It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director Woolsey tells Steven Greer he's a liar in 1999 letter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by splint
If anything, this gives Greer more credit. The fact that he had dinner with the CIA directer and talking about UFO/ET stuff. People call him a fraud and some nutjob but I doubt a nutjob would be having dinner let alone KNOW the CIA directer.

- What's Greer doing with the CIA Directer? Hmm

Precisely folks. They wanted/needed to talk to Greer about something. Should we not be asking what?

Originally posted by FireMoon
So one bunch of proven serial liars calling another liar a liar.... and your point is? Were you present at that dinner and party to the conversation? I guess not, so I'm quite sure exactly what you are trying to prove.

Exactly right! The letter proves nothing. Greer may have been dishonest. However, if there is a cover up then the head of the CIA will hardly admit to it people. Come on now, lets be real about this!

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
To debate Greer is to give him substance..

There is no substance, just 100% c**p...

Absolutely wrong! Not everything involving Greer is without substance. It MAY be true that he has profiteered or mislead people. However there are so many unanswered questions about the whistle blowing that went on in his Disclosure Project that we have to be VERY careful not to ignore it.

We should stop allowing ourselves to be diverted by attempts to discredit a well known figure. Whether Greer is squeaky clean OR NOT I find it almost impossible to believe that all of the whistle blowers involved with the Disclosure Project are lying. If they aren't, then the military industrial oligarchy have already made contact with E.T.s , have advanced energy and propulsion systems that are being secretly kept from transforming our lives and/or there has been an INCREDIBLY ELABORATE HOAX.

The actual answer is possibly a complex picture muddied by a massive disinformation campaign unwittingly aided by misinformed, sloppy thinking such as, "Greer told a lie so we are fools to debate anything he has tried to get involved in". That's like saying, just because a gutter tabloid journalist discusses freedom of speech then we should not debate it! Don't be duped guys, that approach is either disinformation or an unhealthy approach to proper open minded research..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If anything, this gives Greer more credit. The fact that he had dinner with the CIA directer and talking about UFO/ET stuff. People call him a fraud and some nutjob but I doubt a nutjob would be having dinner let alone KNOW the CIA directer.

- What's Greer doing with the CIA Directer? Hmm

This is how I've always looked at it.

They deny being "briefed" by Greer while at the same time admitting to having dinner with Greer and his wife and listening to him speak for an extended time.

They probably didn't appreciate it that after this "briefing" - oh sorry, "long conversation at dinner" - Greer started going all around the country loudly bragging about it at lectures and writing about it in his books. And naming Woolsey's name.

So this letter is sort of a public slap on the wrist to Greer for not being more discrete, even though they still admit to having dinner with him.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

If anything, this gives Greer more credit.

You make no sense.

If I proved you lied, would you claim that being proven a liar gives you 'more credit'?

Yep, thats how many on ATS function...the more proof there is of lies, the more convinced they are that its the truth and that "TPTB" in league with the illuminati and reptilians are trying to make it only -seem- like the lie was a lie...

just when you thought gravity existed...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I do not see proof of a lie.

I see total proof that Greer and his wife had dinner with the Woolseys and friends, that much is certain.

The founder of CSETI, and later the Disclosure Project, "just happened" to have dinner with the sitting CIA director I suppose? They were all at some dinner party and just happened to all be seated together by some random coincidence?

I don't think so....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
reply to post by SaturnFX

I do not see proof of a lie.

I see total proof that Greer and his wife had dinner with the Woolseys and friends, that much is certain.

The founder of CSETI, and later the Disclosure Project, "just happened" to have dinner with the sitting CIA director I suppose? They were all at some dinner party and just happened to all be seated together by some random coincidence?

I don't think so....

Oooh, you were there...great

ok, give first hand accounts then of what happened? because for now, we have to choose who is telling the truth, a high ranking political figure, or a guy whom takes pictures of moths and demands they are extraterrestrials...so, really, about equal in credibility...give or take.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Oooh, you were there...great

No, of course not!

because for now, we have to choose who is telling the truth, a high ranking political figure, or a guy whom takes pictures of moths and demands they are extraterrestrials...so, really, about equal in credibility...give or take.

A guy who takes pictures of moths and yet has all these well documented connections to people like Woolsey and Lawrence Rockefeller and Paul Hellyer and Edgar Mitchell and Brian O'Leary and Larry King and Daniel Sheehan and, and, and......

