It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slayer on the Jon Stewart show?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Now, I haven't watched MTV in years...but, in my high school days, from whence this video comes (1995) I watched it frequently and have no recollection of this show. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to stumble on this video of one my favorite bands and, also, one of my favorite current comedy central entertainers...hope you enjoy!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Excellent tune..great effin album too.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hehehe...Jon Stewart saying "Everybody...get ready for Slayer" was so cute

Thanks- Slayer is one of the few bands that hasn't let me down after all these years

edit on 4-12-2010 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I want an encore. Slayer and Jon Stewart: 15 years later. It'd be a thing of beauty.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Great Post,
Now i wana' go grab a beer and turn the stereo up and
make the neighbors think the end is near ! Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh !

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the band slayer? I only listened to the song raining blood. Evey other song sounds alike to my ears.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

27 years and running... Most recent album "World Painted Blood" released in '09.

If it all sounds alike to you, your neurons may be firing too slowly, try caffeine....j/k of course
...to each their own.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Well I that is quite a lot! I listened to Metallic's lasted album and didn't really enjoy it. St. Anger was great though.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
And, don't forget, "God Hates Us All" ...released 9/11/01.... Just had to throw that in here, seems appropriate somehow...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Rad! I was 15 when this came out. Thanks for this post, brother! Man, they have an awesome sound. I love the fade out with the controlled feedback live. Sounds like the song was dragged into hell at the end.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I remember that show when i was a hardcore Christian! Oh my God I raged so much I was about to kill them. Now look at me! haha!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I hate to be *that guy* but I am gonna do it. Sorry to pee in anybodies cheerios or anything, but Metallica's albums stop being good after the "Black Album". Some people do not even like that one, though I think it would play well blasting from on high from the temple of rock.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

The song St.anger was the only one I listened to. I can understand where you're coming from. Look at Guns and Roses. They will never be the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

I'm *that guy* in regards to Metallica too...I equate them now to career politicians who have lost all site of what their constituents want and just go for what the masses will buy. Death Magnetic wasn't terrible...but... Metallica's first four albums...effin' flawless. There on out...plffff.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Yeah, I agree about GNFR...I was listening to november rain the other day. They did have some great songs.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
slayer sucks these days, the last album sounds like a slayer parody and their last decent song is bitter peace from 1998 :|

top topics

join