It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the U.S. If there was a draft, would you fight or run?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

they wouldn't let me fight when i tried to enlist cuz i was a felon.

let em give me a gun.

ill fight for my country.

i may not go over seas, but i'll definitely fight to take my country back.

let em give me a gun.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I have a reoccuring dream that i am older and holding the neck shut on a boy in my anti tank group.
The way it's going to happen is in my head is this;
There is a knock at the door 3 men in full battle gear when you open the door.
"How many men do have in this house?" Get in the truck here's your weapon,off to fight at the Georgia line if you refuse you are arrested and taken to a work camp instead.
If you protest shot on site and on to the next house.
edit on 12/5/2010 by human32826 because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
As far as the draft goes, at my age I am too old to be drafted now. Even if I were not, I would not fight for this corrupt government. I would fight to protect my friends and family.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It depends upon the war. If it was genuinely WWIII, then I probably wouldn't have to be drafted. If they started a draft for something like another Iraq, though, I'd run. I consider it my duty to our species to not become a trained killer without good cause.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

I guess that makes me a trained killer without a good cause. If it was abroad I would prob get sent over before it was official. If it was on our soil, I would send my wife and little girls somewhere safe whether it be canada, alaska etc, then go with my orders. We fight for what we believe in and until you speak personally with the people you save in foreign countries, I can see how it would be easy to sit at home behind a pc never experiencing war, but being the first one to judge others by calling them killers. At least you know when or if another WW3 breaks out, that us* killers* will be the first ones doing our job...bet you wont complain then

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
So if there was a military draft for say....WWIII...would you fight for our country, or run to Canada etc.

Me, you ask...I would fight. Even though our gov't is horribly corrupt and fighting for the wrong reasons.

It is my duty as an American.

Regardless of TPTB.

What would you do?

edit: i got busy bar tending so i can't reply in real time...sorry
edit on 4-12-2010 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

You say regardless of the PTB ? Then what are you fighting for then? Because that is your patriotic duty to fight for a flag. fight for politicians rather than for the people? Go kill people who have no interest in killing me or affecting my life is not keeping Americans safe. Those Arabs and their huge Navys
To what end... my loyalty is to the people even if it cost me my life and i have to kill my own brothers in the service enforcing Martial law and fearing being killed if resisting. And when they use you to kill off the undesirables they will kill you when you have exceeded your worth. Do you think they care about you in the end after having you kill for them as they sit behind a desk pushing a pen while signing your death warrant next?

And i will not reenlist for the same reason i did not reenlist after 911 and everyone got emotional and bought the sales pitch even when i was broke and the GI bill sounded nice, not worth it. No thanks, Gulf 1 was one thing, Noreaga showdown was Bush Sr's buddies at the CIA's way of cracking down on the competition for example. Disposable heroes have been used as Halliburtons henchmen since 911 under the gist of macho bravado and a illusion of patriotism and heck even before 911 on occasion. And reality is hitting veterans with a dose of "what the f**k" after they have since returned, what do you mean the Government is going to cut off my social security? Im a veteran.. what happened to America? If i fight it will be against THEM - the facilitators of this insanity and actually fight and for YOU this time! Live for something or die for nothing. I have no problem killing but if anything i rather be on a peace keeping mission if anything.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein"
edit on 13-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

If we were fighting the Nazi's again, sure...

But there is no way i am going to invade a country and murder citizens for the greed of another man...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Indeed, my family has fought in every War "besides Gulf 2" going back to the middle ages. They fought off the English occupation of Scotland. They stopped a certain Germanian Horde under the Dictatorship of a madman from assimilating Europa some years ago time and time again. I was in Gulf 1 and Bosnia. Honorable wars, now my countrymen have been reduced to Cretans. And that mad man has returned once again, he will have his subjects commit atrocities once again, people never learn .

The New World?

"The apple does not fall far from the tree"

Our forefathers killed all those natives with the Calvary, and built America on the labor of Slaves, same game just new faces. We are economic slaves now, you can make dough being a merc sure. Feel free, know some things are not worth the price.

Jud Crandall: Sometimes dead is better - Pet Cemetery

The New World:Order

Nothing new here, same Imperialistic expansion of England's crown and the Reich. Everything has gone according to plan says PTB. Some of these kids think playing Call Of Duty gives them some kind of insight in to War lol. They have been desensitized, when dad was a kid he Bailed hay all day and punched trees for fun when he was not stacking bodies in WW2. When bullets are zipping by your head and your feet have foot rot, the rations get low you will see it is nothing fun. Go fight some worthless wars and get it out of your system people.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
So if there was a military draft for say....WWIII...would you fight for our country, or run to Canada etc.

What would you do?

I would fight, and enjoy the chance to be in the military again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join