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
One thing is for certain. This letter confirms that the dinner took place. And as many have already said, why would Greer of all people get to have dinner with the CIA director and his wife, etc. You don't just get invited to dinner by the CIA director unless there is reason for it. While the subject being discussed may not have been ufos/aliens, i am certain it was equally important, as otherwise this dinner would have never taken place. Let alone be confirmed.

If i was to guess, i'd say that since greer was going about it correctly in the early days of the disclosure project, that perhaps this dinner was arranged to talk about that and where to go hence-forth.

Honestly though, i have to doubt that as well, because to dine with the CIA director warrants much much more.
edit on 5-12-2010 by HanyouSpirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by HanyouSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If the Woolseys had really wanted to punish Greer they should have taken him to court for misrepresenting them

Instead, putting this letter out on the internet where they admit to having dinner with Greer but deny that it was a "briefing", just seems suspicious. It does help Greer's case in a way because it establishes that he did meet with them....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
So one bunch of proven serial liars calling another liar a liar.... and your point is? Were you present at that dinner and party to the conversation? I guess not, so I'm quite sure exactly what you are trying to prove.

Let's put the situation at a higher level for reflection. Do you think that Woolsey needed, required or ask for a "briefing" by Greer? I mean, think about it. Actually, you know, I wonder how that four-person dinner party came about? The safest speculation is that Greer was invited by someone--Woolsey or the other couple--who was the host?--because the CIA wanted to check him out without a couple of agents calling per standard MO. And Greer, not a man to passup making lemonade, figured he gave Woolsey a "briefing" over dinner. Sure, that works for me. Both connivers.

But who cares about the whole episode?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Without reading the thread i have to say that it is a shame that Dr. Greer is being pushed to the bottom of the pot. It matters little to me if he made or makes money off of his information, and this is a sign of where UFOlogy is headed in the near future.

Who's next?

And when courageous men and women have died for their convictions the field just may have a fight on their hands in the coming years.

I wish Dr. Greer would come on ATS and address this and other issues as he is discussed here on a regular basis.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh boy it does make him seem delusional...

Remember years ago Greer was the hot topic in UFOlogy and was attempting to get congressional backing so it is not surprising he was seated next to the Woolsey's at a party, people seated next to each other talk and Greer would of course use the opportunity to further his advancements on the UFO agenda he was keen for at the time.

It was a big mistake to disclose info that was off the record at a dinner party, not cool, and if you wish to become the grassroots movement with this delicate subject it has to work both ways as far as the diplomatic steps go.

He could have gone much further if he had some patience and kept the ego in check.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Its not steven greer you have to get, its the team of testimonies. Did greer rally a team of patological liars or people of rank and status coming forward telling what they whitnessed, or a mix of the 2? I dont think it is entierly impossible to find so some people in the armed forces willing to lie about ufos for attention. I am not sure how much money is in his buissness, but I dont see the disclosure dvd, avaiable on youtube, topping the amazon list anytime soon. Time will tell.
edit on 5-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

If the Woolseys had really wanted to punish Greer they should have taken him to court for misrepresenting them

Instead, putting this letter out on the internet where they admit to having dinner with Greer but deny that it was a "briefing", just seems suspicious. It does help Greer's case in a way because it establishes that he did meet with them....

A misconception on your part; it wasn't the CIA Director or possibly anyone connected to him that put the letter on the internet, that was done by IIG after finding it at UFO Watchdog.

And for all of those replying that their opinion is that Greer and co. were invited to sit with Woolsey and co., it is stated in the letter that they were seated together. It doesn't say they were invited together. When you're invited to a dinner you may not have any idea who you're going to be seating next to.

And to the same people, keep in mind the recent news of a couple inviting themselves to the White House and they were photographed with the POTUS.

When someone says "None of this is accurate" it's just a polite way of saying "You lied" as others with a better understanding of the intent have pointed out.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Oh, Mr Greer whose name rhymes a kin to Bob Saget's.

I would've joined you to become a Alien Ambassador, but I couldn't find my pen for that NDA, and for some reason I forgot my pin to give you that thousand.

Remember the two alien beings you photographed, oh how I envy thee.

