edit on 23-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
well if you really wanba help collect uneymployment and send the money to me hahaha!
seriously i sailed on thats same boat your on. try earning a liveing peddeling arts that your gifted whith. other ppl like your self the ones you wish to help will be very ispired!

-j(john)playsguitar

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
YOU ARE THE SOLDIERS CHARLIE SPEAKS OF. WAKE UP and TAKE WHAT IS YOURS.

My friend, I admire your courage and determination but you to are a solider and deserve government payments to assist you in life. You have paid you taxes and deserve this in return.

The Banks and countrys realize the system they have in place but it is there to support ALL people of what country they are in when they need assistance.

I do agree that the rich don't think of the lifestyle of the common citizen but that will change when all people realize the system they are under.

Banks were formed from Law of the sea which is international waters. Private familys that owned the BANKS or land of the country they were began trading with other countrys for the citizens of there country. Countrys traded with each other which created the finances for all. Pirates would operate on the water in the past and could not be held accountable by a counrty due to the sea was clasified as international waters. They would meet attempt to steal but be dealt with in the sea via sinking or become slaves.
Law of the land is each individual countrys law.

We all operate under a triangular structure where the top ( Banks, Kings and Queens, Presidents, Primeministers, Bosses, Captains ect, ) support the bottom in direction or orders while the bottom support the top in labour. This is why there is 1 rich person to 100 poor.

The triangle is what everything is physically. Fuel (food), Heat (hot and cold) and oxygen bought to us through water itself via evaporation of the Sun. This information is in the Pyramids of Giza and was taken to Rome, England and Israel.

Water gives us life and is at the zero point from the sun. The closer you go it evaporates and the further you go it freezes. This is why earth is considered female (mother nature) and the Sun considered Male.

Everything in life is a challenge but we can over come this by thinking of each other.

Fire burns and this is the impact it has on all of us in life. It is a negative for the spirit but the spirit is positive which is why we think of family, friends ect. We are living batterys in life learning for wisdom in death.

Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan with knowledge and ate the forbidden fruit. This is people learning in life.

You sound like a good man. Get what you deserve and don't be afraid of recieving government assistance. They are there to support you even know they don't show it sometimes!

All the Best!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Howdy Do all. First, I have to say the bashing on Florida is just not fair. I was born in Florida, it is my home. I've tried other places and if you think somewhere else is better, then why don't you go there. You can't beat it, except for the flat land, Florida ROCKS!. Sorry, just had to say it.

Now for our young friend, I'm with some of the latter responders, you need to man up. When I was 21, I had already been on my own for 5 years, in Florida, and no matter how bad things looked on the outside, I was and felt invincible. I still do. I'm 44 and I still have the 21 year old girl fighting everyday for satisfaction from the sad world around me, and I am happy doing it. What kind of life would it be with nothing to fight for? What is wrong with our youth that they are a bunch of whiners. Didn't you know, didn't your parents tell you that it was only going to get tougher out there? I'm sure they did. You didn't believe them?

Know in your heart that you are a survivor and that you don't need anyone but yourself. Know that you cannot depend on anyone but yourself. I do agree that we are addicted, but it is programmed into us. You think they don't know that we can't survive today without means to travel and communicate. We are held hostage by big business. Stop allowing it by not buying from big business. Cut off the tv, use a bicycle, eat fresh home grown foods. However, this scheme will not cripple them unless we all do it. Just for one day.

If you want to be a big boy, stand up and speak up about it. make others aware. All you will get here is discouragement and some encouragement to continue to whine.

Not trying to be mean here, but it is just sad to see such a young "whole life ahead of you" person be so unexcited about there life. I guess what we have been handed lately is no real deal, but I think you gotta make your own deals.

I like your post and I hope you find another job that won't hurt your back.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join