It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All Federal Employees: If ever there was a good time to disobey, Now Would Be That Time!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
How can your own government, in a so-called free and open society, order you not to look at leaked information that concerns you? Concerns your world, your country and ultimately YOU and YOUR family? If you are visiting this website, then you already have a pretty good idea that your government is lying to you about some pretty important stuff. Most likely you're here either because of your own self inquiry or your part of the cover up and spreading disinfo. You're not here by accident.

We're in some serious trouble here people. America has just been swindled out of her future. Your kids, my kids, our grandchildren on into infinity. They've stolen it from us and we all know it. And they didn't just do it to us, they did it to our children', grandchildren. It won't be ending any time soon. It's called slavery. There's other names as well. Corporatism. Fascism. Fuc kedism.
This post is well beyond asking you to "disobey orders". This is about our Constitution and about our freedom. PLEASE read those Wikileaks documents. Do it for your children, yourself, do it for us, your fellow citizens! Is there a higher ideal? This is your employer AND government . Are they lying? Do they represent you? And if you're here to spread disinfo, don't you feel a little like you are betraying your country, your fellow Americans AND your Self? Tell me this, what could possibly, under any circumstances, substitute for the truth? What would you take in place of the truth? Think about that one REALLY HARD. What would you take in PLACE OF THE TRUTH? What would you sacrifice for it? What would you ask your children to replace the truth with? What would you base your life on instead?This last question....pretend I asked it a thousand times cuz thats how much I mean it. What would you base you life on. if not the truth? So why would you ask, demand, coerce, etc. your fellow citizens to accept anything less either? And why, if your in that position, would you keep the truth from us? What do you think that has cost us? What has this cost you so far? Family, friends, children, time, money, sleepless nights. Your many trips to hell and back. Things I'm sure I can't even imagine. How much more will YOU pay to continue the lie? How much more will you ask us, your friends, neighbors, your fellow citizens, your fellow man, to pay? What payment is enough?
How much are you ruled by desire? Would you betray every single one of your fellow Americans to secure your place in the NWO or whatever else they (your bosses, our tyrants and demagogues) have in mind? Do you REALLY believe you will be leaving a better place for your children, grandchildren? Do you think about these things?
What gives you the right to the truth and not the rest of us? What? Who benefits when you keep the truth from us???
We are being lied to on EVERY level. That includes you and yours. Are you special? How many of you are special? It must end somewhere. Who does it end with? There's too many of you. Too many of us. I know it you know it, we all know it The country, the world is waking up my friends. The world is like a giant egg cracking open. Light is shining into the dark corners of these corporations, governments, even unto our own lives. THE LIGHT IS HERE. It's not going away.

Would you rather live in bondage? By bondage I mean the state of being bound by or subjected to some external power or control.... And see your family, friends, your fellow citizens live in bondage? Your children, grandchildren.... Would you rather not govern yourselves? I'd like to know a single person on the planet who prefers to live their lives outside of the truth if they know the true cost. What is bondage if not living a lie?

The information leaked was classified secret. Not Top Secret. I doubt it put a lot of lives in danger. It embarrassed a lot of very important people.Some of them very important, corrupt people. And probably a few decent, honorable people as well.
I'm truly sorry about that. What is the price of exposing honesty anyways? And why should anyone be ashamed of that?
TO ALL FEDERAL EMPLOYEES. PLEASE READ ALL OF THE WIKILEAKS DOCUMENTS. THE WORLD IS DEPENDING ON YOU TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES!!!!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/6/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There's not really anything I can add to this aside from a flag and a star and a great big "YOU SAID IT BROTHER!!!!!"

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

I don't have to read the entirety of your post to know that you sir, should be more careful in what you ask government employees to do.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
People need to start waking up, I believe each of us free thinkers are in store for something unfortunate if we keep beating around the bush with our idea's. We are sooooo enslaved, we are addicted to the system and will continue to let things slide.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

I don't have to read the entirety of your post to know that you sir, should be more careful in what you ask government employees to do.

nonsence!...................good thread op s&f

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2010 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Federal employees? While social security recipients, military retirees, got no raise last year and will get none this coming yesr, because cost of living actually went down,

And federal employees got raises because their expenses rose, WTF????, lol

Do you expect people, federal employees, like senators and congresspersons, would refuse these obviously unwarrented raises? LMAO!

What I'd like to see is, federal employees get paid in cash each payday. And then wish them good luck getting that cash home or to their favorite bank. lol

Just maybe, if the reality of life of most American citizens, came home to roost upon the teat sucking scums, things might change.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLord

This entire thread is three different blends of stupidity.

Federal employees could be your friends, your family or even your neighbors.

I say, leave them out of this false patriotism/jingoist racket.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think the time to disobey would have been long ago. We find ourselves in the messes we are in right now because of inaction on their, yours, mine part for a long time now. It's a little late in the game to make changes but not out of the question. Now someone kindly point me in the direction of that tree of liberty I have some business to attend to.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's not so much a matter of simply reading the documents. It's a matter of how you read them.

There's a lot of misinformation on this thread, I don't think I have the energy to address all of it, but some of you may need to check your sources.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
People being told NOT to do something is a far greater impetus for them to read it of their own accord. I think that's the best thing they could have done to get as much of this information to the people and to get them to read it. Ignoring it and not playing it up in the media would cause more people to do the same - but such media coverage and a declaration to NOT read this material is going to get a lot more readers than they ever wanted.

Kind of like trash mags like US Magazine - all the scandals are what get people to buy and read those things.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
There's not really anything I can add to this aside from a flag and a star and a great big "YOU SAID IT BROTHER!!!!!"