Literally envious, you must be raking in the dough dough off these I want to believe(ers)
edit on 6-12-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

And for all of those replying that their opinion is that Greer and co. were invited to sit with Woolsey and co., it is stated in the letter that they were seated together. It doesn't say they were invited together. When you're invited to a dinner you may not have any idea who you're going to be seating next to.

And to the same people, keep in mind the recent news of a couple inviting themselves to the White House and they were photographed with the POTUS.

When someone says "None of this is accurate" it's just a polite way of saying "You lied" as others with a better understanding of the intent have pointed out.

Greer claims that it was intended to be a briefing all along and the whole "dinner" thing was a cover story.

Woolsey ADMITS to having dinner with Greer but says they just happened to be seated together at a dinner party.

Well, gee, whose story makes more sense? If anything, it seems more like Woolsey is lying.

As for "understanding the intent", I understand it very well. The intent was to publicly deny that Greer briefed Woolsey and publicly distance themselves from Greer. Because Greer was not discrete about the meeting but instead went all around the country loudly bragging about it at lectures and writing about it in his books, etc etc.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by antar

It was a big mistake to disclose info that was off the record at a dinner party, not cool, and if you wish to become the grassroots movement with this delicate subject it has to work both ways as far as the diplomatic steps go.

I'm with you on this. Greer's lack of diplomacy is quite obviously the reason they have distanced themselves from him. We have Greer's version of events which are plausible but indiscreet to reveal. We also have the denial. All this proves is that they met and Greer wants us to know and they don't like it. Of course if Disclosure was discussed then Greer explaining himself over dinner could be described as a briefing regardless of the nature of the dinner party. He could be lying but this only proves that somebody is misleading us. We still don't know who and does it matter. What about what was disclosed. Surely that is more important!

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by The Shrike

Without reading the thread i have to say that it is a shame that Dr. Greer is being pushed to the bottom of the pot. It matters little to me if he made or makes money off of his information, and this is a sign of where UFOlogy is headed in the near future.

Who's next?

And when courageous men and women have died for their convictions the field just may have a fight on their hands in the coming years.

I wish Dr. Greer would come on ATS and address this and other issues as he is discussed here on a regular basis.

You echo my comments earlier in the thread. There are hugely important whistle blowers whose stories are ignored. Where are you Greer?

However, we have to make sure those people did not die for nothing and move this work on.

Originally posted by Lysergic
Oh, Mr Greer whose name rhymes a kin to Bob Saget's.

I would've joined you to become a Alien Ambassador, but I couldn't find my pen for that NDA, and for some reason I forgot my pin to give you that thousand.

Remember the two alien beings you photographed, oh how I envy thee.

Literally envious, you must be raking in the dough dough off these I want to believe(ers)
edit on 6-12-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

This is what I mean. This is off topic but an example of refusing to engage with what is being discussed. The meeting still happened. Greer was obviously taken seriously in important circles to be even sat at the table...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
You echo my comments earlier in the thread. There are hugely important whistle blowers whose stories are ignored. Where are you Greer?

Not here, that's for sure!

Don't worry about him though. The whole "Disclosure" movement is progressing nicely, whether people think Greer is credible or not. There was the big UFO press conference on CNN, there are major announcements on the "Free Energy" front regularly, there are major grassroots movements to root out all the corruption in governments and restore constitutional law, etc etc.

In fact, there's SO much happening right now, that I don't really understand the need to go back to Greer stuff from 10 years ago...?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

In fact, there's SO much happening right now, that I don't really understand the need to go back to Greer stuff from 10 years ago...?

In a way that's what I was getting at. If Greer addressed the issues, even if he turns out to be a crook and can't get out of this then these long threads about his credibility might end.

Here we are discussing Greer and his credibility for a change lol.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This is what I mean. This is off topic but an example of refusing to engage with what is being discussed. The meeting still happened. Greer was obviously taken seriously in important circles to be even sat at the table...

Oh is it? Sure he was taken seriously until he started his whole greedy money grab, if you couldn't get that from my post than how is that my fault?

Greer for a lack of a better term is a BS scam artist, and this letter is just icing upon the cake, but feel free to "believe" in him and buy his rhetoric, I mean don't ignore his photo of his supposed "light being" moth. Whatever fulfills your fantasies.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

In a way that's what I was getting at. If Greer addressed the issues, even if he turns out to be a crook and can't get out of this then these long threads about his credibility might end.

What issues?

And the long threads about his credibility will never end, even if he shows up here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join