Ditto on that. Starred and flagged up the wazoo!!!

Federal employees - tell the bosses to go frack themselves.

You took a job, you weren't sold on an auction block.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

BTW orbitbaby, love your Waterhouse pic. I have always found the Pre-Raphaelites both rich in content and beguiling in subject matter. I love Rossetti's work!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You seem to be insinuating that Government employees can't make up their own minds?

This is the kind of thinking that got us where we are now.

second

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Wait for it. let em put us in check first. nothing is more dangerous than a wounded animal. or a man that knows his cause is right.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

As a federal employee, I have to say I disagree with you on this point.

There is never a good time to disobey a lawful order. There are only times to do what is correct according to your values and principles.

To that, I must point out, the wikileaks documents have little to do with it. I disagree with a number of things in our government at this point in time - and have for a while - and I really only care to see the size of government reduced and its influence over individual civilian lives reduced along with its tampering of the business world.

People keep secrets. If your life were cracked open, most of the people out there could be jailed for some offense or another that has been committed and gone unnoticed and unprosecuted. Government agencies are also authorized by our elected officials to keep certain things secret, and for good reason. Many of those things are not going to be popular, but need to be done.

The only sensible action to take is what I already chose to do - work towards the minimizing of government influence in areas it has no business interfering with. That reduces the influence of any crimes or corruption in the government and also reduces the possible gains to be had from criminal behavior.

The release of wikileaks documents was an illegal act - period. I cannot change law because I may or may not find it to be inconvenient. Only judges have assumed that authority in spite of the Constitution. Those documents still have a valid security classification applied to them and are still subject to being handled in accordance with proper procedure. Failure of federal employees to handle classified material according to the instructions provided by their member agencies is grounds for prosecution.

I cannot change law. It is not a threat. It is not anything 'unexpected.' It is simply the way things are. I have my doubts about how successful they will be in enforcing this - but I'm also not about to stick my wang out there to risk being slammed in the door, either.

The contents of these documents are rather inconsequential to my own personal convictions, and are really only useful as a historical record and account. I am already well aware of the fact that people in positions higher than myself make decisions I would fundamentally disagree with. I am already well aware of the fact that we collect intelligence on other nations, allies included.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

The only sensible action to take is what I already chose to do - work towards the minimizing of government influence in areas it has no business interfering with. That reduces the influence of any crimes or corruption in the government and also reduces the possible gains to be had from criminal behavior.
good luck to you. you are right in some of what you say but niave if you think it will do any good.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

good luck to you. you are right in some of what you say but niave if you think it will do any good.

It is kind of interesting how, since my father died, I have begun taking on an increasing number of his philosophies. Perhaps it is that I have taken to digging through things he has told me in life rather than actually asking him his opinion - it's a change I've noticed in myself and I'm not really sure of the cause.

However - he was a Vietnam veteran, and definitively conservative in almost every sense. He didn't speak often, and he didn't get emotional often. One thing he always cautioned me on was how to respond to my grievances with the government or any "system."

He was a firm believer in the idea that the people have the power. The people agreed to create the government and place authority within it. To buck the whole system because you don't agree with a part of it will never lead to a functional system of government. You do your best to work with the system.

Don't get me wrong - he seemed to believe the day would come when owning firearms would be illegal - when dissidents would be rounded up. He didn't join the NRA or any of the militias even though he was sympathetic to their causes because he didn't want to appear on a list. He didn't necessarily like the fact that I express my political views and resolve to tell the 'government' "over my dead body."

Ultimately - I place my faith in God and myself. I will do what I can to use the system we created to resolve the problems we face today. If the day ever comes when I need to buck that system - I will choose that day very carefully and act according to my values and principles.

The government only has power so long as people believe it has power. If enough people believe it has absolute control, then that will eventually be the case. I put on the uniform and serve my country alongside many others. I have friends and family here that I would never forsake. It saddens me every time I see people suggest that some paper-pushing bureaucrat could sign a piece of paper and we would all march off to yank you out of your homes and/or herd you into camps.

There is a point at which one's principles that tell them to work with the system and one's principles to adhere to moral values will conflict. If and when that happens - I've already decided how I will respond. But I would rather find alternatives to that response. It's not all bad, and it's still the best country on the planet. I aim to keep it that way without having to resort to paramilitary action.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A lot of (most of) govt employees are just trying to make a living just like the rest of us. While many of us talk big about sticking it to the man, civil disobedience, and extending a middle finger to TPTB, the fact is that most of us are stuck in the rat race, and with "the economy" the way it is and such, I doubt anyone is going to do anything to endanger their jobs which are being used to feed and shelter them, their wives, and their children, just because you tell them to rock the boat.

I've been out of work for over a year now, and barely hanging on by the skin of my teeth. If all I had to do to keep my cushy govt job with full insurance benefits and pension is to not visit some website while at work, you can damn well bet I would be happy to comply. Work is for doing WORK anyway. I'm sick of seeing people sigh and groan because they have to stop stop playing solitaire or surfing the web, in order to do their job. Unless you work from home, stop goofing off at work, and be glad that your boss telling you to not go to websites that get their IP address added to some govt watchlist is the only "restriction" you have to obey in exchange for receiving thousands of dollars per month.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

THEY WORK FOR US DO THEY NOT? We DEMAND that there be an open and honest, non-secrecy about what is going on. This does not put us in danger from foreign nations but exposes the elite and all THEIR crimes against the world population. It is OUR government after all is it not, again?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join